PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB Scores & MOS (Poolee directed)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

phantasm
04-24-08, 06:56 PM
Said they're actually going to have them learn about rifles and such because they can't always rely on the Army or Marine Corps to provide security. It's so weird, they're going to be in boot camp longer than the Navy. I'll have to tell my brother, dad, and mom this (Navy all of them).

Navy Boot Camp for me was 11 or 12 weeks in 1999. I went in August 2, 1999 and graduated middle of October. Never dropped or recycled either. I don't know where you got that number from, but its not right.

KevinR90
04-24-08, 08:17 PM
I got my numbers from a very reliable source:

like I said, my brother is currently in the Navy- Stationed in Naples, Italy (Shore duty as his first assignment, my parents were really envious). He went to boot camp in January and graduated in March. Maybe they made it shorter since you've been in??? I like how you put such a negative connotation on your comment as to assume i'm definatley wrong. Makes me feel better for when I prove you wrong.

I just realized- did you look at your own numbers? Aug 2nd to middle october.... not 11 or 12 weeks. the most yours would be is 9 weeks.

So it's possible I could be wrong and he was in for 9 weeks which would mean I'm wrong about Air Force being longer, but your post looks really bad regardless.

KevinR90
04-24-08, 08:27 PM
actually you are wrong and I am right. I'm sorry to put it in those terms but you were so bent on me being wrong and there's no way for you to be wrong: http://www.navy.com/about/during/bootcamp/

8 weeks for the US Navy boot camp. Sorry- things change.

phantasm
04-25-08, 07:01 AM
actually you are wrong and I am right. I'm sorry to put it in those terms but you were so bent on me being wrong and there's no way for you to be wrong: http://www.navy.com/about/during/bootcamp/

8 weeks for the US Navy boot camp. Sorry- things change.

Fair enough, they changed it. I also hear they're wearing sneakers during Battle Stations now. I wonder if they still fail recruits who stop running. Oh well, when I went, it was 9-10 weeks including in-processing. Thank you for the correction. My numbers were off, it has been awhile ya know.

Back to USMC topics now. Best idea I've had so far today. My last ASVAB was a 79 but that was 4yrs ago. I need to re-test.

Domforce24
04-25-08, 08:38 AM
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being crappy at math. You shouldn't criticize like that. He's explaining why he thought he did bad- he already knows he's not good at math.

sweet- which MCRD are you going to? I'm going to Parris Island. Nice PFT times by the way.

Thanks. I am heading to MCRD San Diego on August 11th.

MotivatoroftheGuard: Im not sure about the reconnaissance thing because the MOS i signed up for is 0321-Reconnaissance man which guarantees me at least a shot at the indoc which I've been preparing for. Of course I am not guaranteed to be in recon but at least I got a shot at trying out. Let me know if I am wrong.

Domforce24
04-25-08, 08:55 AM
by the way I am going reserves if that means anything

Miller816
04-25-08, 08:57 AM
Ship out to Parris Island August 11. Scored a 69 on ASVAB. Going 03. Hopefully 0311.

KevinR90
04-25-08, 09:33 AM
MotivatoroftheGuard: Im not sure about the reconnaissance thing because the MOS i signed up for is 0321-Reconnaissance man which guarantees me at least a shot at the indoc which I've been preparing for. Of course I am not guaranteed to be in recon but at least I got a shot at trying out. Let me know if I am wrong.

yeah, i'd figure everyone would know by now that they are letting people sign up for Recon right from the start. One of my recruiter's poolees did that- He'll be finishing boot camp soon now.

Miller816: sweet, another person going Aug 11th to PI.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 11:29 AM
I"ve never heard of leaving with a guaranteed 0321 indoc spot. Things must be changing again, sadly, in the same direction as the army. They have guaranteed SpecOps seats, whether you make it or not is another deal, but, still its not like they get the seats because they are qualified.

Donut Brigade
04-25-08, 11:30 AM
ASVAB: 84

Details in my signature. :usmc:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 11:31 AM

Details in my signature. :usmc:

84? was that your GT score? and what bird are you hoping to fly on.

Donut Brigade
04-25-08, 11:32 AM
84? was that your GT score? and what bird are you hoping to fly on.
No Corporal, that's my overall score. GT was 129 and I forgot the MM score. I'm hoping to work with Cobras.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 11:36 AM
No Corporal, that's my overall score. GT was 129 and I forgot the MM score. I'm hoping to work with Cobras.

Well, just to let you know, Cobra's don't have "aircrew" besides the pilot and copilot. If you want to fly everyday, you need to get on a platform like the Huey, Osprey, something like that.

Also be advised that Huey's and Cobras usually are in the same squadron unless your at SAR. When you go through the schoolhouse and reach the fleet, you will be qualified and required to work on both Hueys and Cobras. So keep that in mind. Go for a bird that you will fly on...

Donut Brigade
04-25-08, 11:39 AM
Well, just to let you know, Cobra's don't have "aircrew" besides the pilot and copilot. If you want to fly everyday, you need to get on a platform like the Huey, Osprey, something like that.

Also be advised that Huey's and Cobras usually are in the same squadron unless your at SAR. When you go through the schoolhouse and reach the fleet, you will be qualified and required to work on both Hueys and Cobras. So keep that in mind. Go for a bird that you will fly on...

OK Corporal. I'll be happy with whatever I get.

KevinR90
04-25-08, 12:26 PM
FIrst i'm hoping for helicopters, if i do get them, I'm hoping for the CH-46.

Domforce24
04-25-08, 12:56 PM
I"ve never heard of leaving with a guaranteed 0321 indoc spot. Things must be changing again, sadly, in the same direction as the army. They have guaranteed SpecOps seats, whether you make it or not is another deal, but, still its not like they get the seats because they are qualified.

I agree that people get recon slots when enlisting even though they are not qualified. There are two poolees at my RSS that are clearly not physically qualified for even trying for recon, one is about 5'5" with arms the size of my little sisters' and one who who the same height but way overweight. It isn't right to let guys like this try out for the indoc when they will clearly fail because then it takes up all the slots for people such as myself who are physically and mentally qualified for trying out but now I couldn't get an active duty slot so I had to settle for reserves. Seems like recruiters just wanna fill slots whether they think the poolee with fail or not.

However, i don't think recon contracts are a bad idea at all. I just wish they made you get a 275/300 or higher on the pft BEFORE you sign that contract and not find out later at SOI that you are physically unqualified.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 01:10 PM
FIrst i'm hoping for helicopters, if i do get them, I'm hoping for the CH-46.

Keep in mind that they are starting to cross train alot of the 53/46 guys on the Osprey because that is what the Osprey is intended for. To replace both those birds, and be able to do their mission. Just keep that in mind. But, if you do go 46, just remember this. If it's not leaking hydraulic fluid all over you, then it is out of hydraulic fuel, and you should begin praying.

LiamY
04-25-08, 01:39 PM
I got a 98 and I'm going into the reserves as a 2147, LAV Repair Tech.

KevinR90
04-25-08, 02:19 PM
Keep in mind that they are starting to cross train alot of the 53/46 guys on the Osprey because that is what the Osprey is intended for. To replace both those birds, and be able to do their mission. Just keep that in mind. But, if you do go 46, just remember this. If it's not leaking hydraulic fluid all over you, then it is out of hydraulic fuel, and you should begin praying.

thanks for the heads up. As far as I know all the different birds have something wrong with them. I've heard stuff about all of them, so I just hope I even get on the helicopter platform, otherwise all this talk is for nothing.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 02:22 PM
For all you single poolees out there, who plan on staying single, i highly recommend trying to become a C130 loadmaster. From what i hear, those guys party like rockstars.

Switchfire
04-25-08, 05:15 PM
Lol just because their hours or what?

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 05:22 PM
Alright, imagine if you will.

Any given day, cargo, resupply, survival/humanitarian aid supplies, things of that nature are needed all around the world. Who takes it there? C130's. Now imagine you are a loadmaster. Before take off, you load and ensure everything is properly and safely loaded and stowed on the airplane. It is ready to be delievered. Check. You have a 9 hour flight to wherever it is. You sleep. You wake to make sure everything is either air dropped, or properly offloaded. All of a sudden, you realize you are in Australia for two nights for refuel and crew rest. Thus, you begin to party like a rockstar.

Basically it is a job that will take you all over the world, and allow you to experience alot of different things and cultures.

