PDA

View Full Version : After MOS school help?

jdubs94
03-07-15, 11:58 AM
good afternoon killers, I graduate bulk fuel school on the 19th and am getting stationed in kbay hawaii and I was curios if I get leave after school? Staff ncos have been telling me yes and no so I'm not sure if I do or not. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

MunkyVsRobot
03-07-15, 01:22 PM
Good afternoon shower shoe, if you rate leave between MOS school and your duty station they will let you know it isnt always guaranteed. Id be willing to bet more often than not yes, but how much depends on how much you have saved my guess is you have only like 6 days plus maybe 5 for transit.

irpat54
03-07-15, 02:12 PM
also it depends on how badly they need you at your duty station...

Big Boz
03-07-15, 07:36 PM
Good afternoon shower shoe.

Good one.
Let me get this straight. You DON'T want to spend as much time as you can in Hawaii? Next time that thought crosses your mind, google pictures of 29 Palms.

Tennessee Top
03-07-15, 08:46 PM
Normally, one must report into the new unit first. Then, that command will decide if they can afford to let you go away so soon. But, anything is possible. Won't hurt to ask for leave and see what they say.

irpat54
03-08-15, 08:11 AM
Good one.
Let me get this straight. You DON'T want to spend as much time as you can in Hawaii? Next time that thought crosses your mind, google pictures of 29 Palms.

that's for sure, my Daughter was their for her entire first enlistment (4 years) in the Corps, and it was as dismal as i remembered, lol, when we went their to visit her. She couldn't wait to get out of their.

advanced
03-08-15, 10:03 AM
I got to go to Hawaii once, of course it was a midnight fuel stop on the way to oki and the Nam. I did have time for 2 double jacks though so everything looked real nice.

You get assigned to one of the best duty stations in the MC and you want to go home to podunk 1st. What am I missing homesick boot?<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b5a38d43/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Mongoose
03-08-15, 03:32 PM
I don't know if I would have the guts to ask, after what happened to me. The first day after being assigned to my first major command, I asked for a leave to go home. The very next day, I was walking point in the Arizona Territory of Quang Nam.......with a bright red helmet and a red utility shirt with a bulls eye on the front and back.

Baker1971
03-08-15, 05:40 PM
Not Good :)

Phantom Blooper
03-08-15, 06:41 PM
I asked for leave once and got 60 days mess duty..........

advanced
03-08-15, 07:24 PM
I asked for R&R and got sent to Meade River

doc h fmf
03-09-15, 10:20 AM
As the company corpsman,I took leave when our company did before and after deployments,I didnt take any leave in SOI or MCT I just took the 96's when we had them. I really didnt ask for leave because we had liberty in nice places so I considered that like vacation.So I had a good time in the Corps Iam very sorry I couldnt get promoted and stay in.

Semper Fi my brothers

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

advanced
03-09-15, 11:27 AM
I asked for leave once and got 60 days mess duty..........

At least you got all that you could eat. <script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b5a38d43/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Mongoose
03-09-15, 02:07 PM
Russ, we got all we could eat also. Nothing tastier than biting the head off those leeches and sucking the blood and guts out. Not to mention those fish heads smothered in maggots, we got from the old mama-sons. Or those baby bamboo shoots boiled in water buffalo shet. I heard that the average grunt in Nam ate 24 pounds of insects a month. I think mine was a little more than that. As I liked to dip my bugs in agent orange to soften them up. Them was the good old days brother. I got hungry as hell, just typing this out.

USMCARivera
03-09-15, 02:11 PM
Russ, we got all we could eat also. Nothing tastier than biting the head off those leeches and sucking the blood and guts out. Not to mention those fish heads smothered in maggots, we got from the old mama-sons. Or those baby bamboo shoots boiled in water buffalo shet. I heard that the average grunt in Nam ate 24 pounds of insects a month. I think mine was a little more than that. As I liked to dip my bugs in agent orange to soften them up. Them was the good old days brother. I got hungry as hell, just typing this out.
i never thought I'd find anything worse than Afghanistan then I read this.

mexbearlll
03-13-15, 12:47 AM
Do they even have mess-duty anymore ?

Marine1011
03-13-15, 04:51 AM
Yes, but it's online these days.

Phantom Blooper
03-13-15, 05:16 AM
Most of the government mess halls are contracted to civilians...there maybe some mess duty people helping.

Usually a SNCO is on duty to oversee the mess hall is working right.

mexbearlll
03-13-15, 08:08 AM
Do they have Civilians pulling Guard duty also ?

Phantom Blooper
03-13-15, 08:33 AM
On the gate are civilian cops at most installations working with PMO. As far as roaming guard ...like month on Sgt..Cpl...and guard posts...armory et. I don't know...but everything else has changed so.........

AndrewD
03-21-15, 08:56 AM
Afternoon Devils,

I am currently on Grad status here in Pensacola. My graduation date is March 31st and I leave with Pendleton orders the next day for "C" School. I was wondering if it was possible to request leave days to be authorized while en-route to Camp Pendleton. For example, that weekend from April 3rd to April 5th?

josephd
03-21-15, 12:41 PM
Afternoon Devils,

I am currently on Grad status here in Pensacola. My graduation date is March 31st and I leave with Pendleton orders the next day for "C" School. I was wondering if it was possible to request leave days to be authorized while en-route to Camp Pendleton. For example, that weekend from April 3rd to April 5th?

start your own thread!!

mexbearlll
03-21-15, 09:34 PM
Thanks josephd, for a minute reading post#21 I thought My meds were not working.

Tennessee Top
03-21-15, 11:08 PM
We got hijacked!

cpl1142
03-22-15, 07:24 PM
jdubs94, I can certainly understand the desire to go home before going to Hawaii. For one, Airfare! Two, any trip home and you burn two days of leave just on travel. Here is a suggestion, report in, get your feet wet, make a good name for you self, stay squared away (nothing like NJP and restriction will crush your dreams of leave), after an appropriate amount if time and good chunk of leave saved up (hopefully some cash too unless you blow it a Senor Frogs) and take some leave that'll be worth the trip home. You are just getting started, now is the time to set the tone for the rest of your career. Home isn't going anywhere and if there is someone back home waiting for you, they can wait a little longer. And if they don't wait, um your in Hawaii.. The local girls are kinda on the plus size but the Asians there are smokin' And if you do any deployments to South East Asia you are gonna wish you were single.