PDA

View Full Version : Fast food company price list

jetdauwgg
10-03-14, 03:23 PM
Crazy margins here

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/10/this-shows-exactly-how-much-mcdonalds.html

josephd
10-03-14, 03:39 PM
are we supposed to be surprised by this?

jetdauwgg
10-03-14, 03:48 PM
Go organic lol

irpat54
10-03-14, 08:18 PM
those maybe, and I say maybe the cost for the meat and such but that does not include the cost of delivery, the people behind the counter, and over head, so the article is somewhat deceiving..

jetdauwgg
10-04-14, 11:12 AM
They certainly can pay more than minimum wage

joseywales
10-04-14, 03:51 PM
You know best.

irpat54
10-04-14, 04:56 PM
They certainly can pay more than minimum wage

you don't know that, when I had my store, I found that there are a lot more things that go into cost then just the product..

jetdauwgg
10-04-14, 06:35 PM
I know this much...

McDonald's posted a second-quarter profit of $1.39 billion, or $1.40 a share, compared with $1.4 billion, or $1.38 a share, a year earlier. Revenue increased 1% to $7.18 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of $1.44 a share and revenue of $7.29 billion.

irpat54
10-04-14, 08:54 PM
I know this much...

McDonald's posted a second-quarter profit of $1.39 billion, or $1.40 a share, compared with $1.4 billion, or $1.38 a share, a year earlier. Revenue increased 1% to $7.18 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of $1.44 a share and revenue of $7.29 billion.
and the point is? that doesn't concern me, fact is who are you going to point a finger at and say you lost your job because some numb nuts arbitrarily decided that everyone deserve to be pain $15.00 an hour for a job that is only meant to be an entry level job and not a currier.. not to mention that if those wages go up then the people in other industries are going to want similar raises in their skilled labor areas and then prices will go up by at least 5% over what the cost of the pay raises were..

in other words, if wages go up, say, 10% then prices go up by at least 15% that is how it operates,, their are other dynamics involved that you, apparently don't understand, and most of the minimum wage people don't see or understand ether.. the end results is that actual buying power ends up being overall less then they had before.

jetdauwgg
10-04-14, 10:34 PM
You actually believe that crap? The prices don't have to rise for people to get a raise. At this point the CEO won't notice his pay scale not rising as much.

You should understand THAT dynamic.

m14ed
10-05-14, 02:50 AM
I know this much...

McDonald's posted a second-quarter profit of $1.39 billion, /$1.40 a share, compared with
$1.4 billion, /$1.38 a share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 1% to $7.18 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of $1.44 a share and revenue of $7.29 billion.

you're talking Corporation ,,,,,
tell me about the owner operated "CONCESSIONS"

or

tell me Mike,
Just how much does the company you work for pay
un-trained, walk in off the street, can't read the product
name and has to click a picture of a hamburger or milkshake
to ring up the price, and can't make change if you gave them
a pencil and paper. ??

how bout the little guy who owns a gas station ????
he competes for some of the same labor providers....

these jobs are basic dummy quality jobs...

not designed to cover LIVING Wages for Career Choices.

complain where manufacturing and production from
the USA has gone, and the GreatAmerican UnWashed
who buy LOW PRICE reguardless who made it...

Taxes ? thats another subject on how to lure the
production back...

Education ?

irpat54
10-05-14, 07:38 AM
You actually believe that crap? The prices don't have to rise for people to get a raise. At this point the CEO won't notice his pay scale not rising as much.

You should understand THAT dynamic.
I understand the facts of running a business of my own, and I understand that it is a proven fact, why do you think one of the reasons prices go up, as a business owner, I, to am 1) in business for myself and for my family, and

2) I am used to a standard of living, and if that standard is diminished I am going to make up for it someplace else, IE, someone gets ether fired or goes to part time so as to not be forced to pay and unreasonable cost to someone who can't even figure out how to give change back if the cash register goes down..

and 3) check the facts and history on the spiraling cost, if low wage earners get a huge wage increase, then the "precious" union workers are going to want an increase based on that fact, it will be so because of their own image of skilled labor and self worth..

jetdauwgg
10-05-14, 07:41 AM
McD does train the workers. The owners even cut back on things like napkins and ketchup in some areas. It is all about the profits these days. No wonder the middle class is pfft.

the unenjoyment line is not what we are being told either. Too many low paying, part time jobs does not equate to full time, full benefit jobs. Those line items should be separated.

jetdauwgg
10-05-14, 07:46 AM
What if the CEO or the corporation made "only" 5BB instead of 6BB because they gave the employee raises?

there is a difference between wealth creation and job creation. Clear as day here.

Phantom Blooper
10-05-14, 08:08 AM
3/4's of the fast food workers in my experience are not even worth minimum wage....fast food is no longer fast.....and it doesn't make a difference to me what is on the menu.....they just can't get it right.....or do simple third grade math...counting change...a cash register does the hard deciphering.....minimum wage....if you want more get a degree in burger flippin' instead of OJT....

joseywales
10-05-14, 09:37 AM
methinks other countries might be appealing to Dawg

FistFu68
10-05-14, 11:49 AM
You Two Marines need 2 go back behind the Barn & settle this personal BullChit if I threw a Frag in this F**king Bunker everybody's A&$ would hit the Deck @ the Same time ! Stow it Semper Fi

joseywales
10-05-14, 12:35 PM
Yer getting em all wadded up in a bunch, Fist, what I merely meant was that if Dawg was to visit some other countries he might return with a more healthy appreciation of how things are done here in the United States, is all. That don't need to be taken behind no barn.

Phantom Blooper
10-05-14, 03:05 PM
I took Suzie Rottencrotch out behind da' barn when I was younger it sure was fun and a learnin' experience!

FistFu68
10-05-14, 03:05 PM
I don't wear Skivvies Jarhead & when I do they're Starched heavy.I know what You were suggesting what I'm suggesting is You & Jet need 2 get it on behind the barn after that ill take You both 2 Taco Bell I'm buying :beer:

irpat54
10-05-14, 03:11 PM
What if the CEO or the corporation made "only" 5BB instead of 6BB because they gave the employee raises?

there is a difference between wealth creation and job creation. Clear as day here.

show me a McDonalds franchise owner that makes $5B or $6B, again your talking corporate not franchise,, the franchise or local McDonalds is a small business not a giant Corp.

jetdauwgg
10-05-14, 04:21 PM
show me a McDonalds franchise owner that makes $5B or $6B, again your talking corporate not franchise,, the franchise or local McDonalds is a small business not a giant Corp.
The figures I posted shows McD's as a corporation

irpat54
10-05-14, 04:53 PM
The figures I posted shows McD's as a corporation

exactly, the corp. has little to do with the individual franchises, the are privately owned.. and thus the labor market is local and has nothing to do with Corp.

Kegler300
10-05-14, 05:38 PM
You're only going to be paid as much as it costs to replace you. The minimum wage farce only affects 2% of those employed. I would suggest many of these minimum wage employees see a military recruiter, but they aren't looking for fat and lazy.

Phantom Blooper
10-05-14, 06:35 PM
You're only going to be paid as much as it costs to replace you. The minimum wage farce only affects 2% of those employed. I would suggest many of these minimum wage employees see a military recruiter, but they aren't looking for fat and lazy.You want fries with that?