Switchfire
04-25-08, 05:27 PM
Nice, Ill remember that.

Hopefully(If i get the job) intel should push me in the right direction in the future :\

Im also thinking of applying for MSG duty too.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 05:30 PM
Nice, Ill remember that.

Hopefully(If i get the job) intel should push me in the right direction in the future :\

Im also thinking of applying for MSG duty too.

If you want MSG better make sure that you don't get any visible tats. I screwed myself on that one. I hear that MSG duty is one of the best jobs in the entire Corps. Everyone i've ever talked to about it, says it was the best time of their life. How many people can say they partied in Siberia. Know what i mean.

Switchfire
04-25-08, 05:32 PM
Yeah thats a big reason I want to try. I have a perfect background and no ink. Im not sure if its hard to get though....?

Also learning the fighting techniques and protecting important buildings would be awesome

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-25-08, 05:36 PM
protecting important buildings

Yeah, embassies are usually pretty important.:banana:

David La Pierre
04-26-08, 09:27 PM
98 AFQT, 143 GT
0321 - Recon

I got lucky I think...

KevinR90
04-26-08, 10:13 PM
really nice scores. One guy I was chatting with at MEPS got a 99- I forget what MOS he was shootin for though.

Ha2400
04-26-08, 11:54 PM
i got a 96 on my asvab and i'm 3521 motor t

Switchfire
04-26-08, 11:57 PM
Well damn I feel freakin retarded with my score.

My line scores were not too bad though I guess

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-27-08, 01:17 AM
Scores dont mean d*ck once you pick your job pups. I don't even remember what mine were, all that mattered is i could pick any job i want. Don't stress about it, just make sure for all you pups who haven't taken it yet, to do your best on it, it will make deciding what to do in the Corps easier, because you will have all your options open.

Switchfire
04-27-08, 01:23 AM
Yeah my 62 gave me all the same options as my friends 94 so I am not really upset

JJA1990
05-03-08, 01:40 PM
Overall: 85/99
Mechanical/Maitenance: 112/130
General Technical: 120/143
Electrical: 124/130
Clerical: 119/130

PriestDaBeast
05-05-08, 06:41 PM
76 on my ASVAB and I'm going infantry

Auwe76
05-29-08, 08:26 PM
My ASVAB Scores:

QT: 82

MM:121
GT:123
EL:116
CL:117

Pretty good for not knowing anything, and not studying lol. If I may say so myself. And the MOS' I'm going for are: 0861, 3xx, and Combat Engineer.

CalahanD
05-29-08, 09:37 PM
I got a 55 on my ASVAB and I am going 0321 Recon BABY!!!

Auwe76
05-29-08, 09:49 PM
My ASVAB Scores:

QT: 82

MM:121
GT:123
EL:116
CL:117

Pretty good for not knowing anything, and not studying lol. If I may say so myself. And the MOS' I'm going for are: 0861, 3xx, and Combat Engineer.

O! nd I 4got 2 menchan dat I was goin t2 be da secrit squirrooll force recon special forces air-born SeAl sniper whosis gonna go it alone and defeat all the insurgents! (SARCASM) Oh yeah, Chuck Norris v. Me! thats right lets fight! lmao

Donut Brigade
05-29-08, 09:54 PM
LOL auwe, I was going to post a mean comment until I saw the second part of your post.

NicholasITALY
05-29-08, 10:09 PM
I asked a friend of mine what was his score, he got 89, he built bombs, airplane missles. fantastic.

pilot37
06-10-08, 03:19 AM
AFQT: 99
GT: 149
EL: 151
CL: 139
MM: 149

MOS: 03xx. 5 year contract with $7,500 bonus after SOI
shipping 20080208

clarksterdotcom
06-10-08, 04:34 PM
AFQT: 99
GT: 149
EL: 151
MM: 149

MOS: 03xx. 5 year contract with $7,500 bonus after SOI
shipping 20080208

I'm sorry if these is offensive but why do people need to know what amount you got for a signing bonus.

But back on topic. 93/99 AFQT but I was only concerned with my MM line score so i could be Aircraft Maintenance 60xx, had to get higher than 105 and scored a 121 with only an hours worth of sleep! wOOt!

Shipping out the 16th looking forward to that so-cal summer weather already.

pilot37
06-11-08, 01:12 AM
I'm sorry if these is offensive but why do people need to know what amount you got for a signing bonus.

But back on topic. 93/99 AFQT but I was only concerned with my MM line score so i could be Aircraft Maintenance 60xx, had to get higher than 105 and scored a 121 with only an hours worth of sleep! wOOt!

Not trying to brag or anything, there's lots of people that get higher bonuses & lots of people that don't get any bonuses. But I figure there's a lot of kids on this forum looking to join the Corps and might like to know what kind of different options there are since there's several dozen closed contracts as well as open contracts & the choice can be mindbending:scared: lol

an hour?! im guessing you were waaaay excited night before you went to MEPS like i was haha

njchristian
06-11-08, 01:17 AM
honestly if I was staying in, I'd go Counter Intel/Human Intel.... 65,000 bucks.... too bad its a lump sum though

clarksterdotcom
06-11-08, 04:22 PM
Not trying to brag or anything, there's lots of people that get higher bonuses & lots of people that don't get any bonuses. But I figure there's a lot of kids on this forum looking to join the Corps and might like to know what kind of different options there are since there's several dozen closed contracts as well as open contracts & the choice can be mindbending:scared: lol

an hour?! im guessing you were waaaay excited night before you went to MEPS like i was haha

Understood just thought that the reason people join the Marines shouldnt be about the money. I see what you meant though and commend your honesty.

About the hours worth of sleep, I just recently quit smoking cigarettes after smoking for 5 years and could not get to bed by the 10pm curfew.

I'm sure that the cravings will lessen once I am in boot since the access to those items will be nonexistent.

mattlw201
06-11-08, 06:27 PM
I made an 81 on the ASVAB and I am going infantry.

pilot37
06-12-08, 02:57 AM
Understood just thought that the reason people join the Marines shouldnt be about the money. I see what you meant though and commend your honesty.

About the hours worth of sleep, I just recently quit smoking cigarettes after smoking for 5 years and could not get to bed by the 10pm curfew.

I'm sure that the cravings will lessen once I am in boot since the access to those items will be nonexistent.

Congrats!!! I'm glad you quit and hope you keep it up:D:thumbup:

lagirl09
06-12-08, 11:11 AM

Really now. Well most people don't sign up for the military bonuses. If you were going to join the military for military bonuses, I suggest that you should join another military branch. Marines are not about the money. They join the Marines because it is what they are. They know that this is what they wanna do and what they are made to do. If you really are a Marine there is no question about what you should do. It just kind of calls you.

xpaz
06-12-08, 08:30 PM
Finally dug up my scores again...

AFQT: 98
GT: 129
EL: 139
MM: 128

Haven't figured out what MOS yet; need to get cracking on that.

I'm told I'll have one more shot at going to OCS once I'm out of Boot (college grad -- decided enlisted fit me more, after talking to my OSO), so I may yet pursue that commission. Ultimately my MOS choice now may end up meaning very little if that's the road I go down. Time will tell!

clarksterdotcom
06-13-08, 11:48 PM

Just a quick update since I was able to check my scores again during my pre-ship inspect.

AFQT: 93/99

MM: 124
GT:128
EL: 129
CL: 131

Also went over my Statement of Understanding for MOS# Aircraft Maintenance 60xx, Rotary Wing Aircraft Mechanic 61xx, Fixed Wing Aircraft Mechanic 62xx. :thumbup:

Modoc
06-22-08, 10:10 AM
I scored a 74 on the ASVAB... all my line scores(GT EL MT...) were 110 or higher... I wanted avionics, but I had to get a waiver because my wife is pregnant and I have a 1 year old so they pretty much told me I had to pick an MOS with a short amount of schooling... So I picked logistics.

POOLEE08Brennan
06-23-08, 02:14 PM
scored a 73
didnt really try on the last part where you had to put the shapes in that puzzle thing
it was like 0530 or 0600 and i was tired as ****

got my first choice MOS 1316 metal worker

Haffner
06-23-08, 10:34 PM
That's wonderful to advertise! 0530/0600 early...and didn't try!

...hmmm...

