PDA

View Full Version : Question about delaying MOS Training?

MrsPDX
12-31-14, 04:52 PM
Hi! My husband is in the reserves, and will graduate Jan 16th. Then after his 10 day leave he will go to MCT and then to MCES. However, I am also 5 months pregnant (found out after he left) due May 6th. I was looking at course schedules for 2015, and I was wondering given the likelihood that he will as of now be missing the birth, if he could request to delay MOS training by 4-6 months? Is that even a possibility?

Also, if he doesn't get delayed, and doesn't delay at all, he could end up arriving home on my due date. However, I heard more often than not there is some delay between MCT and finishing MOS training. Would you say that's accurate?

Thanks!

Schindig28
12-31-14, 05:27 PM
im not 100% sure but I think that he can get his MOS School date delayed if the birth will be during the school. it also depends on how long the school is. I know that if you are active duty then you cant delay your MOS school but if he is reserves then he might be able to. the best thing that you can do is go and talk with his recruiter because he or she will know the exact answer. but do it sooner than later because you never know how long something like this could take to process. Best of luck and congratulations. semper fi