PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Pictures

Big Boz
04-06-15, 10:32 PM
What a great experience. Family day was great. Graduation day was even better. The family time the following two days was priceless.

Brothers - I overheard them thanking each other for making it fun at times.

2nd generation and 3rd generation Marines

After the Crucible, when things eased up a little, they talked about their motorcycles. Times sure are different.

Great Grandpa (WWII Pacific Theater Vet-Army) & New Marine

chulaivet1966
04-06-15, 11:21 PM
Great pics Boz....

I hope the family tradition continues on.
Send some respect to all from me and tell him to make us proud.
Have a couple on me.....:beer:

Carry on....

irpat54
04-07-15, 08:46 AM
outstanding, and congrats,,

Tennessee Top
04-07-15, 04:33 PM
Today, after the crucible, they receive their EGA/rank, have a warriors breakfast at the messhall, and are considered Marines even though they haven't graduated from recruit training yet. At that point, the DI's are more like mentors than tormentors. All the testing is complete so there is really nothing standing in the way of graduation except the actual ceremony the following Friday.

Phantom Blooper
04-07-15, 05:25 PM
Nice pictures! Congratulation's to the young Marine!

On a side note from the first picture.....even though you are his senior.... your son should be named "Big Boz"!

MunkyVsRobot
04-07-15, 06:21 PM
I see blues so I am guessing they are San Diego Marines?

Great photos.

Big Boz
04-07-15, 07:23 PM
Nice pictures! Congratulation's to the young Marine!

On a side note from the first picture.....even though you are his senior.... your son should be named "Big Boz"!

Probably, but
"Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"

Big Boz
04-07-15, 07:26 PM
I see blues so I am guessing they are San Diego Marines?

Great photos.

Yes San Diego. My son said that during the 1st meeting of his Drill Instructors, his Senior said that he had gone to P.I. My son asked "Isn't that where all of the girls go?" He said that he was double timing in place for over an hour and a half.

Maybe I should have told him that he should have waited until he hit the fleet to use that one.

Big Boz
04-07-15, 07:35 PM
He set some goals for himself, reached some, came close on others.
Goal - Company high shooter --- Shot a 334 and company high was 339
Goal - 18:00 Three mile --- 18:01
Goal - 1st up the Grim Reaper --- Would have been if they didn't form up for the EGA ceremony.
Goal - Make his D.I. laugh ---achieved this on the last hygiene inspection by pulling his skivies waaaay to the side and letting his "boys" hang out. He said the Drill Instructor stepped in front of him, took one look, put his head down, lost it, gathered himself quickly and said "You might want to go to the PX and buy the proper size skivies"

mexbearlll
04-10-15, 10:01 PM
Congratulation's S/F

Baker1971
04-11-15, 08:21 AM
Great photos. Congrats to all.

m14ed
04-12-15, 06:06 AM
Congrats to the whole family ! and Semper Fi

MunkyVsRobot
04-19-15, 06:16 AM
Yes San Diego. My son said that during the 1st meeting of his Drill Instructors, his Senior said that he had gone to P.I. My son asked "Isn't that where all of the girls go?" He said that he was double timing in place for over an hour and a half.

Maybe I should have told him that he should have waited until he hit the fleet to use that one.
Haha pretty funny. Ask him where John Basilone and Chesty Puller went to recruit training ;)