Story by Cpl. Paula M. Fitzgerald <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C.(Jan. 8,...

firstsgtmike
01-09-04, 09:55 AM
I've got a problem with this.

Jealous? No. My promotions were on time, based on TIS/TIG. I had friends who applied for, and were accepted for WO and LDO programs. I chose not to, and wished them the best.

I do not comment out of jealousy.

A Captain leans on, depends on, and learns from his First Sergeant.

A Major, learns from and relies on his First Sergeant.

A Lt. Col. expects his First Sergeants to do their jobs.

We have a warehouseman, who, when promoted to Sgt. went on Recruiting duty. As a Recruiting hot-shot, he was promoted to Staff, and then to Gunny.

As a Gunny, in a warehouseman's MOS he was stationed in Kuwait for five months of sandstorms and blistering heat.

Now, at the age of 29, he is a First Sergeant, on his way to an infantry unit, so that his Company Commander can lean on him, depend on him, and learn from him all that his practical experience can teach an Infantry Commander.

Oh?

It sounds like a case of the blind leading the blind. As impractical as two blind lesbians trying to find each other in a fish market.

Is there anyone who doubts that First Sgt Anthony Page is headed for Sgt. Major of the Marine Corps?????

Now, how could I be jealous of that, when I was offered promotion to Sgt. Major in my 19th year, if I would withdraw my retirement papers.

(I was among the last of the "good guys" who could retire on nineteen years and six months. and call it Twenty.)