PDA

View Full Version : 1391 BF questions

PFCRamirez
04-05-15, 09:12 AM
any BFs' stationed in Camp Pedelton? where do the majority of you all work as far as the sections say SOI or northern area.

josephd
04-05-15, 08:35 PM
any BFs' stationed in Camp Pedelton? where do the majority of you all work as far as the sections say SOI or northern area.

I'm confused by your question...??......what sections are you talking about that say "SOI" or "northern area"?

As a bulk fueler going to Pendleton you'll either go to 7th ESB or the Wing....there is few other(and rare) options.

josephd
04-05-15, 08:49 PM
I think I may understand what you're asking now....

7th ESB is right next to Mainside, just inside the back gate

MWSS(Wing) is right next to Camp Margarita, about 15 minutes South of SOI/Camp Horno right on Basilone Rd.

PFCRamirez
04-05-15, 11:21 PM
my fault for the confusion Sergeant, was in a hurry when the above questions were posted, but yes that's what I ment to say, which you happen to reply with the right answer, we were told this past week our our orders except our Staff Sergeant spoke to fast therefore didn't catch if I was going to the usual site or a wing site. When we receive our paper orders I'll know the correct site, thanks for the information Sergeant

josephd
04-06-15, 08:58 PM
my fault for the confusion Sergeant, was in a hurry when the above questions were posted, but yes that's what I ment to say, which you happen to reply with the right answer, we were told this past week our our orders except our Staff Sergeant spoke to fast therefore didn't catch if I was going to the usual site or a wing site. When we receive our paper orders I'll know the correct site, thanks for the information Sergeant

no problem, hope you go to 7th ESB......great group of guys there(i know/knew a few) and you'll enjoy being with an ESB(ground) better than the Wing

PFCRamirez
04-07-15, 02:01 AM
by the look of it might just be 7th ESB Sergeant nd I'll keep that noted on how personnel conducts business ther. .... another question is what is the 7th ESB mean?

devilbones2
04-07-15, 05:26 AM
7th Engineer Support Battalion.

josephd
04-07-15, 11:44 AM
7th Engineer Support Battalion.

this

PFCRamirez
04-07-15, 04:52 PM
Sergeant the location for that unit is el Centro nd how far from the main gate of entrance?

josephd
04-07-15, 05:31 PM
Sergeant the location for that unit is el Centro nd how far from the main gate of entrance?

El Centro?.....not sure what you are looking at but....No...El Centro is a Naval Air Station now, not a Marine base

I can't give you an exact address but 7th ESB is just inside the back gate next to Fallbrook Naval Weapons Station. I want to say it is right on Vandergrift Blvd., if you were to continue further into the base you would drive right to into Mainside

PFCRamirez
04-10-15, 03:25 PM
Sergeant if I may, do you live off-base by any chance? What community is around the 7th ESB?

PFCRamirez
04-10-15, 03:38 PM
If to live on base housing after being approved and such what is the time and pocess to move off base besides checking out through TMO?

josephd
04-10-15, 04:06 PM
Sergeant if I may, do you live off-base by any chance? What community is around the 7th ESB?

No, I am a reservist I am not stationed there. I am just very familiar with the area.

Escondido and Fallbrook both are just outside the back gates. Oceanside is just outside the front/main gate off the freeway. San Clemente is just North of base there out the San Onefre gate(near SOI).

PFCRamirez
04-10-15, 04:36 PM
I see, reason I ask cause for certain I'll be in the 7th ESB and am a family man who needs to look for off base housing Sergeant but your info is of help

devilbones2
04-10-15, 04:40 PM
I see, reason I ask cause for certain I'll be in the 7th ESB and am a family man who needs to look for off base housing Sergeant but your info is of help
http://www.militarybyowner.com/bases/ca/camp-pendleton.aspx
http://usmclife.com/bases/camp-pendleton/military-housing/
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-diego/1524843-pros-cons-living-near-camp-pendleton.html

Some of this is old but its a good starting point. I lived in Vista when I was out there. There are some good schools in the San Marcos area, not sure how old your kids are. Good luck.

PFCRamirez
04-10-15, 05:19 PM
went on the second link they tell you how the area is so much helpful .... Sergeant did you do your training at FT Lee for BF?

mexbearlll
04-10-15, 09:32 PM
Make sure You check Your orders, it's not like the old days. When My Son got to 29 palms His orders had Him checking into Housing first, before looking for something off base . Let Me know when You get settled in, I'm a 1391 from the 80's and would like to know how things have changed. S/F

josephd
04-10-15, 11:15 PM
went on the second link they tell you how the area is so much helpful .... Sergeant did you do your training at FT Lee for BF?

yes I did

PFCRamirez
04-21-15, 04:27 PM
Found out my actual unit is the CLB1 in Camp Pedelton, where is this unit located?

josephd
04-21-15, 06:52 PM
Found out my actual unit is the CLB1 in Camp Pedelton, where is this unit located?

same area as 7th ESB, near mainside I beleive

PFCRamirez
04-22-15, 04:58 PM
how was the chain of command back then? it is very strict now

PFCRamirez
04-22-15, 04:59 PM
near mainside? Where the front gates of Camp Pedelton are?

mexbearlll
04-23-15, 11:35 PM
CLB1 , did that the place of F.S.S.G.

josephd
04-23-15, 11:40 PM
how was the chain of command back then? it is very strict now

huh?

josephd
04-23-15, 11:41 PM
near mainside? Where the front gates of Camp Pedelton are?

ummm kind of.....mainside is not by the front gates, if by front gates you mean the ones right off the I-5 next to Ocean Side

josephd
04-23-15, 11:42 PM
CLB1 , did that the place of F.S.S.G.

pretty much

PFCRamirez
05-01-15, 04:46 PM
Is 1st MLG in Camp Pedelton the same as the 7th ESB? Also, which units there aren't deployable?

josephd
05-01-15, 05:47 PM
Is 1st MLG in Camp Pedelton the same as the 7th ESB? Also, which units there aren't deployable?

No, they are not the same. 7th ESB falls under 1st MLG command. G= Group > B=Battalion.

They are all deployable and do so quite frequently with the MEU's(Marine Expeditionary Unit). If you don't want to deploy you are in the wrong line of work.

PFCRamirez
05-01-15, 08:31 PM
where is the 1st MLG unit located than? ... was told some units weren't deployable which I fond hard to believe had to get a verifier

josephd
05-02-15, 12:03 AM
where is the 1st MLG unit located than? ... was told some units weren't deployable which I fond hard to believe had to get a verifier

Camp Pendleton.....near Mainside as I have already said, but not by the Main/Front gate off the I-5 by Oceanside

how many times do I have to repeat myself...ggeeeezzus

yes there is units that are not deployable but 1st MLG and its subordinates are not them

m14ed
05-02-15, 04:25 AM
this kid'll be lookin for the ocean when
the rest of the Marines are hitting
the beach......