POOLEE DEAN
06-25-08, 08:54 AM
96, dropped OCS and enlisted. 6 year infantry. Cant freakin wait. Good luck to everyone!

lagirl09
06-25-08, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to change your Marine status from friend to Poolee/DEP? I took my oath on May 1st and I have been trying to figure it out for awhile now, but have failed to accomplish it.

LittleMissStretch
06-25-08, 11:43 AM
Send a Private Message to an administrator. They'll change it for you.

byoung54
06-25-08, 12:40 PM
i got a 96 on my asvab and i'm 3521 motor t

LMAO Great score! :thumbdown Mos

JFJ22GAUSA
06-25-08, 07:01 PM
ASVAB: 82 (GT 125)
MOS: Aviation Ordnance 65xx..........I am assuming that I got Aviation Support and that my recruiter, simply, told me AO because that is what I wanted. And I am aware that AO goes in the Aviation Support Field.

Ship out: 20090526

Banshee
06-25-08, 07:35 PM
LMAO Great score! :thumbdown Mos

There is nothing wrong with wanting Motor T--some people just like driving. It was my first choice, but found out at MEPS that I was half an inch too short, lol. I was even choosing MT over OCS. But, I want enlisted so...I am now Alpha Golf helo crew chief :) not bad if I don't say so myself, lol. I'm really hoping to get Hueys. My ASVAB was a 94 because of my math score (i would be a senior in college if i wasn't going Marines)--I haven't had any form of math for over three years. It's not one of those things that stick with you.

I'm shipping out 2008/08/25

millstrong
06-25-08, 07:58 PM
Hello, took my asvab today for the first time and got a 83 , I really want to go intelligence, but dont know if my score is high enough, my recruiter says it is but I have to wait till after I do my physical till he can "officially" qualify me. Also considering MP.

Switchfire
06-26-08, 03:26 AM
Its all about your line scores mills.. But I got a 62 on my ASVAB and I qualified for intel, but the spot got taken up just before I got it. Just need the scores and pretty much a perfect background. I am now going MP lol

ticowarbird
06-26-08, 07:14 AM
ASVAB 79, MOS avionic operations? i think its 63xx or 64xx. im going to see my recruiter again tommorrow so i'll find out then. i wish we didnt have to meet the IST before we leave now

byoung54
06-26-08, 11:15 AM
There is nothing wrong with wanting Motor T--some people just like driving. It was my first choice, but found out at MEPS that I was half an inch too short, lol. I was even choosing MT over OCS. But, I want enlisted so...I am now Alpha Golf helo crew chief :) not bad if I don't say so myself, lol. I'm really hoping to get Hueys. My ASVAB was a 94 because of my math score (i would be a senior in college if i wasn't going Marines)--I haven't had any form of math for over three years. It's not one of those things that stick with you.

I'm shipping out 2008/08/25

Have you been with Motor T???????????? Your like a pizza delivery guy! LoL unless you like being called Jeeves and Chauffeuring Sgt Major's and Colonels i say you pick something else...

Funny thing is everyone in here has a High ASVAB score....so why are there so many dumb asses in the Corps? :D

Anyways the only time being MT was fun was in Iraq. We did alot of off roading type stuff.

Banshee
06-26-08, 12:37 PM
Have you been with Motor T???????????? .

No, haha. but, i know a couple of Motor T Marines. Granted, they are not the smartest in the bunch, lol, but they know how to have fun when not delivering :)

byoung54
06-26-08, 12:41 PM
Exactly! Motor T is one of those MOS's you go to when you fail out of say Avionics.
Damn right we know how to have fun... Ear Muffs! Not to mention we get the nastiest looking WM's hehe.

millstrong
06-26-08, 04:39 PM
Yeah while i was at the recruiter the Maj. came in with the list of 09' jobs so I am hoping by the time I swear in next week a Intel slot is still open. <br />
<br />
I have a not so perfect background, and I...

mjs2000us
10-01-08, 03:58 PM
Made an 89 on the ASVAB and was pleasantly surprised! Expected the worst after working a 16 hour graveyard shift, then staying up all that following day until I took it at 5 in the afternoon. Got my 2nd choice of MOS for Enlisted Aircrew or Navigator. Hopefully get it switched to Air Traffic Controller if the job slot opens up.

Rains
10-01-08, 04:42 PM
I dont know what I scored on my ASVAB, if you look at my thread titled " When I take the ASVAB..." I posted what I got on each area, but I really dont know how to find out what the score is...

But I want to get the 1371 MOS ( Combat Engineer ).

gnarkill04
10-01-08, 05:15 PM
ASVAB 59, MOS 21xx ordnance. Hopefully small arms repair. Trying to ship 20081201

CplGiraffe
10-01-08, 05:34 PM
ASVAB = 80
MOS = 267* (Cryptologic Linguist)
DLAB (since it relates to MOS) = 118

MarinesFTW
10-02-08, 07:15 PM
ASVAB = 82 on the practice
MOS i hope will be 03XX

AaronJM1984
10-03-08, 06:51 PM
ASVAB=62
MOS=03xx
SHIP DATE=20081103

kash
10-03-08, 09:55 PM
Scored a 58 on the pretest but messed up on the actual test and ended up with a 46...

Im signed for the 13xx field. Hoping for 1371.

hardcorps1110
10-03-08, 10:38 PM
70 on AFQT. GT 115. 03xx. Ship out 20081027 Parris Island.

LandsNGrooves
10-05-08, 01:15 AM
asvab=71
GT=128
mos=5700 CBRN Defense
Ship To San Diego 20081208 possible ship 20081028

I know i did horrible on the electrical part. Ive never read a schematic in my life.

Bentley09
10-05-08, 11:29 AM
I scored a 98 on the asvab, im going intelligence specialist

LandsNGrooves
10-06-08, 11:10 AM
I scored a 98 on the asvab, im going intelligence specialist

WOW.

JoshLittle
10-08-08, 07:51 PM
Scored a 58 on the pretest but messed up on the actual test and ended up with a 46...

Im signed for the 13xx field. Hoping for 1371.

I did about the same, score a 59 on the Pretest, but on the actual test I made a 48, I screwed that up for me. But I wanted Avionics, can't get that now, so I am going to do my best to work towards Weapon Specialist or I may end up doing Infantry.

Yes, I like shooting guns:P

kash
10-08-08, 08:18 PM
I did about the same, score a 59 on the Pretest, but on the actual test I made a 48, I screwed that up for me. But I wanted Avionics, can't get that now, so I am going to do my best to work towards Weapon Specialist or I may end up doing Infantry.

Yes, I like shooting guns:P
really? I had aircraft mech. available to me.

JoshLittle
10-09-08, 12:08 AM
really? I had aircraft mech. available to me.

I wanted Radar. I told my Srgt. Major I wanted Infantry though, he looked at me like I am stupid, lol. I don't know why, just eh. I want to do infantry though, so yeah.

sparra
10-09-08, 01:13 AM
AFQT-99
I don't remember the break down of the scores; I only got a quick look at the sheet in my file while I was at MEPS.

I eventually want to go 2336 if at all possible, so I'm still looking around to figure out what'll get me there. Haven't settled on anything yet. We'll see where it goes.

All in all, I'm not worried about MOS. I'll get put where I'm needed, and I'll bust my ass there to be the best Marine I can be. Beyond that? I'd be happier doing something other than paperwork, but I'm not picky. If I were picky, I'd do what my family's been saying to do and go and join the Army!

Garrett90
10-09-08, 02:14 AM
ASVAB: 77
MOS:03xx

Cowboy2161
10-20-08, 01:22 AM
ASVAB: 92
Ground Option

GunzNutz87
10-20-08, 10:44 AM
ASVAB = 90
MOS = 03xx
Originally wanted small arms repair, but had a change of heart. Ship out 20081110

Pinoytib
10-20-08, 11:24 AM
MOS: Data Systems

lopez0809
12-16-08, 01:19 PM
MOS: 0231/2600 Signal Intel / Ground Electronic Warfare: Signed contract
ASVAB: 8ty something: either 83-84. Can't remember.
MCRDPI: August 10th 2009
Can't wait. Working out like crazy. Other poolees with same ship date please let me know. No females at my recruiting office with my same ship date. Also info on my MOS would be highly appreciated

blackshirts
12-16-08, 05:12 PM
Haven't DEP'd yet, but will after finals are over this week. I got a 93 on the ASVAB and am going 66xx Aviation Logistics

MarineFox
12-16-08, 05:34 PM
I got 89. I'm going combat engineer. Fire in the hole!

buffa1oso1di3r
12-16-08, 06:33 PM
You guys make me feel like an idiot... 88, 03XX (hopefully)

RottnDobe
12-16-08, 06:40 PM
MOS: 03xx
ASVAB: 93
MCRDPI 20090518

Bentley09
12-16-08, 09:51 PM
I definitely am seeing alot more 99s than I would expect. It may seem fishy, but I got a 98, my GT was 128 and I'm going 0231 Intel.

