PDA

View Full Version : If you're in the business world, read this book!

MAJMike
01-11-04, 12:59 PM
I picked this up at my local Borders a few nights ago and have been immersed in it ever since. If you are in business, work for your self or are involved in any kind of service organization, the lessons are invaluable.

"The Marine Corps Way...Using Maneuver Warfare to Lead a Winning Organization" by Jason Santamaria, Vincent Martino and Dr. Eric Clemons, PhD.

Santamaria and Martino are former Marine Corps officers.

Quote: "I could never have founded and did what I did at FedEx if I had not served in the Marines." - Frederick Smith, Founder and CEO, Federal Express

The Marine Corps Way applies Maneuver Warfare - the warfighting doctrine of the United States Marine Corps - to business.* In simplest terms, Maneuver Warfare uses speed, surprise, and concentrated force to achieve maximum impact with minimal expenditure of resources.**

This Is Not Your Typical Military Business Book

Featuring 46 cases from warfare and business, the authors describe how you can use Maneuver Warfare to achieve breakthrough results in your organization.* And, through a three-pillared leadership philosophy, The Marine Corps Way explains how to unlock the ingenuity and energy an organization's most precious asset:* its people.

Written by two former Marines and a professor from the University of Pennsylvania’s acclaimed Wharton School, The Marine Corps Way offers the kind of business leadership advice that comes only from hard-earned experience and proven success.