PDA

View Full Version : Motivating Quotes

Lake0300
01-06-04, 06:07 AM
Sometimes people say some very inspiring things. And maybe it doesnt make sense to the other people around you, but to you.. it just hits a spot. I read this the other day.. it hit that spot.

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and in resting, died... ...Now is the time!"

If anyone has something, a quote from a movie, from a book, whatever, throw it here. Maybe it'll reach someone?

No criticism please. I'm not here to tell people how wonderful of a quote that was. Or argue with someone about something they said. Just post your quote and leave it at that. If you've got something to say PM them please. Thanks. -Lake

dep_baumy
01-06-04, 06:43 AM
Everytime you PT and cant give anymore think of these 2 : Pain is temporary, pride is forever. And blood clots, bones heal, and sweat dries, suck it up, and be a Marine.

Seeley
01-06-04, 07:56 AM
"Self sacrifice for greater gain." - Me

tferg78
01-06-04, 08:26 AM
First the "feminnazis" integrated Air Force basic training, then the Army went coed, while the Navy, in
an attempt to deflect the bad press from Tailhook, surrendered in 1994.
But the Corps stood tall and said "No way. Won't work. And now the Corps can say "I told you so."
-Col David Hackworth, US Army-

dep_baumy
01-06-04, 09:19 AM
Here is a website I posted earlier, I bet there are over 1,000 quotes for not only self motivation, but about the Corps also. Check it out.

http://home.swbell.net/dg12/a/famoussayings.htm

crazybrave
01-06-04, 10:13 AM
~no poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by, making the other poor bastard die for his~

Caesar Augustus
01-06-04, 10:56 AM
The Marines keep their standards up and their leadership is dynamite! It is the same kind of leadership we have seen throughout the Marines' history, and they are not lowering the bar. They are increasing the bar, and they have long lines of people who want to join the Marine Corps
-Col David Hackworth, US Army-

Why the hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men...
why can't the Army be like the Marines?"
--Commander in Chief, AEF, General John Pershing, U.S. Army

The 2cnd ones my favorite

airframesguru
01-06-04, 11:18 AM
"We're surrounded... That simplifies the problem."
CP

Caesar Augustus
01-06-04, 11:39 AM
Haha Chesty is great

PooleeCross
01-06-04, 01:20 PM
``We're not retreating, we're just fighting in reverse.''

Boy, I can think of a million inspiring quotes from the Corps.

Sparrowhawk
01-06-04, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Lake0300
Sometimes people say some very inspiring things. And maybe it doesnt make sense to the other people around you, but to you.. it just hits a spot. I read this the other day.. it hit that spot.

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and in resting, died... ...Now is the time!"

If anyone has something, a quote from a movie, from a book, whatever, throw it here. Maybe it'll reach someone?

No criticism please. I'm not here to tell people how wonderful of a quote that was. Or argue with someone about something they said. Just post your quote and leave it at that. If you've got something to say PM them please. Thanks. -Lake

The words above, I learned during my encyclopedia selling days. My female manager wrote them on the blackboard after I had spend all day trying to sell encyclopedia and was unsuccessful.

The next day I went out and sold my first set. Two months later, I was the district manager for World Book Encyclopedia in Fresno, Ca.

The words below also inspired me when I was very young. I though they were funny, when I read them. LOL

From a book I read, "The Illusionless Man" when I was 17 years old and in high school.

A few years later, when I got married, I said these same words to my wife (now, ex-wife ).

"In our economic bracket and social status, we have a 20% chance of staying together for 3 years."

LOL

Chain Breaker
01-06-04, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by dep_baumy
: Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

I have one like that I been useing for some time it go's: Pain is temporary, weakness is forever.

PooleeCross
01-06-04, 04:46 PM
What Poolee is not inspired by these famous words:

``Pain is weakness leaving the body.'' ?

By the way, this morning we ran past the World Trade Center. Now *that* was motivating. Everytime I got tired running, I'd just take a second and look down into the bathtub, get ****ed off, and catch a second wind.

