PDA

View Full Version : Headed to SOI

daberg0352
12-28-14, 09:15 PM
Good Evening everyone,

So while I was deployed this year I got orders to go to SOI (Not exactly wanted), and I was curious about some things. Before I got these orders I was in the process of putting together a MECEP package, would this still be submitable while at SOI? If so, will it be frowned upon?
I'm also taking online schooling for Political Science, I know the time requirement for the most part will be difficult, but I feel confident I can manage it. Any feedback on this?

Thanks for all the help fellas.

josephd
12-29-14, 08:17 PM
Don't quote me on this but I believe MECEP and ECP packages have to come from/be endorsed by your parent command(Not SOI command).

Not sure how long you've been a Sgt but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that having that B-Billet on your fit-rep when you submit for MECEP will look awesome(I'm assuming you're going there as an instructor, not sqd. leaders course or something like that)

I know this probably wasn't much help but best of luck!

daberg0352
12-30-14, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I'll be headed to MCIC this month. As far as I know I don't maintain a parent command, as this isn't a TAD. SOI will then become my parent command.(?) I really have no idea however. It's been a little complicated on my end.

Thanks for the response!

josephd
12-30-14, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I'll be headed to MCIC this month. As far as I know I don't maintain a parent command, as this isn't a TAD. SOI will then become my parent command.(?) I really have no idea however. It's been a little complicated on my end.

Thanks for the response!

yeah me neither, I am pretty familiar with MECEP, ECP, PLC, OCS, and all that kind of stuff but not sure how it works when you're in limbo like that...??..

no worries