Duke0300
12-17-08, 03:58 PM
I scored a 73 and signed up for 0300.

chadhertz
12-17-08, 11:57 PM
I scored a 75. Can't become a poolee for a few more months though.

JeffreyLeon809
12-19-08, 01:57 PM
83 On ASVAB
03xx

BRockwell
12-20-08, 08:07 AM
I scored an 82 Wednesday evening.

I can't decide between 03 or 27 series.

Rangersword3
01-17-09, 09:39 AM
I got a 97
Can't decide on an MOS, would like 8154 security forces, but its all full up. Looking into 02xx now.

MrRobert
01-17-09, 10:37 AM
I got an 87 on no sleep. My mos is aircraft maitenance

bstinnett09
01-17-09, 12:07 PM
97, all my line score were over 140.
My MOS is 03xx.

gjewell
01-17-09, 02:03 PM
ASVAB: 91
MOS: Not sure signed a "Managerial Option" contract. Includes resource analyst, legal services specialist, supply warehousing, aviation supply, finance technician, and maintenance management specialist. Hoping to get the maintenance management and then request a lateral move to something else once i've gotten my time in.
Ship Date: 20090302 - 43 days left :)

MattNC
01-17-09, 02:25 PM
MOS: 03xx.
SHIP: 20090908

DeltaCW
01-19-09, 12:49 PM
97 on ASVAB; 02XX; Ship out 20090126.

Best of luck to you all.

mcammisa
02-22-09, 11:52 AM
I got a 95 on the ASVAB. I was thinking 1361 engineering assistance, since I'm currently studying for a civil engineering degree but I've heard they will probably change that to 1371 combat engineer. I don't really want to do that. I was also considering 5811 military police but I might be colorblind. Are there any other good MOS I could get with a 95.

charles09
02-22-09, 01:38 PM
I will be leaving in 99 days to MCRD San Diego i got a 73 on the asvab but i didn't wnat to do anything but infantry.

Tom88
02-22-09, 03:44 PM
MOS: 3531 (4th CAG Reserve)
Ship: 090409

blackshirts
02-22-09, 06:09 PM
ASVAB--93
MOS--Combat Engineer (13xx)
Ship date--20090413

Rangersword3
02-22-09, 11:00 PM
I got a 95 on the ASVAB. I was thinking 1361 engineering assistance, since I'm currently studying for a civil engineering degree but I've heard they will probably change that to 1371 combat engineer. I don't really want to do that. I was also considering 5811 military police but I might be colorblind. Are there any other good MOS I could get with a 95.
With a 95 on the asvab you can get any job you qualify for in terms of vision and the medical processing. I scored a 97 and was able to choose any job I wanted that was open, I just got myself a 267x crypto linguist with a 128 on the DLAB.

HammerOfJustice
02-23-09, 12:23 AM
With a 95 on the asvab you can get any job you qualify for in terms of vision and the medical processing. I scored a 97 and was able to choose any job I wanted that was open, I just got myself a 267x crypto linguist with a 128 on the DLAB.

Interestingly enough that is the same score I got on the DLAB.

What's up with all the Crypto-Linguists recently? Seems there's a huge rash of them and it's supposed to be a rare job?

Gnetics
02-23-09, 12:28 AM
Wow, its crazy how most of the Poolee's seem to be in the 90's..kinda fishy lol. I scored a 87 on the ASVAB and I believe all of my line scores where 120-130 range. Currently on open contract, trying to get Intel. but more importantly the title of Marine..:devious:

Rangersword3
02-23-09, 03:16 AM
Apparently more people are finding out about it now, and are scoring what they need to get crypto linguist. Doesn't bother me though.

Yeah I was going for Intel, but then looked into crypto linguist since Intel is all full up here. But the same goes for me, want the title of Marine more than anything.

Rains
02-23-09, 02:40 PM
ASVAB: 77
MOS: 1300 (hoping for 1371)
SHIP DATE: 20090601

02-23-09, 05:57 PM
I got an 81 on the ASVAB and My MOS is Infantry. I can't wait to get to boot camp.

blackshirts
02-23-09, 06:11 PM
Wow, its crazy how most of the Poolee's seem to be in the 90's..kinda fishy lol.
Callin' me a liar?! :mad:

Just kidding. I tend to believe it's because the smart poolees are the ones on leatherneck.com finding as much about the Marines as humanly possible before shipping to make their 13 week stay slightly less difficult.

Ant123
02-23-09, 06:29 PM
Hey i only got a 70.Does that mean i am not smart? lol j/p
MOS-03XX

Gunner614
02-23-09, 06:49 PM
No a 70 is pretty good. I got a 63 and still qualified as an Alpha

cocruxified
02-23-09, 09:50 PM
86 and Data Systems/BX Field. Whatever it takes to be come the best.

LanVidaRam
02-24-09, 02:16 PM
95 on the ASVAB and going for MOS:02XX; Intelligence. Leaving end of next month.

Gnetics
02-24-09, 02:19 PM
Callin' me a liar?! :mad:

Just kidding. I tend to believe it's because the smart poolees are the ones on leatherneck.com finding as much about the Marines as humanly possible before shipping to make their 13 week stay slightly less difficult.

Same thing I was thinking..haha Only smart people would be looking for any and all advantages they can get..lol

ae2155
02-24-09, 06:10 PM
78 ASVAB. 0311 infantry

JonH
03-29-09, 09:14 PM
DEP'ed in in January
91 ASVAB
Shipdate: 20090601 MCRDPI
13XX
holler.

rylee13
03-29-09, 09:54 PM
92 Asvab
21xx

jpg8402
03-30-09, 12:22 AM
I scored a shameful 61 on the ASVAB, but I'm on here looking for info... so its not only the smart ones using the internet. :p

slsbtas
03-31-09, 09:13 AM
ok so you can tell the ones that studied for the test. I for one didnt because I know what I love to do for a job already. I scored a 75 on the asvab and I want to go in as a heavy equipment operator.

You shouldnt have to study for the test. The information that is collected on you from the test helps you as a person decide by what you know, what type of job that is best for you not only by how smart you are but what your passions are, which are reflective on your scores in each catergory. This isnt a test that you want to do better than what you would normally do. This is a career assesment test.

Yes good scores help you out if you want a better job and know that you will excel and enjoy those jobs. But if you know what you want and enjoy something already and you more and likely have researched or participated in the job to have the knowledge for it, which shows on the asvab test.

A perfect score is not always the best score here. Remember to read up on the jobs you want and familar yourself with it. That is the best way to achive what you want and what the army, marines, air force, or navy can provide for you.

DaveDave
04-02-09, 09:13 AM
Well you can believe that if you want to slsbtas, but I'm not about to let the government decide what I should do for a living. So I'm going to study for the ASVAB to make sure I can get the contract I want. Not to attack you as a person, but your post sounds like some idealistic hippy bulls***.

0231Marine
04-02-09, 11:24 AM
ok so you can tell the ones that studied for the test. I for one didnt because I know what I love to do for a job already. I scored a 75 on the asvab and I want to go in as a heavy equipment operator.

You shouldnt have to study for the test. The information that is collected on you from the test helps you as a person decide by what you know, what type of job that is best for you not only by how smart you are but what your passions are, which are reflective on your scores in each catergory. This isnt a test that you want to do better than what you would normally do. This is a career assesment test.

Yes good scores help you out if you want a better job and know that you will excel and enjoy those jobs. But if you know what you want and enjoy something already and you more and likely have researched or participated in the job to have the knowledge for it, which shows on the asvab test.

A perfect score is not always the best score here. Remember to read up on the jobs you want and familar yourself with it. That is the best way to achive what you want and what the army, marines, air force, or navy can provide for you.

1) Fill out your profile before you post again.