MillRatUSMC
01-06-04, 04:53 PM
Below are a few things that I live by or believe them worthy.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

"I am tired and sick of war,
It's glory is all moonshine,
It is only those who have never fired a shot,
Nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded,
Who will cry aloud for blood,
More vengeance,
More desolation,
War is HELL."
General William Tecumseh Sherman US Army

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom,
can never be restored.
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
~ John Adams ~

"Freedom
Those who take freedom for granted,
Would be dependent,
On those brave souls,
Who are willing to pay the price for it.
And the price of freedom,
Will be paid at times unexpected,
By heroes,
Who didn't know they were."

" Duty is the most sublime word in the English language.
You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
~ Robert E. Lee writing to his son ~

"Excellence doesn't just happen.
It must be forged, tested and used.
It must be passed down.
And woven into the very fabric of our souls.
Until it becomes our nature."
~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

"We all have choices to make in this life.
We all have responsibility to recognize our options.
And to choose the path which best suits.
What we believe we can and could accomplish,"
~ Charles "Chuck" D. McAtee ~

"To control the past,
Is to give meaning to the present,
And direction to the future."

"tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
(Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly
against them)

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
~ John Quincy Adams ~

The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve
in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were Treated and Appreciated by their Nation.
(George Washington)

"No better friend, no worse enemy — it's your choice,"
~ Maj. Gen. James Mattis ~
Commander of the 1st Marine Division

“The only requirement for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing”
~ Edmund Burke ~

"Judgment is the essence of leadership"
~ Col Hackworth ~

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni

"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

"Death Before Dishonor"

For ye shall know the truth,
and the truth shall set you free.

"A man is measured by the imprint he leaves behind".

Many Vietnam Vets, frustrated,hot, dirty with
an ageless dirt, tired beyond physical endurance,
weary to the bone, scared, skeptical of
authority that had lied to them too many times before,
boys who had done more than they could in good
conscience do, seen more than they could bare
to see, lost more than they could afford to lose, when
conditions seemed impossibly unbearable, uttered these
painful words that became a common saying...
"It Don't Mean Nuthin',"

In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! the shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into their souls
Maj. Gen. Joshua Lawrance Chamberlain
Gettysburg Oct 3, 1889

http://www.liberty.edu/Media/images/[4040]Bruce_Pic_background_1.jpg
Proud father of Caleb Green USMC
Assigned to Charlie Company,
2nd Light Armored Recon Battalion,
2nd Marine Expiditionary Brigade

Exceprts from this post;

I would have you day by day fix your eyes upon the greatness of [America], until you become filled with the love of her; and when you are impressed by the spectacle of her glory, reflect that this empire has been acquired by men who knew their duty and had the courage to do it, who in the hour of conflict had the fear of dishonor always present to them, and who, if ever they failed in an enterprise, would not allow their virtues to be lost to their country, but freely gave their lives to her as the fairest offering which they could present at her feast."
(Pericles' Funeral Oration, describing the young warriors of Athens, recorded by Thucydides, History, Book 2, Chapter 6)

Every aspect of a mother's being is outraged at the thought of her son in harm's way and her heart cries out, "No, not my son!" That's why a mother must conquer her instincts, muster courage from somewhere, and send her son to war. She cannot just watch him go. So, my wife donated our son to his country, and I, true to form, watched him go.

But for us, that decision was made not when the Marines ordered our son to Iraq. It was made when we concurred in his decision to serve his country in the Corps. As he says, "I did not choose the Marines, they chose me." They were looking for a few good men. Our son did not join the United States Marine Corps, however, to acquire money for an education, or extra funds to purchase the car of his dreams. He joined to serve his country. We all knew what that meant.

As long as I live, when I want to remember what is representative of the best in America, I will summon to mind the images I saw in the field that day. An indomitable and magnificent force marshaled from the youth of America, garlanded in martial splendor, transported half way across the world, shedding its own blood and that of the enemy, and then coming home.

How on earth do the Marines do it? They often start with the raw, cynical, MTV-educated youth of America and, regardless of what remains of those young people individually, collectively they are transformed into what the human spirit longs to be -- virtuous. Pericles was right when he spoke of young warriors:
"For even those who come short in other ways may justly plead the valor with which they have fought for their country; they have blotted out the evil with the good, and have benefited the state more by their public services than they have injured her by their private actions." There was something significant to be learned on that homecoming beach and in that dew-damp field when warriors returned home,
"But most of America slept through it".

