PDA

View Full Version : This Site--Avatars and Profile Photos

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 09:23 AM
Just letting you know this so you won't think someone is going around removing avatars and profile pics---every couple of days, sometimes every day, this site accidentally and automatically deletes avatars and profile photos---no one is doing this on purpose, it's just happening on its own.

Some Squad Leaders are changing a thread or two to a "sticky", and the next day it is gone and back to just being a regular thread. Again, there is no one doing this, it's just a site glitch.

Not happening every day, but often enough. I post all this just to let you know what's going on regarding your deleted avatars and profile pictures.

irpat54
11-10-14, 09:28 AM
so any idea as to who is running the show around here? I never see an administrator on the sites or anything anymore..

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 09:32 AM
Pat, I heard the site changed hands, but the Squad Leaders are still out and about, although they cannot do status changes, as when a poolee becomes a Marine, and wants his or her status changed, Squad Leaders can't do it----and regarding profile pics and avatars, I don't think it affects everyone across the board, because it's random.

advanced
11-10-14, 09:32 AM
No one is running the show, I thought you knew that we are on a ghost ship. We got on but we can't get off.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b87d0b65/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 09:36 AM
Russ, I think you're right.

irpat54
11-10-14, 09:37 AM
it sure would be nice to have some one that would answer questions and get back with people though, to me, it's not very Marine to just ignore people when they send inquiries..

Lisa 23
11-10-14, 09:41 AM
As it was before my hiatus, I still have no idea what's going on.

And I just noticed my avatar & signature is missing.........
I think I will have to fix that.

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 09:45 AM
Hi Lisa---they'll be missing every few days, or maybe once every 2 weeks, but at least it's not someone at the controls messing around. Just a computer problem.

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 09:46 AM
Mongoose should be running this show. He'd know what to do. LOL

Lisa 23
11-10-14, 09:54 AM
Well, I got my avatar, but my signature isn't showing up. Oh well........

HST
11-10-14, 02:31 PM
it sure would be nice to have some one that would answer questions and get back with people though, to me, it's not very Marine to just ignore people when they send inquiries..

What do you mean its not very marine... this situation is just like being back in the real Corps; Nobody knows why we're doing what we're doing or who is ordering it done but we just keep doing it anyway in the hope that some day it will be finished but when it is we'll never know cause no one will tell us. Happy Birthday Marines

USMC 2571
11-10-14, 02:48 PM
Good post, Tony, as always :)

David R 1968
11-10-14, 03:15 PM
Is that what happened to the chuckles of the day and the other thread with the girls in lingerie?

Phantom Blooper
11-11-14, 08:15 AM
How do we get out of this chicken shiat outfit?

USMC 2571
11-11-14, 08:34 AM
We don't---see post 4.

And with regard to post 13, I think any deletion of threads has to be done on purpose, not by computer glitch---apparently to clear up some space on the site.
But it was done indiscriminately, as some classic threads from long ago were deleted, as well as the 2 areas mentioned in post 13.

Marine1955
11-13-14, 10:23 AM
Well let's see ,if your a free member you don't rate an avatar or Signature.
That's the price of not paying your dues.
At least that's what I was told when I let mine laps behind...

ChuckH
11-13-14, 04:41 PM
I paid for a Platinum membership a few months ago and yet I dont see squat on my profile or have any special privileges.

Kegler300
11-13-14, 05:09 PM
I'm a free member and have an avatar ... don't have the signature though, which probably comes with the price of paid membership.

Can I use my Credits to get a paid membership? :D

Marine1955
11-13-14, 05:39 PM
I paid for a Platinum membership a few months ago and yet I don't see squat on my profile or have any special privileges.

Your a Free Member

Marine1955
11-13-14, 05:40 PM
I'm a free member and have an avatar ... don't have the signature though, which probably comes with the price of paid membership.

Can I use my Credits to get a paid membership? :D

No , but you can buy the First Round for all of us..

Kegler300
11-13-14, 05:53 PM
Ellie's husband, retired MSgt Mark Schallow (aka fontman) passed away last week. Many of us remember her as The Drifter's wife when the site was founded. Posting this here since a lot of the old timers are posting here.

USMC 2571
11-13-14, 05:56 PM
The avatars are free---but something happened to a lot (but not all) of the signatures months ago, and the members never could get them back or put them up again, for some unknown reason.

ChuckH
11-13-14, 06:13 PM
Your a Free Member
Would you like me to forward my paypal receipt?
I paid for a platinum membership, please don't tell me what I know.

FoxtrotOscar
11-13-14, 06:31 PM
Ellie's husband, retired MSgt Mark Schallow (aka fontman) passed away last week. Many of us remember her as The Drifter's wife when the site was founded. Posting this here since a lot of the old timers are posting here.

Damn.. Another one, I knew Mark... RIP Marine... Semper FI...

Marine1955
11-13-14, 06:38 PM
Sorry ChuchH it just show your a free member.
Not starting any chit just the fact ,it doesn't show that you paid yet.
Keep your recite and see about contacting PayPal for a refund and open up a case on L.N.

ChuckH
11-13-14, 06:45 PM
No problem.
Now I am on a mission to find the dang receipt ��

josephd
11-13-14, 09:21 PM
This forum is ran very unprofessional and inefficiently, I have PM'd a few Squad Leaders and Admins concerning a number of things and have never heard back and haven't seen the result of what I was requesting......so I am still here and will continue to post and call people out.

ChuckH
11-14-14, 06:57 AM
This forum is ran very unprofessional and inefficiently, I have PM'd a few Squad Leaders and Admins concerning a number of things and have never heard back and haven't seen the result of what I was requesting......so I am still here and will continue to post and call people out.

When I was a Squad Leader I made sure i ALWAYS replied to a PM with some kind of answer.

USMC 2571
11-14-14, 10:36 AM
Joe, just PMd you re two squad leaders that are extremely active and responsive.

MunkyVsRobot
11-14-14, 06:36 PM
Think maybe we need some more, more active squad leaders?

m14ed
11-15-14, 03:25 AM
Ellie's husband, retired MSgt Mark Schallow
(aka fontman) passed away last week.

Many of us remember her as The Drifter's wife
when the site was founded.

Posting this here
since a lot of the old timers are posting here.

Gotta Love Ellie.....

Two Marine Husbands.....
and i think she is High Poster here on
Leatherneck......

^ For them that don't know...
"TheDrifter" /ellies' first husband, Roger was
a Moderator on another Channel before here,
and the move,,,,Ellie took over his user name
after he died.