PDA

View Full Version : Lifer day to day.

MasterFunsSon
02-07-15, 06:01 PM
Hello Marines. I am the son of a retired Master Gunnery Sergeant, and throughout the years of moving and deployments, I feel like I have a somewhat decent understanding of what my father's position entailed. My question is, what is the day to day life of a First Sergeant/Sergeant Major? Warrant Officers? Officers? I know that I want to serve my four or more, but I am trying to understand what I would be doing if I was still in the Marines 20+ years from now. All answers are much appreciated.

Old Marine
02-07-15, 07:53 PM
Only the Shadow knows.

SGT7477
02-07-15, 10:13 PM
Why ask here when your dad had that rank, Semper Fidelis.

m14ed
02-08-15, 02:29 AM
WTF , brighteyes........

What makes you think you can even
earn the title of MARINE ?
Let alone make the time enduring run
to a achieve any NCO status ?????

Yah gotta start at the bottom, Sweetpea,
yah gotta start at the bottom.

P.S. that's about the best job any "Marinefriend"
ever did filling out their profile that I've ever
seen.
GoodLuck

MunkyVsRobot
02-08-15, 08:21 AM
Is your father still living? If so ask him hes the one that lived it.

As it pertains to first off you doing your first four if that even happens should be the primary focus. With how the military is going they may not even want you its getting harder to join now and its even harder now than when I joined and that was less than 4 years ago.

As it pertains to the second half of your question what the hell kind of question is that? What will you be doing in 20+ years first off you are making a big assumption that you are going to even make it that far people are being forced into retirement and they are 18 years in. Secondly you dont even know what you are going to be doinbg tomorrow a week from now a month from now how the hell can you expect to know what you will be doing 20 years from now assuming you are even alive in all honesty.

Marine1011
02-08-15, 08:40 AM
Munky always tells it like it is, and his impatience with these types is shared by most of us.

SGT7477
02-08-15, 09:56 AM
He said retired,lol, Semper Fidelis.