PDA

View Full Version : Limited Duty EASing soon

Islandraised
12-21-14, 10:56 PM
I'm a Sergeant and I EAS next year in July ending my 6 year infantry contract. My question is I'm on limited duty due to a hairline fracture on my back and was wondering that when this limited duty status is over and if they put me on my second limited duty cycle that would end in August, would my EAS change to August? Would I be given the option to not get on the second cycle and stay on light duty and ride out my contract till my original EAS?

Marine1955
12-22-14, 12:34 PM
I'm a Sergeant and I EAS next year in July ending my 6 year infantry contract. My question is I'm on limited duty due to a hairline fracture on my back and was wondering that when this limited duty status is over and if they put me on my second limited duty cycle that would end in August, would my EAS change to August? Would I be given the option to not get on the second cycle and stay on light duty and ride out my contract till my original EAS?

Once you get OUT it's twice as hard to get back in!!
I live close to recruiters and they all say if your thinking of getting out to see the world and try something different,and then come back in.. They all say not going to happen cause there looking for Men & Women who want to stay in regardless.
That's why if your out learn a new job cause your not going to get back in, Unless your MOS is really needed... So I would stay in and since you have 6 under your belt re-up for 6 to 8 years for your own sake. Your be safer in than out for job security..