PDA

View Full Version : Just got a rating of 40% but

awbrown1462
05-16-15, 02:29 PM
The VA just rated me 40% disabled for my back but nothing for my knee or heart, While in the Marines I had 1/3 of my knee cap taking out and later I had an Angina (heart ) attack also while in they rated the knee as service connected but 0 % the heart they said not service connected and 0% going to call a American Legion Officer the funny thing is I did not put anything down for my back the VA did that at the medical center

Kegler300
05-16-15, 02:41 PM
If you get with your American Legion or DAV in your area, they will assist you with getting your rating increased. I'm 70% and not nearly as dilapidated as you are. ;)

awbrown1462
05-16-15, 09:31 PM
thats my plan was just waiting to get a rating frist

Tennessee Top
05-16-15, 09:46 PM
The DAV will get you squared-away. Never dealt with the American Legion so can't say about them. Good luck brother.

HM3 Doc Wilder
06-26-15, 12:31 AM
Good Luck Brother-A friend of mine-got 20%-for CAD-Coronary Artery Disease-this guy smoked very heavy and quit 5 years ago.He got his rating and had nothing to do with his time in service.Hello Tennessee Top-Hope your Well,enjoying your work......Keep Em Breathing.......God Bless......

ChuckH
07-11-15, 11:07 AM
40% plus a wife equals $650.00 every month tax free... :)

FistFu68
07-12-15, 05:55 AM
Congrats You owe it 2 yourself Marine it's a big boot in the Door...Hell when I got out in 72 I was rated @ 30 per...4 multiple gunshot wounds alot of nerve damage & shattered bones Enough 2 make payments on a 440 Six pack Duster ;) goes 2 show you I musta been F**ked in the Head 2 cause I shoulda bought that Hemi LOL all kidding aside Goodluck 2 ya Go Easy Sempers

Old Marine
07-12-15, 03:03 PM
First time I have heard of getting a rating for CAD when it is not service related.

oldtop
08-03-15, 09:18 AM
if you set boots on the ground anywhere in Nam, then CAD is considered a "presumptive " disease resulting from "exposure to agent orange"... CAD is also called "Ischemic Heart Disease", which is what the VA calls it.....

advanced
08-03-15, 09:23 AM
They say I'm 100% and I'm in great shape.

oldtop
08-03-15, 02:16 PM
Russ, DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE........

silveradomick
08-03-15, 03:49 PM
I'd like to get something for my hearing loss (huh, what's that you say?) and tinnitus, but I feel like I'd be leeching off the system since in the grand scheme of things that's a pretty minor ailment. I've often thought about contacting the VA, but since I never documented it while I was in I'm worried it would be a big waste of time. 11 years later and my ears are still ringing to beat hell from that damn IED though, lol

oldtop
08-03-15, 04:18 PM
Justin, FILE YOUR CLAIM, you EARNED it... and no, you're not "leeching the system" ... if you need some help or advice on filing your claim, shoot me a PM.....

silveradomick
08-03-15, 04:23 PM
Roger. Will do. I'll PM you soon. Gotta get the shoulder thing squared away first.

ChuckH
08-04-15, 06:47 AM
tinnitus is an automatic 10%, I have an open claim for hearing loss as I am on the threshold.
Also got 40% for PTSD...
The point is I waited 40 some odd years to finally file and it started with the tinnitus claim...

silveradomick
08-04-15, 08:26 AM
I thought there was some sort of time limit? I don't know man, I just don't feel like I deserve anything. I should go ahead and file a claim while I'm off work for the next couple of weeks.

ChuckH
08-04-15, 09:59 AM
I felt the same way... My hearing loss was from Vietnam, they did not compensate all the way back to 1968, but they did go back 3 years for me...
Nice little check.
My PTSD they only went back 1 year.
BTW, they also paid for my hearing aids which were the really expensive ones...
I have NO complaints with my dealings with the VA...

Any chance you are going to make it up to CT next Saturday for our Regionals we are hosting?

silveradomick
08-04-15, 10:23 AM
Nah Chuck, not in the cards this year. The wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant, my two rugrats are maniacs, and I'm off work hurt so she's pretty well accustomed to me being here and helping her out. Poor girl looks like she's about ready to pop!