PDA

View Full Version : How does leave/liberty work around Christmas/New Years?

Fig62
08-05-14, 08:32 PM
So Im currently in 29 Palms and next week I start my Basic Electronics Course (Im a 2800). I should be done Around the beginning of November. Im wondering how leave/liberty works around that time. Ive been hearing that theres gonna be a break between my schools to accommodate these holidays as If I wouldnt be starting my secondary school until after New Years. Im not sure if thats but I was wondering if anyone else in my field was here around that time and how it worked for them.

Reaper Guns
08-05-14, 08:58 PM
Im not in your MOS, but I can tell you that it's ALWAYS up to your command. It's called leave and liberty for a reason. Under the UCMJ you only have the right to free time if they say you do. Plain and simple.

josephd
08-05-14, 09:02 PM
depending on where it falls you will probably get a leave block of like a week to get out of there and go home to see family or whatever. keep in mind this is leave not liberty and will count against your accumulated leave.

that is the only input i really have, i am not sure how it really works under student status and all.