PDA

View Full Version : There used to be

Quinbo
07-26-14, 03:21 PM
We at one time had the ability to mentor youngsters interested in joining the Marines. There were a few jibes here and there but it was an important tool for some who went on and were successful.

This site also had a daily meeting room to talk and chat. There was a cancer that caused it to be 3 people chatting.

I would like to see it go back to everyone is welcome.

FoxtrotOscar
07-26-14, 04:20 PM
Unfortunately Q, no one will answer any questions here anymore... And I'm talking the upper levels...:cry:

FoxtrotOscar
07-26-14, 04:23 PM
This site also had a daily meeting room to talk and chat.

I would like to see it go back to everyone is welcome.

A couple of us even said we would shoulder the cost of putting the chat back together, again met with silence...!!!

:sick:

MunkyVsRobot
07-26-14, 04:57 PM
It seems that this place has become a ghost town. I dont know if people have just been driven off, fallen off the internet or what. But before i was a poolee this place was pretty hopping but something has seemed to have fallen off.

FistFu68
07-26-14, 05:31 PM
Yepper I was just thinking about Dave Blaylock a couple mins Ago...Dam the times are a Changing some of them Younger Poolees have prob been in & done a Hitch of 2 already Ice 2 see You Post Sgt.B give the Fam a (HUG) Go Easy Semper Fi

joseywales
07-26-14, 08:14 PM
Seen plenty of folks helping out in ask a marine, but aint seen ol Q there yet. LOL.

m14ed
07-27-14, 02:41 AM
It seems that this place has become a ghost town.

I dont know if people have just been driven off,
fallen off the internet or what.

But before i was a poolee
this place was pretty hopping
but something has seemed to have fallen off.

I would venture saying , most of
the gang that spent hours on here in the
chat room with a crowd of "Poolies"
were using DialUp to get here...
And when Leatherneck went COMMERCIAL
the" Requirements " were raised to get here.

Since then,,
things have only gotten worse. ( IMHO )

I've found a way around using higherpriced Microsoft
by switching to LINUX software, But. Most
of us OldFartMarines, arent that aware of alternatives.

PAGE size, still is a limit to dial-up getting here.

OH,, the chat program has changed.....
and there is a time out limit that isn't worth
fighting with to stay and wait to chat
with the Next visitor....

Ed Palmer
07-27-14, 06:33 AM
I would venture saying , OH,, the chat program has changed.....
and there is a time out limit that isn't worth
fighting with to stay and wait to chat
with the Next visitor....

kinda like making a head call. squat *hi* wipe maybe and run.

joseywales
07-27-14, 06:50 AM
I wish I understood this thread a little better. It doesn't make sense. It says that we used to be able to help out people who wanted to become Marines.
But a lot here still help out In Ask A Marine. Every day. But the OP never does. So its an odd thread

joseywales
07-27-14, 07:27 AM
The edit button severely limits our ability to add to posts, but what I was talking about is this:

"We at one time had the ability to mentor youngsters interested in joining the Marines"

We still do. Its done all the time. Thats why the thread puzzled me so

Baker1971
07-27-14, 08:57 AM
I wish Rocky C would come back along with his over 3 thousand friends here.
Hope he gets his website up and running soon.

This place is a ghost town but we are here hanging in there, hoping for the best.

Joseywales not everyone can participate in certain forums on this site.
There are forums here that some Marines can't even see let alone post in.

I here their is a whole " Headquarters section " just for Moderators and Administrators, and a VIP section.

Is that true FO ?

Phantom Blooper
07-27-14, 09:02 AM
I told you Master Guns...just like the Clintoon Administration...here today...gone tomorrow...never to be heard from again...except behind closed doors.

Baker1971
07-27-14, 09:17 AM
I hear you Bloop.

I read a lot of good scoop in the " War Room ". Glad I got invited in there.

Have a good Sunday my friend.

29palms
07-27-14, 09:22 AM
Well, part of it is when someone gets on here and starts blurting out comments like...."Fill out your profile, or the moderators will get rid of you", or "Boy, you dug deep from some old threads". .....or you may want to post it like this or like that on a private message,.....how do you expect people to feel in here? When it comes to having to comply with something like filling out a profile, which in reality, what difference does it really make? Anyone can fill out a phony profile in the first place. Unless you check dd-214's, you will never know whom is for real and whom is a phony. Start getting static over things like that and threatened to be kicked off, why even bother to come in here? Do you think jumping over to ROCKY wherever that site is will make things better? Why? Will he check dd-214's?

Baker1971
07-27-14, 09:35 AM
That's what I and others heard like a lot of other forums. You will be vetted.

Sounds like you have a problem with the way things should run ?
Do you have something to hide or a personnel problem ?

You sound like a former banned member that someone spoke about in another thread I read about a few weeks ago.

Conch or fatty the ferrett I think it was.

Your new here. Rocky was the best thing to happen to this place. He was a good guy and a good Marine and got along with all the squad leaders. I read just about everything he posted.

