PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Scott dies at age of 49

jetdauwgg
01-04-15, 01:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49

Stuart Scott, a longtime anchor at ESPN, died Sunday morning at the age of 49.

Among the features of the new ESPN studio in Bristol is a wall of catchphrases made famous by on-air talent over the years. An amazing nine of them belong to one man -- from his signature "Boo-Yah!" to "As cool as the other side of the pillow" to "He must be the bus driver cuz he was takin' him to school."

More from ESPN.com
Stuart Scott is being remembered on Twitter by superstar athletes, ESPN colleagues both past and present and members of the entertainment world. Story

That man is Stuart Scott, and his contributions to the sports lexicon are writ large. But they are only one aspect of his legacy. When he passed away, he left behind so much more. He inspired his colleagues with his sheer talent, his work ethic and his devotion to his daughters, Taelor, 19, and Sydni, 15. He defied convention and criticism to help bring this network into a new century. He spoke to the very athletes he was talking about with a flair and a style that ESPN president John Skipper says, "changed everything."

"He didn't just push the envelope," says sports radio host and former ESPN anchor Dan Patrick. "He bulldozed the envelope."

doc h fmf
01-04-15, 03:18 PM
He was a great person gonna miss him rest in peace

PJones64
01-04-15, 03:30 PM
R.i.p.

josephd
01-04-15, 04:07 PM
damn.....I grew up watching him on ESPN, one of the reasons I could sit and watch Sportscenter over and over again late at night when nothing else is on