PDA

View Full Version : Reserves trying to go active (conditional release)

crazynotinsane
03-23-15, 05:32 PM
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I am a current drilling reservist Marine looking for information on conditional release and PSEP.

I have only been active for schooling and I have been with my unit for one year. recently while out in korea I decided that I wanted to attempt switching over to active duty.

I have already gotten my DD 368 signed by my recruiter and The designated OIC of my unit. I dont know where to go from here and it seems like I cant get a clear response from the recruiters.

Please if you can pass on knowledge this would be greatly appreciated

cpl1142
03-23-15, 08:03 PM
marne corps order 1130.80a

cpl1142
03-23-15, 08:05 PM
http://www.marforres.marines.mil/About/ReserveCareerBillets.aspx

cpl1142
03-23-15, 08:07 PM
Should get youstarted… Read it, print it, and bring it to your recruiter and good luck. Manypeople will tell you it can’t be done but anything is possible. But I wouldn’tbe surprised if it takes a few years to finally get approved. It appears you’vedone the hardest part… Finding a recruiter who will help.

josephd
03-23-15, 10:27 PM
The DD368 needs to go all the way up to a Flag Officer(A General), so whoever the first General is in your chain of command.

I went through this process back in 2009. Everything was signed approved but the problem was getting re-contracted into active duty. The release gives you a 30 day window after being signed to get a recruiter to re-contract you, chances of that happening are EXTREMELY! slim

Tennessee Top
03-23-15, 10:35 PM
If you're not a highschool senior (and don't require any waivers), recruiters are not interested in you. They're hoping you'll take the hint and leave them alone.

crazynotinsane
03-24-15, 10:55 AM
cpl1142, I checked the link through manpower and I can't access it. Do you know if someone has the psep checklist?

Marine1011
03-24-15, 11:36 AM
a username and a profile like this one does wonders for credibility.

josephd
03-24-15, 12:45 PM
cpl1142, I checked the link through manpower and I can't access it. Do you know if someone has the psep checklist?

you don't need a PSEP checklist, get that DD368 passed up your chain if this is something you want to do

crazynotinsane
03-24-15, 04:01 PM
To explain a bit more, I have sent up the dd 368 through my unit. I have the CO's signature on the form and the recruiter signature. I'm just not sure what comes next and the recruiter (who is an amazing individual by the way) is looking into the next steps. I just would like to talk to anyone who has gone through the process to make this a lot easier.

USMC 2571
03-24-15, 07:05 PM
Keep us posted on this thread.

josephd
03-24-15, 08:42 PM
To explain a bit more, I have sent up the dd 368 through my unit. I have the CO's signature on the form and the recruiter signature. I'm just not sure what comes next and the recruiter (who is an amazing individual by the way) is looking into the next steps. I just would like to talk to anyone who has gone through the process to make this a lot easier.

did you not read my previous posts there Devil??.....I have been through this before, but with no success

The DD368 form needs to go up to a Flag Officer(aka. a General in your chain) in order to release you from your obligation to the Reserves. Your personal CO does not have that permission, he/she can only release your from your unit.

And like I said before once it get signed/approved at that level it'll come back to you, at that point you need to go back to the recruiter that signed it the first time and he will have a 30 day window to get you re-contracted into active duty.

Don't set your heart on this becoming a reality, you are no longer a new join/poolee and the recruiter is going to have a hard time getting you into the fleet. You have to understand that the Marine Corps/DoD/U.S. Government just got done spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay you, feed you, and train you to become a Marine and to learn your MOS....Do you really think they are just going to let you go and pay out even more on you to retrain you??.....they at least want a small return on their investment, meaning they are going to want to see you fulfill at least a little bit of your obligation to your contract

crazynotinsane
03-31-15, 06:05 PM
So I grabbed multiple copies of the dd368 and they are going to be forwarded up through 4th maw hopefully up to marforres. Career planner is helping and the shop SNCOIC is endorsing it so hopefully I'll get a response soon. What comes after this.

josephd
03-31-15, 11:19 PM
So I grabbed multiple copies of the dd368 and they are going to be forwarded up through 4th maw hopefully up to marforres. Career planner is helping and the shop SNCOIC is endorsing it so hopefully I'll get a response soon. What comes after this.

you wait, seriously. once it's signed and you get it back then you take it back to the recruiter that signed it the first time and he'll have a 30 day window to get you re-contracted into active duty

Tennessee Top
04-01-15, 09:40 AM
Hurry up and wait.

josephd
04-02-15, 02:12 PM
Hurry up and wait.

yep...kinda the opposite in this case though......wait and then hurry up

crazynotinsane
06-10-15, 01:00 AM
Alright so my paperwork has been sent up and i jumped onto tfrs to find out the open boat spaces. I am a 5974 and my own MOS is closed. I guess the questions I have now is as an obligor (obligated...