2) No, you're wrong!

3) See #2!

The ASVAB is not a tool to determine what job is best for you. It's a tool to measure your intelligence in multiple subjects to verify if you're intelligent enough to enlist in a certain MOS. To say that you shouldn't attempt to do your best or that getting a perfect score isn't want you want is just plain dumb. If you're happy with mediocrity, then good on you because that's the kind of Marine you'll be too. Just your run of the mill LCpl who slips through the cracks. You know what those Marines end up doing? Pulling all the sh!t jobs and usually end up getting someone killed in combat because they just don't care and are happy with the minimum effort.

If you're happy with heavy equipment operator and that's what you got, then good for you but don't sit there as a poolee and tell other poolee's that they shouldn't attempt to open up every available door that they can because limiting yourself to some sh!t job that you're not going to like is just stupid.

4) The branches of the military are ALWAYS CAPITALIZED!

blackshirts
04-02-09, 02:26 PM

You can tell that by high scores? I'm guessing most of the high scores didn't need to study because they knew they'd pass.

I guess I'd say don't assume so much (you just make an ass out of u and me). :bunny:

goodtimes
04-04-09, 04:00 AM
Scored an AQFT of 84 with a GT of 121. I am going 03xx (hoping for a 0311 after boot). I am getting E2 because of my bachelors degree.

Kurokawa
04-04-09, 05:08 AM
Scored 95, and no studying. Surprised my recruiter because I finished extremely quick, I entered after a few people and left before them. Contract is still open, but hoping to get either RECON-tryout contract or Intel.

Ethos
04-04-09, 10:40 AM
Scored 95, and no studying. Surprised my recruiter because I finished extremely quick, I entered after a few people and left before them. Contract is still open, but hoping to get either RECON-tryout contract or Intel.

You are new, aren't ya? Lol there's no such thing as a 'RECON-tryout contract.' You first have to obtain a 03xx MOS, then, maybe if we're good enough after a deployment or two, we get selected... We're all just motivated poolees, aren't we? Lol :)

Kurokawa
04-05-09, 02:45 PM
You are new, aren't ya? Lol there's no such thing as a 'RECON-tryout contract.' You first have to obtain a 03xx MOS, then, maybe if we're good enough after a deployment or two, we get selected... We're all just motivated poolees, aren't we? Lol :)

I'm not new, I've done my research, one of my major faults.

http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/10-1309.aspx

The Recon enlistment option is designated UZ. The best chance of getting into Recon is to enlist with a UZ enlistment option contract. This enlistment option guarantees the enlistee the chance at getting into Recon.
source: http://www.forcerecon.com/reconfaq.htm

I get to go to the indoc-BRC, but I'm not a sure-in for RECON.

blackshirts
04-05-09, 06:23 PM
Wrong.

teamshadowzero
04-05-09, 08:06 PM
I got myself a 92 on my ASVAB. Because I'm on split-op so I can finish up my associates degree, I had to pick a program that was 10 weeks or less, so since I love doing construction (I've been doing it in various forms with my family since I was 6 years old), I picked combat engineer. None a better feeling than tearing things apart and putting things together. I guess that's why I'm also a mechanic in my daily life. I ship out for boot camp on May 18th, but I won't get to my MOS school until the summer of 2010 since I'll be home on reserve finishing school all of this fall, winter, and next spring.

Come to think of it, my 30-day pre-ship is coming up...
And they won't let me participate in the pool validation on may 16th because I get taken to harrisburg on the 17th to get ready to go.

Can't wait!!

Ethos
04-05-09, 09:25 PM
Wrong.

Alright I stand corrected... But who wants a boot Marine with no battle experience going into reconnaissance?

That I do not understand.

futurepoole08
04-05-09, 10:11 PM
Screw it, I must be the one poolee that did not make it above a 50, but oh well. I still get stuck tutoring the ones that come into the office that can't do math. They score higher than me, I just suck at timed test lol.

AFQT = 44
GT = 100
03xx

blackshirts
04-06-09, 02:54 PM
Alright I stand corrected... But who wants a boot Marine with no battle experience going into reconnaissance?

That I do not understand.

Who knows...? I think they changed it a bit ago to try and expand it a little bit.

SeanRyan32
04-08-09, 05:35 AM
AFQT: 97

GT Score: 130

Looking into MP=>Investigator or Security Forces/Infantry=>Basic Recon/Embassy Guard.

Sorry, I can't remember the MOS numbers.

noeldelisle
04-08-09, 08:16 AM
Scored a 93...probably going infantry with the recon indoc option.

nrml1
04-08-09, 08:52 AM
Scored an AQFT of 84 with a GT of 121. I am going 03xx (hoping for a 0311 after boot). I am getting E2 because of my bachelors degree.

You have to have a bachelors to go E2? I have a G.E.D. with an AA, would I get the same benefit?

scifguard
04-08-09, 09:00 AM
You don't need a degree. You just need a certain number of credit hours. I'm not sure how many it is but with an AA you should be good. Just be sure to tell your recruiter about it.

nrml1
04-08-09, 09:03 AM
Ok, Thanks LCpl.

Hamelink83
04-08-09, 04:54 PM
You have to have a bachelors to go E2? I have a G.E.D. with an AA, would I get the same benefit?

Agreed with the LCpl. I have a GED and an AA and I am contracted E2.

MrSnips
04-08-09, 05:06 PM
I scored an 81 with MM141 GT138 EL128 CL113

Plans are 03xx and hopefully tryout at some point for Recon.

Southpaww3
04-11-09, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone,

This is actually my first day as a member and have just been looking around. Its nice to have people to talk to that can relate.

Anyway I got a 92 on my ASVAB and just took the DLAB last Wed. I got a 113 and fileld out the paperwork for cryptologic linguist.

Hopefully it will all work out but still got bootcamp and MOS school before I get to learn Arabic. HAHA

dribbler
04-14-09, 08:17 PM
Swore in today
Ship 20091116 MCRDSD
ASVAB: AFQT: 90 GT: 126
Im going for Infantry, from there I will look into Recon or a commission...

mpellie
04-18-09, 06:27 PM
cruddy on the ASVAB...got a 57,im an alpha but whatever..funny thing is i lowered my line scores by getting a higher AFQT,maybe because Im slightly retarded...
So I ship for boot camp 20090427 and I still dont have an MOS....But I think maybe perhaps my recruiter will get me B5 Managerial Option since my original MOS 4421 got scrapped..but I gotta pick an MOS and ship or my butt is headed to Afghanistan..eek

johnb08
04-19-09, 10:45 AM
Scored a 71 and I got Public Affairs (had to do two interviews to get it though)

Equipped Possum
04-19-09, 11:23 AM
I scored a 93 on the ASVAB and I am going in as a 2670 cryptologic linguist.
I think I'm going to try out for a Radio Recon Team or something of that nature. We'll see..

AlanJames
04-25-09, 07:00 PM
I just finished taking a 200 question practice test on the ************* website. I didn't time myself, as this was my first try on it. But, i'm having difficulty finding out how well i did...

I don't know if this was right, but when i added up the total number of correct answers i got 135. The MOS i was looking at lately says i need a GT score of 105, and i don't know how to calculate that, so please help a brotha out!

KevinR90
04-26-09, 09:41 AM
Don't know what to tell ya. Try posting the link to it. Did you try looking on the site for instructions? If you can't figure it out you could always just go to a library (if you have one nearby) and check out an ASVAB practice book. That's what I did.

boblasek
04-26-09, 12:20 PM
The practice tests I took online were not even close to the real one I took at MEPS. The real ASVAB was much easier, or maybe I was just retarded for the online ones. My ASVAB was 86 I believe. At the recruiters office I got a 42 from their practice test.

AlanJames
04-26-09, 01:24 PM
Here are my line scores for the test i just took at the military website. Test with 200 Questions:

NAME # right Percentage %

GS 17 68
AR 28 93.3
WK 30 85.7
PC 15 100
AS 16 64
MK 23 92
MC 14 56
EI 6 30

I really want to study more, and i will probably look for a book like that at the Library on Monday. I need a GT score of 105 for the MOS i would really like to have- Artillery Meteorological Man.

ONeill65
04-26-09, 02:16 PM
I am going to Phoenix for MEPS this June then graduating high school in May 2010. I got a 64 on the ASVAB and plan on being a crew chief for a CH-53 Super Stallion.

