PDA

View Full Version : Already took down the Christmas Lights, have you?

Sparrowhawk
01-02-04, 07:01 PM
Already took down the Christmas Lights, have you?

Last night, those no good neighbors of mine, Jack and Dave that always come over and get me drunk, said I shouldn't be lighting up my house anymore with Christmas lights, since the Holidays are officially over.

Well, bright and early this morning I took down my Christmas lights, and I called them to ask when were they going to take down their lights, since its almost time for Easter.

http://www.oldchristmaslights.com/Touch%20The%20Button%20Red%20compressed.jpg

Got to admit, this is the first time, I hadn't waited a full week to take them down, and I just might have started a new tradition, by taking them down right away.

How about you, have you taken your’s down?

firstsgtmike
01-02-04, 07:32 PM
Despite it being changed to be P.C., the Epiphany, "Little Christmas" is still celebrated in many parts of the world on the 6th of January.

As the wise man brought their gifts to the Christ child, I share mine with my children.

My crèche, tree, and lights will be taken down on the 7th of January in a ritual shared with my children.

TracGunny
01-02-04, 07:39 PM
Outside lights came down today; tree/interior decor packing is this weekend. Family tradition has been to stow the Christmas gear the first weekend following the New Year.

As a child, my Mother always stowed the gear after the kids returned to school; something about my siblings and me being harmful to her sanity when she tried to "pack away Christmas" with us under foot...

greybeard
01-02-04, 07:51 PM
I shook the ornaments off the tree into the back of the closet and threrw the tree out the front door. But, I like what I read in firstsgtmike's post, and will try to remember that in the future.

thedrifter
01-02-04, 08:53 PM
I keep up my lights to celebrate 3 Kings Day.....

Phantom Blooper
01-02-04, 09:21 PM
Put everything away except for the Manger scene and candle to celebrate Epithany January 6th.....same thing as 3 Kings Day?

USMC-FO
01-03-04, 05:57 AM
I am in the same camp with "TracGunny" in that everything will come down this weekend. I do like what Top had to say though too, particularly as to how he involves his children. My son got an surprise Christmas gift yesterday, in that he got to pick out his first rifle--little bolt action .22 so I am guessing that he'll want to get in some practice and plink away at the ornments, and get them off that way! We live in MA where any sort of firearm ownership is viewed with great concern and alarm, but I want him to learn to handle firearms properly and to enjoy shooting, so he is feeling pretty special today.

Hope everyone onboard has a safe, healthy and properous 2004 !

Devildogg4ever
01-03-04, 06:40 AM
We usually take the stuff down 2 days after Christmas! My wife puts it up early and by Christmas day I'm seeing colors everywhere! Told my wife it wouldn't be so bad if I was trippin on acid, but I'm not, time to come down!!!