PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Information for a Marine friend

GSch13
10-15-14, 06:23 PM
First may I start this post off by saying thank you for everyone's service and any information you may have. I have a friend in the Marines currently in the stages of transitioning out of active duty and possibly into the reserves.

The complication at the moment is how he will be traveling back home and whether or not he receives any financial assistance. He is at an E3 level, has no dependents, lives in the barracks, and has only one vehicle.

Currently the options seem to be either driving a U-Haul and towing his car, or flying and shipping his possessions home to IN. The question better stated would be, does anyone know if at his level and with his circumstances, how much, if any, financial assistance may be offered.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time,

Gretta S.

Phantom Blooper
10-15-14, 06:33 PM
http://www.logcom.marines.mil/Capabilities/DITYMoves.aspx

Apache
10-15-14, 07:38 PM
Thanks to Phantom you have a link----

Any assistance could be ---after--- the fact .
Approach as though there is no assistance and cost is the driving factor.
Any assistance will then be a bonus ----

Take the bonus and BANK it !

Most solid advice I can give

GSch13
10-15-14, 09:26 PM
Wow, thank you Phantom and Apache. The link was very helpful and, Apache's interpretation was also needed :) I will post later to give an update but until then you've given me what I had hoped for.

Once again, thanks

Gretta S.

GSch13
10-20-14, 01:06 PM
Hello again, thought it was about time for an update. My friend (D. Kreft) has run into some complications with finalizing paperwork and receiving the green light. Things are trying to be sorted out but his departure has been delayed by at least two or more weeks. This is disappointing to all of us but everyone is taking it in stride and hoping the problem will be dealt with swiftly.

On a better note, the transportation and shipping options have been figured, and he will be able to get a cheap flight and just ship his possessions out to IN. Now the only question left is when.

Thank you for your time,
God bless,

Gretta S.