KevinR90
04-26-09, 04:11 PM
I am going to Phoenix for MEPS this June then graduating high school in May 2010. I got a 64 on the ASVAB and plan on being a crew chief for a CH-53 Super Stallion.

For a 53 huh? You got that in writing or are you just going to hope you get it? If you can- get it in writing. If the 53's mean that much to you hold out for it. I'm glad I'm not a 53 Mech.... those things are huge. Instead of just needing a D&T from flightline like hueys/cobra before flight.... the 53 has to get signed off by every shop i believe. I've stood like 20 feet from one as it was taxiing by. Freakin' huge.

ONeill65
04-26-09, 11:29 PM
Nah i dont have that in writing yet. I think it would be cool to be on one of those all the time. I might go into that or something that has to do with logistics. Thanks for the advice.:idea:

SeanRyan32
04-27-09, 05:20 AM
When exactly are you supposed to get it in writing? Because I've already been to MEPS and came back, but I haven't signed anything since then.

FirstGen
04-27-09, 06:55 AM
Your SOU should have AG option if you want crew chief on the CH-64, UH-1, MV-22, or MH-53 right off the bat. I hear you can cross train into crew chief from certain MX/Avionics MOS.

But yeah, the 53 is a MX nightmare, but it is an amazing machine.

KevinR90
04-27-09, 08:22 PM
I know for a fact for AH/UH-1's it's actually easier to cross train to the crew chief MOS from the basic mech work center- flightline. That's where you go as a crew chief- you pretty much hang with the flightliners..... you're in the flightline shop. You have to go to CNATT for the flightline job. That's how it works.

So when you get to your unit.... you might not fly for 2-3 weeks for check-in/ various other reasons. Until then, and between your flights you basically work as a mechanic. Just to let you know what you're getting into.

So it's actually easiest to be a flightliner and become an AO (Aerial Observer), which is basically a crew chief. It's just a longer process for anyone from any of the other shops (AVI, Air framers, ordnance).

I can't tell you about any other air craft.

But yes i've also heard for any kind of shop the 53's are very work intensive. Very high maintenance.

jacobkilgore
04-27-09, 08:57 PM
MM:103
GT:102
EL:109
CL:101
AFQT % Score: 42

ONeill65
04-27-09, 11:04 PM
Yeah i dont have it in writing yet. I plan on going to MEPS in June. I think I'm still going to do some searching for interesting jobs. Maybe another aviation job, logistics, or motor transport. Thanks for the help.

FirstGen
04-28-09, 06:57 AM
I know for a fact for AH/UH-1's it's actually easier to cross train to the crew chief MOS from the basic mech work center- flightline. That's where you go as a crew chief- you pretty much hang with the flightliners..... you're in the flightline shop. You have to go to CNATT for the flightline job. That's how it works.

So when you get to your unit.... you might not fly for 2-3 weeks for check-in/ various other reasons. Until then, and between your flights you basically work as a mechanic. Just to let you know what you're getting into.

So it's actually easiest to be a flightliner and become an AO (Aerial Observer), which is basically a crew chief. It's just a longer process for anyone from any of the other shops (AVI, Air framers, ordnance).

I can't tell you about any other air craft.

But yes i've also heard for any kind of shop the 53's are very work intensive. Very high maintenance.

Very informative. All though, what is CNATT?

So it seems I can train into the crew chief mos or AO. What would I have to do to train into that?

I've only heard stories from my uncle. They would come in and basically need a complete overhaul on everything, every time haha.

Strength
04-28-09, 09:05 AM
Asvab: 96
Mos: 2301
Not sure what my specific GT score was or anything.

KSoto
04-29-09, 03:07 PM
I got a 78 but I didnt do it to join, they just offered the test at my school to tell you what you jobs you could be good at so I took it. I dont think I put 100% effort towards it and I wish my recruiter would let me take it again, I didnt even pay attention to the electrical or mechanical sections. My MOS is supposed to be intel though, im hoping they give it to me in writing soon because times coming close, if not I do actually have one in writing for MP.

PooleeGray09
05-15-09, 04:25 PM
Scored an 87 on the ASVAB and hoping to get Intel, if not then i want Motor Vehicle Operator i leave for MCRD San Diego on June 9 and i know i should have had this set months ago

Hartford
05-15-09, 06:10 PM
MOS: Hoping to get 5811, but if not possible to get that specific, 5800.

kmac
05-15-09, 06:51 PM
I can't remember exactly what I scored, I think it was an 89. I was contracted with an MOS in Public Affairs (Combat Correspondent). I'm really excited about that. Ship in 2 weeks...who else is getting to MCRD June 1?

SJPB
05-15-09, 07:27 PM
ASVAB: 85

MOS is 7051!

ASVAB was pretty easy. It's basic algebra/english with some weird techy questions. If you can't pass this test well....you got bigger problems than not being able to join the Marine Corps. Get your ass to the classroom.

derikdrock1989
05-15-09, 08:04 PM
I went to MEPS about two weeks ago and scored a 70 on my asvab got sworn into DEP that day. I qualified for quite a bit of jobs and went over them with the Gunny at my recruiting station. My three MOS picks we sent in was 1) Logistics/Embarkation 2) Combat Engineer 3) MP. Ill find out tommorow if i snagged my first pick or not. All i can do is hope. If i love the Corps then i plan on doing my 20 years.

Barr
05-16-09, 02:24 AM
I got a 90 overall, my GT was 124.

I'm on ground option b6 right now, I want to be 0861 Fire Support.

cmixcoatl
05-18-09, 02:59 AM
ASVAB: 95
GT: 128
EL: 133
MM: 138
CL: 122

My recruiter said no contracts were available except UH and ground option B6, but I went ahead and requested DC, DD, and AJ. My recruiter had me take the DLAB, and I got a 133. My ship date is 14 Sept. I asked if they could push it back a few weeks back, since that's when FY10 begins, but the RSS commander said he wouldn't. I'm graduating from college in June, and will have my BA, so I think I'm going to take a shot at OCS. I meet with an OSO on Tuesday, so I'll nkow more by then

shnon89
05-18-09, 10:02 AM
Funny post on the first page about running for president...lol. Think I will make it muhahaha. But anyway asvab 82 and plan on doing Intel.

mtyavara
05-18-09, 11:01 AM
I got a 99 with over 140 in all scoring category's and I'm hoping for MOS 1371 Combat Engineering or Infantry if not. My ship date is August 17th but my MOS isn't set yet.

petejones
05-19-09, 03:45 PM
I got a 72, and plan on goining Infantry

AlanJames
05-20-09, 02:38 PM
AQFT: 95

GT: 134

the other line scores i don't remember, but they were all over 120.

Sad but true, my roomate at MEPS had taken his second ASVAB and scored only a 38 on it, said he needed 50 because he has a GED- but he's army- go figure.

samfreed7
05-21-09, 12:13 AM
Asvab 57

MOS Electronic Maintence

>> my line score for the Electronics was apparently close to perfect. I took Electronics classes during highschool, i guess thye helped?

KGardner
07-29-09, 10:57 PM
ASVAB-73
MOS-2111--small arms repair

PooleeHunt
07-30-09, 03:47 PM
MOS- Avionics at first (trying for that, then an EMOS for Linguist)

ASVAB: 96, line scores all over 130 if I remember correctly.

SkMike
07-30-09, 07:36 PM
ASVAB 88

Aviation Maintenance.

thekevo
07-30-09, 11:14 PM
Asvab 88

Mp

Gerken
07-31-09, 10:27 AM
ASVAB 83
MOS Avionics

JBrennan1226
08-09-09, 08:47 AM
ASVAB 78

Line Scores: 132 MM 128 GT 124 EL 111 CL

MOS: 0231 Intelligence

L Patrick
08-09-09, 08:56 AM
ASVAB 84

MOS 0231 Intelligence Specialist. Hopefully.

Taking the DLAB as well some time soon

Capital M
08-09-09, 09:39 AM
ASVAB- 93
MOS - Intelligence Specialist, hopefully

Cressler
08-09-09, 11:07 AM
Asvab- 75
Mos- Crash, Firefighter hopefully

Deleon1992
08-09-09, 03:15 PM
I got a 76 on my ASVAB. I know i could have done better but I got the MOS that I wanted which is Infantry and I cannot wait until January 25th!