"It's motivating that a unit of such small size, could do such a good job that a general in such an important position would notice and give thanks," said Sgt. Kristopher Bauer, 4th LAR Bn. vehicle commander, from Redding, Calif. "It gives great credit to the Marines that our efforts are making a difference."

"We have a tremendous legacy to uphold and everything we do must burnish that reputation," he continued.

"There is no easy way to be a Marine and there never will be.
You are a Marine every day and it is your responsibility to uphold the legacy that Marines in the past have so dearly established.
~ Col Col. John Ripley USMC (retired) ~

"Live your "Core Values" and life will take care of itself"
"You can leave a Mark or a Stain to mark your presence here on earth, it's up to you, which you will leave behind".
~ Ricardo ~

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

BGMFH
01-06-04, 06:13 PM
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

That one always gets me going in the morning.

USMC2B
01-06-04, 11:43 PM
"We few we happy few we band of brother,
For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
-Shakespeare

"If the Army or the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

"Semper Fi"

Those are a few of my favorites...

dep_baumy
01-07-04, 09:17 AM
Just some advice, dont say Semper Fidelis until your a Marine.

Caesar Augustus
01-07-04, 09:59 AM
Good advice Baumy gave you there. None of us have earned the right to say it. Although In 4 days I'll start my journey to becoming a Marine:D

dep_baumy
01-07-04, 10:14 AM
Ya you dont have to rub it in peckernuts ;) Ive still got a few months left until I get to go.

PooleeCross
01-07-04, 11:19 AM
Just some advice, dont say Semper Fidelis until your a Marine.

Just to clarify, he wasn't saying it, he was quoting it, which is a bit different. I don't know if the Marines feel any different about.

MillRatUSMC
01-07-04, 03:09 PM
So more Motivating Quotes;

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
~ 1stLt Clifton B. Cates, USMC ~
96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918
My note;
Up to WWI Marine Corps companies were designated by number.
After serving with the Army during WWI, they changed to Phonetic Letters such a Able, Baker, Charlie and so on
After Korea Baker became Bravo.

"The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps."
~ General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC ~
To the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"
~ Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant ~
In Vietnam

"When the new recruit is standing in front of his D.I., he knows what he had to do, what his D.I. wants him to do, his Mama, his Daddy, his leader says to do. But what our whole recruit training program is heading towards is that Marine doing what he has been trained for when his leader, or any other "senior" is not there looking over him. Those moments when he is alone in combat, and he has to rely on one person, himself!"
~ Chesty Puller's Rules of Success ~

You earned the title "Marine" upon graduation from recruit training. It wasn't willed to you; it isn't a gift. It is not a government subsidy. Few can claim the title; no one may take it away. It is yours forever
~ Tom Bartlett ~
Leatherneck Magazine

"The Marines fought almost solely on esprit decorps, I was certain. It was inconceivable to most Marines that they should let another Marine down, or that they could be responsible for dimming the bright reputation of their Corps. The Marines simply assumed that they were the world's best fighting men."
~ Robert Sherrod ~
1943, regarding the battle at Tarawa

"It's a funny thing, but, as years go by, I think you appreciate more and more what a great thing it was to be a United States Marine... I am a U.S. Marine and I'll be one till I die."
~ Ted Williams ~
Baseball Hall of Famer

The man who will go where his colors will go, without asking, who will fight a phantom foe in a jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to Democratic America. He is the stuff of which legends are made. His pride is his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face, and his obedience is to his orders. As a legionary, he held the gates of civilization for the classical world...he has been called United States Marine.
~ Lieutenant Colonel T.R. Fehrenbach, US Army ~
In "This Kind of War"

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~
First Lady of the United States, 1945

"Today, the world looks to America for leadership. And America looks to its Corps of Marines."
~ Commander-in-Chief President Ronald Reagan ~

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

PooleeCross
01-07-04, 03:40 PM
Ya you dont have to rub it in peckernuts ;) Ive still got a few months left until I get to go.

Twenty days and I'm sweating bullets. Not because I'm worried about going to Parris Island, but because I have so much stuff I need to do before I leave, like sublet my apartment, get someone ready and prepared to file my income tax returns and write checks for my bills, etc, etc, etc.

