PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest idea I've ever heard of. Sadaam's hole being moved to Texas.

greybeard
01-05-04, 07:32 PM
This may be one of those phony urban legend things. If not, it's the most boneheaded scheme I've seen yet. You'd think they would have a few more things with higher priorities than this.
No-I haven't found a verifiable link to it yet. I supposedly came from something called the Free Republic.

From NICK PARKER Chief Foreign Correspondent, in Tikrit THE hole where Saddam Hussein was found is to be taken to America — as a monument to his capture.

US military engineers plan to excavate a huge block of Iraqi soil containing the underground chamber.

It might even be turned into a tourist attraction — with money raised going to relatives of soldiers killed in Iraq.

Commanders want Saddam’s last hiding place to be displayed at the giant Fort Hood military base in Texas.

It is home to the 4th Infantry Division, which seized Saddam on December 13.

US Army spokesman Major Gordon Tate said yesterday in the toppled tyrant’s home city Tikrit: “Our engineers are looking at ways of moving the hole back to the States.”

It would involve securing and moving hundreds of tons of clay in an enormous block.

Engineers say the feat is possible — and worth the effort to bring home the most spectacular trophy of Gulf War II.

More than 600 troops took part in the operation that snared Saddam on December 13 after an eight-month hunt.

They swooped on the 6ft by 3ft underground “spider hole” five paces from a hut on a farm in Ad Dawr. The village is ten miles south of Tikrit.

US forces have arrested Iraqi intelligence officer Gen Mumtaz al-Taji, who was suspected of directing terror attacks on Americans north of Baghdad.

TracGunny
01-05-04, 07:41 PM
Is this for real? The most studid thing I saw hauled back from the Gulf War was an Iraqi field kitchen on wheels for a Colonel. Wonder if it is in his backyard...

firstsgtmike
01-05-04, 08:05 PM
How do you move a hole?

TracGunny
01-05-04, 08:13 PM
...very carefully?... so that you do not knock dirt into it and fill it up while you are moving it?...

greensideout
01-05-04, 08:15 PM
LOL@firstsgtmike

I guess you just suck all the air out of it and relocate it into another location by blowing it back out?---lol

greybeard
01-05-04, 08:17 PM
It's not like Ft Hood is smack in the middle of a widely travelled tourist route either.

Be a lot easier to just recreate the dang thing from photos. How hard can it be to dig a cottonpickin septic tank anyway? Wait till Letterman and Leno get wind of this.

greensideout
01-05-04, 08:27 PM
The important thing is that when they are done the hole will be whole when the hole work is done.

greybeard
01-05-04, 08:33 PM
Gotta be a joke to be in this rag:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003590951,00.html

greensideout
01-05-04, 08:35 PM
greensideout has attached this image of a hole:

Of course you can't see it---it's a hole!---LOL

firstsgtmike
01-05-04, 08:36 PM
"I'm so dumb, and you think you're so smart, I'll bet you I can ask myself a question and answer it, then you'll ask yourself a question and you CAN'T answer it."

So the bet is made.

"Ok, I ask myself a question, I say self, how does a rabbit dig a hole without getting any dirt.? And I answers myself, I say self, a rabbit digs a hole without getting any dirt because he starts at the bottom of the hole and digs his way up."

"Yes, but how does the rabbit get to the bottom of the hole in the first place?"

OK smart guy, that's YOUR question, YOU answer it!"

greensideout
01-05-04, 08:48 PM
I'm not a smart guy but---

I say to myself, the rabbit started at the bottom of the hole because you said to self that he did, otherwise how could he?

TracGunny
01-05-04, 08:51 PM
...can't they just pick up the hole and put it in their pocket?...it worked for Ringo in "The Yellow Submarine"...and I'm always finding holes in my pockets...

TracGunny
01-05-04, 09:00 PM
"Yes, but how does the rabbit get to the bottom of the hole in the first place?"

The rabbit backs in?

greensideout
01-05-04, 09:01 PM
TracGunny, how can you find a hole in your pocket?
there is nothing to feel in a hole.---LOL

greybeard
01-05-04, 09:03 PM
And then you forget where you put 'em when you clean your pockets out?

I'm bettin there's a Drill Instructor somewhere that can tell you exactly how to dig that hole up and move it. I know one told me I had dug one in the wrong place once!!

Yeah, I've heard of catching falling stars and putting them in your pocket too.

TracGunny
01-05-04, 09:04 PM

...it has something to do with the String Theory, or Quantum Physics, I forget which...

greybeard
01-05-04, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by greensideout

GSO- you're doin supthin wrong!!!!:banana:

TracGunny
01-05-04, 09:09 PM
there is nothing to feel in a hole ...went out with this girl in high school once...:o

greensideout
01-05-04, 09:14 PM
Come on!!! I'm talking bou't the space between things! :)

TracGunny
01-05-04, 09:15 PM
...so was I...

greensideout
01-05-04, 09:17 PM
LMAO!

greybeard
01-05-04, 09:23 PM
I posted some jokes on a forum the other night, and one of the female members replied-"Don-you're too much!"

I made one reply "I've waited a lifetime for a woman to tell me that. Now I can die happy. :) "

TracGunny
01-05-04, 09:42 PM
greybeard: sad to say, but you are a step ahead of me, I'm still waiting for those words...LOL

GSO: the conversation was bound to take the turn it did, how long can a discussion about 'holes' go before it rolls into the gutter?...;)

Devildogg4ever
01-06-04, 03:12 AM
Hee, hee, Love that pic, greensideout!!! Very rare!!

Sparrowhawk
01-06-04, 07:17 AM
Leave it in Iraq and charge tourist to pee into it!

greensideout
01-07-04, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike
"I'm so dumb, and you think you're so smart, I'll bet you I can ask myself a question and answer it, then you'll ask yourself a question and you CAN'T answer it."

So the bet is made.

"Ok, I ask myself a question, I say self, how does a rabbit dig a hole without getting any dirt.? And I answers myself, I say self, a rabbit digs a hole without getting any dirt because he starts at the bottom of the hole and digs his way up."

OK smart guy, that's YOUR question, YOU answer it!"

How about another try---guess I'm a little slow on the up take.:dazed:

The rabbit could have fallen into or crawed into the hole to reach the bottom. Either way, it digs the hole without getting any dirt because it's a HOLE. :banana:

firstsgtmike
01-09-04, 09:37 AM

That answer is simple. You feel along until there is nothing left to feel. Then you know you have found the hole.

A hole is the absence of ......... .

greybeard
01-10-04, 09:43 PM
there is nothing to feel in a hole
But it's not from lack of trying is it?

P. M. SHEEHAN
01-11-04, 10:39 AM
I have a great idea. Move it to the Clinton Library as part of his legacy. He's really the one who got us into the "big hole" in the first place. Maybe they could hand out cigars to the tourists who come to see it.

TracGunny
01-11-04, 11:51 AM
Maybe they could hand out cigars to the tourists who come to see it. ...they could store the cigars in the hole and advertise them as 'Slick Willy Havanas; fresh from a hole...':eek:

(Apologies to all; I couldn't resist...)

david43844
01-11-04, 12:59 PM
somebody's Brain Housing Group needs oiled