Dist Expert 26
08-09-09, 03:40 PM
ASVAB 92

Lowest line score was 125 if I remember right

MOS 03xx

rodriguez35
08-13-09, 12:48 PM
i got an 82 on my ASVAB and as of now my Mos is b6 ground option

ZombieWolf
08-13-09, 01:49 PM
Just wondering how ya'll did on the ASVAB and what you plain on going into. I'm going Infantry and am also going to be a Scout Sniper, I scored a 73 on the ASVAB.

Got a 93 AFQT on the ASVAB, lowest line score was a 129. My MOS is UH. Shooting for Scout/Sniper as well.

Dist Expert 26
08-16-09, 07:09 PM
Got a 93 AFQT on the ASVAB, lowest line score was a 129. My MOS is UH. Shooting for Scout/Sniper as well.

You really need to pick it up with your PT scores if you want to go to sniper school. I talked to a former instructor a couple weeks ago, and he told me that he wouldn't take anything but a perfect PFT score.

ZombieWolf
08-17-09, 12:32 AM
You really need to pick it up with your PT scores if you want to go to sniper school. I talked to a former instructor a couple weeks ago, and he told me that he wouldn't take anything but a perfect PFT score.

yeah- tell me about it...

I'm ****ed off about 'em. I want to make a career out of the Corps- so it's fine with me if it does end up taking some time, but I know I'll reach a first class PFT by the end of Boot Camp.

otis wilcox
08-17-09, 09:56 AM

MOS: Wanted Intelligence.. but my mother isn't a citizen...... I have Accounting right now, thinking about Avionics.

nrscott1986
08-23-09, 09:48 PM
I got a 98 and just over a week ago I got my request for a UH contract (03xx Infantry).

Funny thing about the test, when I was told my score I thought they told me my GT score. It kind of upset me and I started to ask about when or if I could retake the test. Then I was told that was my overall score and I had a 139 GT score and was really relieved because I just finished college and I have really been kicking myself if I didn't do well.

stayfr0sty
08-23-09, 11:06 PM
AFQT Percentile Score: 66
MM: 123
GT: 115
EL: 122
CL: 109

MOS: 5711 for the Reserves

Although recently I've been wanting to switch to Active Duty, just waiting on my recruiter to get back to me

gonzo4
08-23-09, 11:34 PM
ASVAB 93

MOS 46** Combat Camera

MarinesFTW
08-23-09, 11:39 PM
I got a 98 and just over a week ago I got my request for a UH contract (03xx Infantry).

Funny thing about the test, when I was told my score I thought they told me my GT score. It kind of upset me and I started to ask about when or if I could retake the test. Then I was told that was my overall score and I had a 139 GT score and was really relieved because I just finished college and I have really been kicking myself if I didn't do well.

If you got a 4 year degree, go officer!!!! Or at least try to be a Mustang, you got 4 years of college under your belt, why not make the most of it?

Yojimbo
08-28-09, 09:38 PM
AFQT - 98
GT - 130

Poolee Fraser
08-28-09, 09:45 PM
Poolee Fraser, I scored a 64 on my ASVAB. GT score - 106. My MOS is UV security forces and I will be leaving for the Island on January 4th, 2010. Im also hoping to get into a F.A.S.T company

KeiserSosay
08-30-09, 09:28 PM
AFQT: 93
I went open contract so i can leave as early as possible. Just got a call that I have a chance to leave in September for 5811 so hopefully I can get that

OneRadRudeBoy
10-13-09, 06:02 PM
93, Infantry.

Capital M
10-13-09, 07:02 PM
If you got a 4 year degree, go officer!!!! Or at least try to be a Mustang, you got 4 years of college under your belt, why not make the most of it?

Some people (like myself), just aren't ready nor want to handle the responsibility of being an Officer of Marines.

I graduate with a Bachelor's Economics this December and have thought at length about my options availability. I have weighed pros and cons of both routes, and have talked it out with an OSO and the MGySgt of my RS, among others, Marines and civilians. I arrived at the decision to enlist because I don't feel I'm mature enough and don't want to handle the tasks assigned to a 2nd Lt (yet). Does this mean I don't want to be an Officer? No. My end game is to end up as an Officer. Whether it be if I submit an ECP (or whatever it is) after I serve a couple of years and a deployment. Or after I finish my 4 years AD. I just feel I need some time to "do" rather than "command."

A lot of people don't understand that having a college degree, by no means, is the sole qualification to be an Officer, especially a Marine Officer. Most civlians are like "OH you have a college degree doesn't that makes you an officer." or "Do it, the pay is better" People like that **** me off. They don't realize that new Officers will be responsible for Platoons and Companies of Marines. That includes creating training schedules, writing up promotions and NJP's, other administrative things and most importantly: making the decisions will keep your Marines alive. A pretty heavy burden.

It's a lot of stuff that sitting in economic theory courses or any college courses for that matter, won't teach you. For now, I'd rather due the job I'm told to do, however meaningless, tedious, or ridiculous it will be ( as a junior Marine) then handle all that other stuff.

Plus I want to go to Parris Island:)

Endurance89
10-13-09, 07:59 PM
ASVAB=93
MOS=AG Aircrew Hoping against hope for a U- to open up.

Metalhead
10-14-09, 12:36 PM
AFQT: 92
MOS: 0311 Rifleman (I'm a reserve so I can pick my exact MOS)

Twinx
10-14-09, 02:20 PM
AFQT: 82
MOS: AG contract
Ship Date:20100104

Endurance89
10-14-09, 09:17 PM
AFQT: 82
MOS: AG contract
Ship Date:20100104

Aw, to bad your going PI, I would have enjoyed meeting you: same MOS. :D

Capital M
10-14-09, 09:57 PM
Aw, to bad your going PI, I would have enjoyed meeting you: same MOS. :D

expecting to meet a lot of ladies at recruit training? lol

maybe at mos school

Endurance89
10-15-09, 03:55 PM
expecting to meet a lot of ladies at recruit training? lol

maybe at mos school

Hmm, good call, not much time for idle chat.

Also, no, meeting ladies at recruit training was not my intent. And come to think of it, I was wrong either way, I believe the "ladies" still only train at PI.

Maybe at MOS school, as you say.

Underoathed
10-23-09, 12:37 PM
ASVAB - 93
GT - 132
MOS - 0311 Rifleman

Going reserves so that I can leave December 1st instead of August of next year. I plan on switching to an active duty unit after my 6 months of reserve time. We'll see how it all pans out.

iljw
10-27-09, 12:20 AM
99 on the ASVAB. Tried to get counterintelligence but my SSGT said I would have to wait so I went for MP. Shipping 1112010, the wait is hellllllllllllllllllll.

jNut
10-31-09, 01:44 AM
asvab- 79
MOS- Command and control
shipdate- 2 weeks from now!( nov16)

Mulls
11-05-09, 04:09 PM
ASVAB - 94
MOS - UW - Presidential Security, Security Forces Afterwards
Ship Date - June 7th, 2010 (hopefully i can get it pushed forward a few months, I'm not sure I wanna wait that long)

iljw
11-05-09, 08:36 PM
ASVAB - 94
Ship Date - June 7th, 2010 (hopefully i can get it pushed forward a few months, I'm not sure I wanna wait that long)

Trust me you do NOT want to wait that long. I started off thinking 3 months is a good wait. ITS HELL! And now its too late to move it up if I want to keep my MOS. If I were you I'd talk to my recruiter ASAP.

P00LEE
11-05-09, 09:11 PM
honestly, most of the poolees i have met with 90+ asvab scores are going to be or are grunts.
asvab - 78
MOS - 03XX

Endurance89
11-06-09, 12:00 AM
honestly, most of the poolees i have met with 90+ asvab scores are going to be or are grunts.
asvab - 78
MOS - 03XX

I believe something around 40% of the Marine Corps Infantry has an ASVAB of 90 and above.

Source, SSGT Petzold and the internet :D

Poolee Johnson
11-06-09, 07:57 AM
I got a 73 and i'm on a contract for Aircrew/Flight mechanic/Navigator

GDean
11-06-09, 09:35 AM
I took the ASVAB in May and I scored a 97. I was in Security Forces, but a UZ (Reconnaissance) Contract was offered to me in October so of course i switched. I am doing active duty. leaving in 23 days for MCRD SD! Finally!!!