The little mountain of stuff I need to get done is extremely UNmotivating. So I guess that means I just need to get off my duff and do it. (Aside: A buddy just IM'ed me about a woman he knows who might be interested in subletting. Whoo, serendipity!)

FLORESJ
01-07-04, 11:29 PM
One of my favorites
Col. Nathan R. Jessup: You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some ****ing courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely.

USMC2B
01-09-04, 12:18 AM
Thank you PooleeCross this thread asked for quotes and i gave my favorites, but I do understand where dep_baumy is coming from.

-Cheatah

Lake0300
01-10-04, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Lake0300

....... -Lake

R_Konieczko
01-10-04, 08:11 PM
"I was born in a bomb crater. My mother was an M16 Rifle, and my father the Devil. I am a green amphibius killing machine who arose from the sea, made of blood and guts. Every moment I live is an additional threat to your life."
~Part of a LONGER writing similar to this posted in my RSS. I'll copy it next time I se eit and post the whole thing. It's motivating as hell!

If you were to die right now, how would you feel about your life?
~Tyler Durden, Fight Club

tacoman
01-10-04, 10:12 PM
"what wont kill you will only make you stronger"

leroy8541
01-11-04, 07:56 AM
The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war. Was the favorite phrase Gunny Koon used to say during the hard times while I was in the Infantry.

alanUSMCDEP03
01-21-04, 11:45 AM
Peace through Superior Fire Power

The Marine Corps is America's weapon of Mass Destruction

USMC-Travel Agents to Allah

Sleep Easy Tonight-Marines Are on Duty

firedog
01-21-04, 01:55 PM
PROPER PLANING PREVENTS P~SS POOR PERFORMANCE

Not a motivator but a good phrase.

Stand by to stand by for a possible maybe

S/F:chinese:

Chain Breaker
01-21-04, 02:18 PM
"Reaching the pinnacle of combative competency does no occur through some mystical transformation . It's acquired through persistence and lot's of hard work."
~War Machine Philosophy. (http://www.sammyfranco.com/)

That one says it all.

Seeley
01-22-04, 10:17 PM
We'd promise you mental torment, sleep deprivation & muscles so sore you’ll puke but we don’t like to sugar coat things.

I LOVE IT! It was the first thing we saw, written on the overhead in the MCJROTC portable our first day. Along with, "Sit down, shutup and be prepaired to learn."

Lake0300
01-28-04, 09:21 AM
"My only regret is that I have but one life to give for my country."
- Nathan Hale

"We're Marines, we took Iwo Jima, Baghdad ain't sh1t!"
- General Kelly USMC

"They dont understand. I'm no longer human. I'm a fu(kin devil dog."
- PFC Pitts USMC

Pennington
01-28-04, 02:32 PM
"When the brain fails to comprehend, the body suffers"

devildog4ever
01-28-04, 03:30 PM
one of my personal favorites is: Courage is not the absence of fear it is the ability to overcome it.

USMCJohnson
05-01-07, 05:19 PM
bump

Master Sephiroth
05-01-07, 05:43 PM
Yours is Mark Twain, right?

"Marines die thats what we're here for, but the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means YOU live forever!"

-R. Lee Ermey-

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory"

-George S. Patton-

bgsuwoody
05-01-07, 07:27 PM
Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly;
I do not fight like a man beating the air,
No, I beat my body and make it my slave
so that after I have preached to others,
I myself will not be disqualified for the prize
1 Corinthians 9:26-27

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting for and lets better and braver men than himself protect him."
---John Stuart Mill

"If anybody is wondering: Where are the young idealists? Where are the people willing to devote themselves to causes larger than themselves? They are in uniform in Iraq, straddling the divide between insanity and order."
--David Brooks

Just a few of my favorites...I will save some for later

SmokeyBandit
05-01-07, 07:56 PM
"The galleries are full of critics. They play no ball, they fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down in the arena are the doers. They make mistakes because they try many things. The man who makes no mistakes lacks boldness and the spirit of adventure. He is the one who never tries anything. His is the brake on the wheel of progress. And yet it cannot be truly said he makes no mistakes, because his biggest mistake is the very fact that he tries nothing, does nothing, except criticize those who do things."
-Gen. Shoup U.S.M.C.

