PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to carry tasers??

Trinity FSB
03-13-15, 05:35 AM
Greetings.

Being a gun enthusiast myself, I have always fumed over the fact that concealed carry is against MCO.
But recently I wondered if carrying a taser would comply with MCO.

Does anyone know about this? Can we own and carry tasers?

Phantom Blooper
03-13-15, 05:57 AM
Call or ask PMO...I would say it would a concealed weapon and if you tazed someone who is going to take out the leads if you are in a remote spot?

Baker1971
03-13-15, 10:26 AM
Fill out your profile Marine.

Marine1011
03-13-15, 11:46 AM
Don't blame you for "fuming". Of course, generals down to privates all carry tasers, no problem.

advanced
03-13-15, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't carry a taser, too complicated for me. That's why I carry a simple good old fashioned 1911. One shot, one arm or one leg or one head or, well you get the point.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ff8b1731/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

USMC 2571
03-13-15, 03:26 PM
"""Fill out your profile Marine.""""---I'll tell you why Baker1971 aka Jimmy said that. It's because he noticed that the OP joined 115 years ago this year.

Mongoose
03-13-15, 04:28 PM
"""Fill out your profile Marine.""""---I'll tell you why Baker1971 aka Jimmy said that. It's because he noticed that the OP joined 115 years ago this year.

Talk about an old salt..........

Tennessee Top
03-13-15, 10:14 PM
Doesn't one need to be a law enforcement officer to legally taze someone? Do they even sell those things to non LEO's? I know you can buy a shocking device but don't remember seeing a tazer anywhere.

USMCARivera
03-17-15, 02:12 PM
Any time I'm having a bad day at work, I come back to this particular post and read it and it instantly makes me laugh.

MunkyVsRobot
03-17-15, 04:09 PM
They say there are no stupid questions, i think there can be exceptions made to that rule and i think this is one of them. What in the world do you need to be carrying a tazer stung gun rocket launcher SMAW on base anyways? Out in town you can as long as you have the right papwerwork and dont live in the bricks and if you live in the bricks your weapon must be kept in the armory or at a friends house.

Also it is against DoD policy to carry concealed firearms on base you can thank William Jefferson Clinton for that.