PDA

View Full Version : Switching mos help

Bockrath11
02-23-15, 10:06 AM
Currently finished mct and was giving orders for my mos training (MOS 1142 -- Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician)

I'm going to go thru the school. My question is how and when could I go about changing my mos.

Thank you for the input.

USMCARivera
02-23-15, 11:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can switch your MOS when/if you reenlist. You definitely can't do it anytime soon though. Is this not the MOS you chose? Why do you want to switch already? I always tell my poolees that even if you can't get the MOS you wanted remember you're a marine first and that's something to be proud of.

josephd
02-23-15, 04:47 PM
You just graduated MCT, there is no way you are going to be able switch your MOS.

You ask this as if you think you have an option!?!?

MunkyVsRobot
02-23-15, 06:43 PM
Friggin boot hasnt even hit the fleet yet and is already trying to change his MOS. hate to break it to you twinkle toes but you arent going to be able to switch your MOS unless you either A re-enlist...

USMC 2571
02-23-15, 07:09 PM
By now I should KNOW not to drink coffee or any beverage when reading one of Munky's responses of this type. :)

Tennessee Top
02-23-15, 11:07 PM
You better believe you're going through the school. The USMC is not going to pay for your formal training as an 1142, just to turn right around and pay for you to be trained as something else. They will want some kind of return on their investment. Normally, that means at least two years before you can even start to think about a lateral move to something else. After two years on station, go talk to your unit career planner (who will most likely tell you to come back when it's time to reenlist).