PDA

View Full Version : Army vet calls out poseur (video)

ameriken
12-06-14, 08:46 AM
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2014/12/02/video-watch-vet-confront-military-ranger-faker-at-mall-stolen-valor/19753987/

irpat54
12-06-14, 09:35 AM
I couldn't watch all of it, it was really getting to me, fist I was mad and getting madder then I was thinking that if this guy wasn't embarrassed he is a real turd.. I can understand the children getting uniform parts and pretending, I did when I was about 7 up to about 10, but with adults? wow how can someone try to get the prestige with out actually doing it,, it really escapes me,, and is... wow.. just wow..

USMC 2571
12-06-14, 11:18 AM
I don't know what it is, but posers don't bother me or even annoy me in any way. It's just ludicrous to act like you're in the military, or were in, when you weren't.

The issue I have is when they somehow BENEFIT from it, financially or otherwise. As I said before on this forum, no one can steal valor, neither yours nor anyone elses.

They're pathetic little bstrds and are not even worth talking to, unless they're getting something out of it.

irpat54
12-06-14, 01:26 PM
it's like their little kids, they want to play Army or play Marine and they've never grown up,,

USMC 2571
12-06-14, 01:42 PM
Pat, I think it's worse than that--I think there has to be something mentally wrong with them in the first place, it's not just dressing up like a Marine or other serviceman, it's a sickness. Not that I feel sorry for them. They can get help if they want to. It's that they make fools out of themselves, not us, and despite the Stolen Valor Act, they have no way to steal valor from anyone. We discussed this four years ago here on some other thread. To each his own opinion, and I understand why some get very upset at some idiot like the one in this video. I look at him and say, what an azzhat. But if I see him taking donations for the troops or getting paid for some appearance where he's going to talk about his fictitious service, that's where I draw the line. None of these SOBs should benefit in any way, from the nonsense they pull.

Kegler300
12-06-14, 01:52 PM
I heard he has an arrest for impersonating a police officer.

USMC 2571
12-06-14, 02:05 PM
That would fit in nicely with his personality. I think, as I said, its' a mental thing. I don't see how anyone in his or her right mind could or would do something like that. Why? For the glory?

USMC 2571
12-06-14, 02:29 PM
Remember, anyone, that there was a phony USMC colonel or general pulling this stunt, speaking at engagements as guest of honor etc? He made a lot of dough off of posing and did it for several years before he was finally caught.