PDA

View Full Version : What'd you end up doing after the Corps?

ReaperGuns
01-30-15, 03:03 PM
Since we all know that the diversity of the Corps is, well, interesting, I'm curious to know where everyone went and what they ended up doing after they exited the front gates.

Phantom Blooper
01-30-15, 04:51 PM
They locked me up in a Federal Mental Institution..........

Old Marine
01-30-15, 05:06 PM
Keep talking with this guy and he will never fill out profile.

Phantom Blooper
01-30-15, 05:11 PM
Gunny Wiilie......I'm reading a complete profile.....since yesterday...

USMC 2571
01-30-15, 05:12 PM
Willie, that profile is filled out, it's just that it's set to "friends only" who can see it. That's the case with quite a few profiles here. Was news to me, we have no way of knowing about that kind of thing.

USMC 2571
01-30-15, 05:13 PM
Example, what Chuck just said a second before I posted. He and Reaper are friends, so at that moment Chuck had access to his complete profile, whereas others don't.

FoxtrotOscar
01-30-15, 05:24 PM

As per a couple of others here, the "PROFILE" is filled out as required...

Ed Palmer
01-30-15, 05:27 PM
They locked me up in a Federal Mental Institution..........

Are you trying to tell us that your cured?

Old Marine
01-30-15, 05:50 PM
I surrender.

gkmoz
01-30-15, 09:04 PM
Railroad ...Conductor / Brakeman

Old Marine
01-30-15, 09:19 PM
On my retirement day I went directly from the retirement parade to the Bowling Center at MCRD San Diego, changed clothes and went to work as Lead Mechanic (Pinsetter Mechanic). Did that for 13 years then became a maintenance man for a large property management company (biggest mistake of my humble lifetime) Stuck with than until I got to retirement age and took retirement at age 62 (one of the best things that happened to me.) Have been living a great life since then.

Big Boz
01-30-15, 10:03 PM
I was a radio repair man in the Corps. Went into paging network tech for double the money when I got out. When cell phones really started booming, I became a wireless network technician. Been doing that for the last 16 years. Only 20 years to go before I retire.

m14ed
01-31-15, 02:17 AM
IF you can't read his profile because you arent on his friends list, he can go and screw himself...HIM and the other half dozen boots/ new users/ carvywannabees you can name on this channel....this place is PHUCKEDUP,whogivesa$#hit anymore,,,

Marine1011
01-31-15, 06:55 AM
People have told Ed time and time and time again to not drink and post!
LOL

advanced
01-31-15, 07:08 AM
I always thought that Ed's drinking made his posts more acceptable.

When I got out I got scarfed up as a cop. They put me in the projects and then they put me on a team that went into places so that a few friends and I could "neutralize" the situation. I was able to utilize my Marine Corps skills which I actually refined over time.

What I liked about being a cop is that I could have a drink and get laid EVERY night. The God's were rewarding me with wine, women, and adrenalin rushes to the max. Life is good.

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/f55dc3b4/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

SGT7477
01-31-15, 11:18 AM
I agree Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Marinebear74
01-31-15, 09:54 PM
I went into law enforement and retired in 2009 after 29 years with the US Border Patrol.
Aarugha! Semperfi!

Don

ReaperGuns
02-01-15, 01:15 PM
IF you can't read his profile because you arent on his friends list, he can go and screw himself...HIM and the other half dozen boots/ new users/ carvywannabees you can name on this channel....this place is PHUCKEDUP,whogivesa$#hit anymore,,,

Long time since I've been called a boot. I may be junior to you, but I am far from a boot.

I keep my profile as friends only for OPSEC. I am not a fan of putting my life's story and information on the internet for anyone to access. The enemy uses the internet as a weapon these days and I'll be damned if I'm going to give away my families position and resources to the muj. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative. These bastards are everywhere and nowhere. A neighbor could be an ISIS sympathizer for all I know. If your response is going to be 'good, I hope they bring it on', don't, because I feel the same way but everyone knows that the element of surprise is the ultimate advantage.

Yut. Train. Kill.

josephd
02-01-15, 03:54 PM
Long time since I've been called a boot. I may be junior to you, but I am far from a boot.

I keep my profile as friends only for OPSEC. I am not a fan of putting my life's story and information on the internet for anyone to access. The enemy uses the internet as a weapon these days and I'll be damned if I'm going to give away my families position and resources to the muj. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative. These bastards are everywhere and nowhere. A neighbor could be an ISIS sympathizer for all I know. If your response is going to be 'good, I hope they bring it on', don't, because I feel the same way but everyone knows that the element of surprise is the ultimate advantage.

Yut. Train. Kill.

Best response I've read

Baker1971
02-02-15, 08:02 AM
I blow sh*t up still :)

ErikHeiker
03-04-15, 12:37 AM
I got out after six years. Would have joined the Marine Reserve, but there was no such thing in Alaska at the time. Joined the Air National Guard instead and stayed for almost 26 years. Spent the last 17 years as a C-130 loadmaster and got to travel all over the world. One mission was to Iwo Jima, where I got to go to the top of Mt Suribachi. As for combat missions, went to Bosnia a bunch of times flying out of Ramstein as part of Delta Squadron. Also flew on 77 combat missions in Afghanistan while based out of Bagram. No regrets, I had a great career

Riven37
03-05-15, 10:10 AM
Jack of all trades.