GDean
11-06-09, 09:39 AM
ASVAB - 94

It can happen bro. Mine got bumped up from Dec. 7 to Dec. 1, only a week but it still makes a huge difference to me. but it happened because i switched MOS's.

Mulls
11-06-09, 12:05 PM
It can happen bro. Mine got bumped up from Dec. 7 to Dec. 1, only a week but it still makes a huge difference to me. but it happened because i switched MOS's.

Word, man. I'm not lookin to change my MOS but my recruiter said things open up all the time due to people wussing out and such. Gotta just keep my fingers crossed. I'd go tomorrow if they'd let me...it's too exciting to be six months away. I could give two ****s about Christmas and my birthday, just time warp me to June.

Poolee Sullivan
11-09-09, 11:46 PM
I scored an 88 on the ASVAB. My recruiter got me interested in becoming a crytologist/linguist so I took the DLAB and all that good stuff. I got a 108 on that. [[Hardest test of my life!!]] I passed the physical and all that so I'm just waiting to ship out!!

durtydawg
11-18-09, 01:46 AM
Scored a 93
AG (Air Crew/Flight Mechanic/Navigator) MOS
Trying hard to get an Infantry spot should one come open, but I'm happy with what I've got if it doesn't.

Endurance89
11-18-09, 04:35 PM
Scored a 93
AG (Air Crew/Flight Mechanic/Navigator) MOS
Trying hard to get an Infantry spot should one come open, but I'm happy with what I've got if it doesn't.

I was in the same boat as you. 93 on the ASVAB and an AG contract.

I had a question about what platform I would be on due to my vision (less than 20/100 uncorrected gets loadmaster on C-130), so I called my recruiter. He answered that question, then told me that there were bonus infantry positions available. He put in for a G2 for me. I signed the SOU 2 days later. :D Cloud 9 ever since.

Good luck, and keep talking with your recruiter.

TheRichmondKid
11-18-09, 08:24 PM
I believe I got a 92 on my ASVAB. Shoulda seen my moms face when I showed her my infantry contract.

durtydawg
11-18-09, 11:44 PM
I was in the same boat as you. 93 on the ASVAB and an AG contract.

I had a question about what platform I would be on due to my vision (less than 20/100 uncorrected gets loadmaster on C-130), so I called my recruiter. He answered that question, then told me that there were bonus infantry positions available. He put in for a G2 for me. I signed the SOU 2 days later. :D Cloud 9 ever since.

Good luck, and keep talking with your recruiter.
I keep hearing that people have been able to pick up the Infantry contracts, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks and best of luck to you as well.

USMC Sokol
11-21-09, 11:20 PM
I got a 61 on my ASVAB, which is pretty good for me. I got back to MEPS sometime in December to take another physical test for my MOS (MT)

Walters92
11-25-09, 02:54 AM
I got an 83 on my ASVAB and a 120 on my GT which is what counts for me.

Right now My contract is 0321. I'm a recon wannabe with the drive and dedication it takes to get through the training. Right now I'm a wannabe but in January of 2010 I'll be a recon Marine.

Walters92
11-25-09, 03:17 AM
In addition, i'm not going active. I'm going reserves, which i understand isn't an easier indoc, but more of a chance to get in if you go reserves as opposed to active

durtydawg
11-25-09, 11:30 AM
I got an 83 on my ASVAB and a 120 on my GT which is what counts for me.

Right now My contract is 0321. I'm a recon wannabe with the drive and dedication it takes to get through the training. Right now I'm a wannabe but in January of 2010 I'll be a recon Marine.

Seeing as you wouldn't be able to get all of your training done between now and January, you'll still be a wannabe :p

Capital M
11-25-09, 11:50 AM
Seeing as you wouldn't be able to get all of your training done between now and January, you'll still be a wannabe :p

lol good catch

Capital M
11-25-09, 12:26 PM
P.S. Walters..20090621.. typo? If that were the case you'd be ~end of ITB right now.

Walters92
11-25-09, 02:20 PM
I thought it was year month date, i apologize :0

Boot camp is 13 weeks which puts me at a September graduation, SOI is 52 days which would finish around November pending how long I have leave between boot camp and SOI. BRC has 63 days which would put me at around a January graduation. I believe you're able to call yourself a recon marine after BRC correct? Theres still HALO and scuba schools after that but I was under the impression that when you get your bonus you get your job(after brc)

I'm wanting to be a recon marine but im not some lying wannabee lying about my shipdate

So around January of 2011 ill be a recon Marine if I put in the effort

I accidentally put 2010 in my former post, sincerest apologies everyone!

durtydawg
11-25-09, 02:26 PM
So if you're saying you haven't been to boot camp yet, then you've got your years wrong.

Otherwise, this hurts my head.

Walters92
11-25-09, 02:27 PM
Lol, I just realized the mistake I made, I totally spaced out. 2009 ends in january haha. Yeah I meant ship date 2010 and completion 2011

Capital M
11-25-09, 04:52 PM
Haha that's what I figured. No worries, wasn't calling you a liar.

Here's some info being passed on via PM--
just know that it may not be set in stone like you say. If you pass the RIP, don't be disappointed if you don't class up at BRC right away. You'll have to wait for a class slot to open up... Also, I'm sure it was just a mistake, just make sure you capitlize the M in Marine all the time.

Good luck man, keep up that PT and stay moto, welcome to the site

Walters92
11-25-09, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I'll be training real hard for 6 months. I'm just started getting in the pool. Got 23 minutes treading water, just gotta boost that up to 30 and get better with my strokes. As for the running and pull ups, I think I'll do fine as long as I keep on PTing.

Yeah, it was a typo... but on the flipside of that Marines and especially recon Marines pay attention to detail. No excuses on my part haha.

I'll keep on keeping on until I make it if not at first.

Esposito
11-27-09, 12:47 PM
90 on the Asvab, 129 EL, 125 MC, 124 GT, 120 CL. I have choosen Aviation Electronics Tech for my MOS (Electronics Maintenance, Avionics, Aviation Logistics). Really hoping for avionics, I want to work on the EA-6B but I'm game for whatever the Corps sees fit. Heading to the Island on 20100111!

PFT
10 pull-ups
100 crunches
22 minute 3 miles

TDeCicco
12-01-09, 10:34 AM
I went to MEPs back in july and scored a 78 on the asvab. As of now my MOS is going to be 5811 Military Police. 4 years active duty enlisted, 4 years reserve (Already started on reserve time thanks to DEP!)

Poolee Sullivan
12-01-09, 01:12 PM
Oh you'll be doing training in FLW, Missouri for MP school. You wont like it, trust me lol

durtydawg
12-02-09, 12:53 AM
Haha, nothing in Missouri is exciting.

TDeCicco
12-02-09, 10:35 AM
so i've heard.... 3+ months on an Army base too haha

rts89
12-03-09, 01:40 AM

Infantry contract

ETWilliams0209
12-05-09, 01:22 PM
ASVAB: 97

1371 Combat Engineers

Shipping 20100208 MCRDPI

nicka495
12-09-09, 10:08 AM
I scored a 70, and I am going in as a reservist with MOS 0651, I ship to boot 20100719, I am in school right now, so once i get my degree I hope to become an Officer and switch over it AD.

ETWilliams0209
12-09-09, 03:37 PM
MOS 1371 Combat Engineer, 97 ASVAB

poolee661
12-09-09, 10:48 PM
Embarrassed of asvab 36 MOS 0311

atimmons
12-10-09, 04:36 AM
MOS 5811 MP, asvab 70

MarineCorps0300
12-12-09, 09:35 PM
Scored a big 68.

Infantry 0300 all the way.

Do or Die.

Wanna be a Grunt and go through some deployments then be a Drill Instructor at some point.

jpd002
12-13-09, 12:36 PM
ASVAB score of 87

1371 Combat Engineer (Reserves till i finish school then hopefully switching over to AD)

goldeneye517
12-14-09, 01:00 PM
I'm Poolee Keegan My score on the ASVAB was 85. My MOS is Combat support , artilary. leave for MCRDPI 20100519

xjrgjrgx
12-19-09, 06:04 PM
ASVAB: 75
MOS: 5811 Mp
MCRDSD: 20100222

MikeMorris
12-21-09, 06:17 PM
ASVAB: 57
Future MOS: 0311
Bootcamp: 20100122
IST: 16 pullups
123 situps