PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake in California and I

Sparrowhawk
09-03-02, 07:38 PM
wanted to share that experience with you all..

<a href="http://www.sillyhumor.com/earthquake.html">CALIFORNIA EARTHQUAKE</a>

Sixguns
09-03-02, 07:43 PM
there's a reason why I like the East Coast!!!

Sure you got the sun and the surf, but I'll still have my home in one piece!!! LOL.

wrbones
09-03-02, 07:55 PM
I booted myself all the way back to my screen saver! LMAOROTF.

devilpup2B
09-03-02, 08:58 PM
I woke up at 00:10 because of that stupid earthquake. It knocked my sister's mirror over and that almost shattered. She caught it just in time and that loud THUNK woke me up. I went from dead sleep to wide awake in no time flat. It was funny. My cat was all tripped out, too. As soon as my brother came in and said, "What the...?" the kitten shot outta my room and went flying down the hall. So yeah, that's my earthquake story. :)

LadyLeatherneck
09-03-02, 10:44 PM
Having been born and raised in Cali if it ain't over 6
I don't feel a thing. And even if I had I would of just
rolled over on my other side and gone back to sleep. :D
Nothing I can do about it anyway..LOL!!

wrbones
09-03-02, 11:43 PM
Click on the link! <looks both ways> It's a joke link!

Sparrowhawk
09-04-02, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by LadyLeatherneck
Nothing I can do about it anyway..LOL!!

You can stop farting in the middle of the night!, that's probably the real reason, why we have earthquakes in California!....:lick:

Sixguns
09-04-02, 04:49 PM
Just don't get it!! LOL

There's a link in the post , duh!!! LMAO

I knew it had to be something that jacked your screen all up or something along those lines. I chose not to click on it. I guess some folks thought we were talking about the real thing.

LadyLeatherneck
09-04-02, 05:11 PM
Psst...we REALLY did have an earthquake in California!!!
Who's "Duh" now?! :lick:

Sixguns
09-04-02, 05:35 PM
I thought you were Laura? Did you change your name?

Earthquake stories are probably not helping to sell a West Coast reunion! LOL.

LadyLeatherneck
09-04-02, 05:40 PM
LOL Six! Very funny..NOT!! :p

Dang and I thought you guys were all Marines?!
You're gonna tell me a little shake, rattle, and roll
is going to scare you away?!!...LOL

Sixguns
09-04-02, 06:10 PM
are you planning to shake, rattle and roll us if we come to the West Coast???? LOL.

JAMarine
09-04-02, 06:22 PM
I bet your motto is;

If The House Isa Rockin,
Don't Bother Knockin isn't it?

HaHaHa.

:p

lindagr41
09-04-02, 07:17 PM
Woo, Cook. Did the earth move for you? ;) :banana:

me

http://wowjoke.com/image/1003.gif

Sophora
09-04-02, 07:45 PM
This Arizonian is buying up land in Yuma...figure it'll be beachfront when Cali shakes rattles and rolles out to sea ;)

LadyLeatherneck
09-05-02, 09:46 AM
LOL Sophora. I always wanted to live on an Island! :D

Jim
09-05-02, 10:20 AM
I remember diving out a window at MCRD San Diego during a quake in '67. The Gunny said "Get out NOW" so we did. You know how it goes when the Gunny says to do something.

Barrio_rat
09-05-02, 11:11 AM
But the buildings that fall on ya during a quake do concern me a bit. LOL

First quake I ever experienced was a 6.2. Middle of the night. I was told about it the next morning and I didn't believe 'em. Seems I slept right through it. That and the few Marines who were freaked out by it running up and down the isle of bunks. Not until I got to the shop did I realize they were telling the truth. Everyone was talking about it.

Had one while on the rifle range that none of us felt. Got back to the barracks and the water was busted. Had a big hole in the road across from us and had busted all the pipe. We lived on fire hydrant water for about a week. That's a cold shower there!

Another time, I was the duty driver. SSgt and I were sittin watchin some TV when one hit. The wall (cement wall) moved about two inches away from us as we were leaning against it. We looked at each other and I said, 'ain't we supposed to go outside?' He says, 'well, yeah.. but it's over now.' So we went back to watching TV.

That's pretty much all I've got or all I can remember. Missed that last big San Francisco quake that brought down those freeway bridges by 2 days. I have not been to San Francisco since.

radmaw
09-05-02, 04:00 PM
The first earthquake I experienced in Calif was in 1953, thought it was a bunch of drunks coming in from liberty and rattling the lockers. The worst quake was the one in L.A. in, I think 70 or 71. Now I'm glad I live in Santa Fe NM where we have no quakes, no tornadoes and no hurricanes. SparrowHawk: That's what happens in an earthquake, you disappear off the face of computerland.

Sparrowhawk
05-08-03, 06:56 AM
http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper203/5-8b1mickeydssign.jpg

A twisted McDonald's golden arches sign is an example of the wicked weather's wrath, Wednesday in Lexington, Tenn. More News (AP Photo/The Jackson Sun, Cara Eastwood)