Leadership is not making people do something, it's making people want to do something- James Henry Webb

We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produrces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not dissappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts-Pauls Letter to the Romans

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
-Ned Dolan

We signed up knowing the risk. Those innocent people in New York didn't go to work thinking there was any kind of risk.
-Pvt. Mike Armendariz-Clark, USMC; Afghanastan

"One of the most important things in life--along with a man's family--is to make a contribution to his country."
-John McCain

“One man with courage makes a majority.”
- Andrew Jackson

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
-RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

Shout like hell and fight like Devils.
-William Campbell

yellowwing
05-01-07, 08:48 PM
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
-Ned Dolan

:thumbup:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-01-07, 08:56 PM
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- Attributed to General George Patton Jr

“It is absurd to believe that soldiers who cannot be made to wear the proper uniform can be induced to move forward in battle. Officers who fail to perform their duty by correcting small violations and in enforcing proper conduct are incapable of leading.”
- General George S. Patton Jr., April 1943

“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valour of other men. Have you ever seen a few policemen handle a crowd?”
- General George S. Patton Jr, May 1941,

"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula"
- General George Patton Jr

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.

I love Patton. He should of been a Marine like his cousin Chesty. Below is my favorite Patton quote.

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this *******ed mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple ****ing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the *******ed Marines get all of the credit."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
(addressing to his troops before Operation Overlord, June 5, 1944)

yellowwing
05-01-07, 09:05 PM
"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this *******ed mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple ****ing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the *******ed Marines get all of the credit."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Sorry George, we are better than you even thought! :iwo:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-01-07, 09:50 PM
I was just looking through this thread and think it is worth noting that some of the Marines you see posting in the thread were poolees when they made their posts. Cpl. Seeley was a poolee when he...

Integrity57
05-01-07, 11:26 PM
This is gonna be a long one, but I think it speaks well of the last 6 years. I dedicate it to Rosie and anyone else like her.

"Talk of the causes you support
Voice your misdirected views
You only comment on the things you don't have the power to change
Do you even think before you speak
Do you know what it is you condone?
Take a look at the world today
You've taken your freedom and safety for granted

How do you justify (you have no right)
The way you disgrace those who gave their lives
And how do you justify (you have no right)
The way you disrespect those whose loved ones died.

Everyday is a different crusade
You revolt from the safety of your fantasies
Privileged, you've never fought for a thing
You'd be the first to go if there was real anarchy
All your jargon makes me sick
You're the farthest thing from an activist
You've lost sight of what's important and real
You've taken your freedom and safety for granted

(How do you justify...)

This is dedicated to all those who gave their lives to uphold their beliefs
Not to those who try to demean their sacrifices
You have no right.

For those who fought our rights and for those who gave their lives.
And for the families whose love ones died.
It's their honor for which we still fight."

We Still Fight-Hatebreed

hawks
05-01-07, 11:38 PM
<table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="601"><tbody><tr><td align="center">The Road Not Taken</td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> <!-- END CHAPTERTITLE --> </tbody></table> <table align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="601"> <tbody><tr><td><table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <!-- BEGIN CHAPTER --> <tbody><tr><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>And sorry I could not travel both</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>And be one traveler, long I stood</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>And looked down one as far as I could</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>To where it bent in the undergrowth;</td><td align="right" valign="top"></td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>Then took the other, as just as fair,</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>And having perhaps the better claim,</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Because it was grassy and wanted wear;</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Though as for that the passing there</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Had worn them really about the same,</td><td align="right" valign="top"></td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>And both that morning equally lay</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>In leaves no step had trodden black.</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Oh, I kept the first for another day!</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Yet knowing how way leads on to way,</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>I doubted if I should ever come back.</td><td align="right" valign="top"></td></tr> <tr><td> </td></tr> <tr><td>I shall be telling this with a sigh</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Somewhere ages and ages hence:</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>I took the one less traveled by,</td><td></td></tr> <tr><td>And that has made all the difference.</td><td align="right" valign="top"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

USMCJohnson
05-02-07, 10:48 AM
"No one said that it would be easy, they just promised that it would be worth it"