Did you even read what happened or his goodbye to everyone ?

Now go get your shinebox....

Great thread Quinbo !!!

29palms
07-27-14, 10:20 AM
i hear a lot of venting on why people are leaving or why people have left, so I gave my two cents. I seem to think that you are part of the problem here and how you treat people here. Is this the way you treated your troops lifer?
And I am no banned member of Conch or fatty, means nothing to me, so quit making accusations.

29palms
07-27-14, 10:23 AM
You may have been a top or earned your rank, but you don't control me here. Your pevious rank here means a hill of beans.

Baker1971
07-27-14, 10:37 AM
Stand down, learn your rank structure, square away your profile and show some respect.

Respect given when respect earned.

BTW, learn how to spell and use capital letters.

Have a nice day and stop crapping on this thread. You didn't give your 2 cents. You vented on someones good name and now mine...

Maybe you need a vacation from the forum. I read your posts. You are not a happy camper here. Go back to Panama.

Old Marine
07-27-14, 10:39 AM
Here we go again. Someone's little feelings got hurt.

Baker1971
07-27-14, 10:42 AM
Kids...

29palms
07-27-14, 10:44 AM
Stand down, learn your rank structure, square away your profile and show some respect.

Respect given when respect earned.

BTW, learn how to spell and use capital letters.

Have a nice day and stop crapping on this thread. You didn't give your 2 cents. You vented on someones good name and now mine...

Maybe you need a vacation from the forum. I read your posts. You are not a happy camper here. Go back to Panama.

You talk about fixing profiles, I don't see much on yours. I don't hear many stories coming from your end, only quick remarks quite a bit of sarcasm. You may have your little circle of friends in here whom may feel comfortable with your sarcasm and humour but I certainly don't appreciate it. I'm through with you. I got you in my ignor list so don't even respond. Bye.

joseywales
07-27-14, 11:56 AM
Calm down 29 Quinbo certainly has access to ask a marine section, all Marines do. My question was why say we USED to be able to help people, when in fact people ARE still helping people? This is like saying people used to be able to go see the Cleveland Indians at home games, when in fact they STILL DO go there.
So why say something usedto be, when it still is?
Its very odd.

Quinbo
07-27-14, 04:56 PM
The site kind of sorted itself out to Marines and not Marines with no gray area. Everyone quit visiting. It was a bad call to put the Morning Z in the Marines only area. I do think some of us went a little overboard tightening up new visitors.

USMC 2571
07-27-14, 05:01 PM
Agreed that Morning Zephyr should have stayed in Open Squad Bay. No reason to have moved it. But....

joseywales
07-29-14, 08:23 PM
No harm in havng left the various zephr threads where they were. They are nice friendly discussions, not to be kept out of the loop of non-Marines. If anything it helped others see the cmararderie that exists, so it was a good "public" thread

Baker1971
07-30-14, 07:46 AM
I guess the ownership disagreed.
Looks like a ghost town in here now.

Phantom Blooper
07-30-14, 08:20 AM
The owner should start a "I don't give a rats azz zephyr" might get quite a few posts and members....Kraft cheese can be a good sponsor for advertising rat cheese.

Baker1971
07-30-14, 05:03 PM
I love that. Start it Bloop :thumbup:

Riven37
07-31-14, 06:42 AM
Gene are you reading and listing ?

Quinbo
08-30-14, 08:42 AM
Rumor has it that Rocky deleted all the threads that he participated in; on his way out the door. If he can't be the quarterback then he is going to take his ball and go home. Very harmful to this site. So our conversation corners are all toast. There was another individual who actually claimed ownership on certain threads. His attempts to restrict who could participate was also harmful to this site.

PJones64
08-30-14, 08:46 AM
If it is just rumor, why are you spreading that rumor around, with no foundation in fact?

29palms
08-30-14, 08:50 AM
Now you're hitting on Quinbo? First me, now him? Agitator.

PJones64
08-30-14, 08:58 AM
I asked him a simple question. Why spread something you know is a rumor? And you come along like you always do, poking your nose in other people's business. What's wrong with you, can't you sit still? Always poking around coming to someones rescue. Hammer3 and advanced just finished chewing you out about that and here you are again.

PJones64
08-30-14, 08:59 AM
You're getting chewed out everywhere you go and you don't think it's YOU?

Phantom Blooper
08-30-14, 09:25 AM
Rumor has it dat' dis' place is turning into a "Peyton Place" .....I heard it through da' grapevine!A rumor is "a tall tale of explanations of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern.
A rumor involves some kind of a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. In addition, some scholars have identified rumor as a subset of propaganda.
Rumors are also often discussed with regard to "misinformation" and "disinformation" (the former often seen as simply false and the latter seen as deliberately false. Rumors thus have often been viewed as particular forms of other communication concepts. just sayin'!

FoxtrotOscar
08-30-14, 09:43 AM
Rumor has it, Da' Bloop wears a tin foil hat....

"Oh.. Wait"...!!!

;)

USMC 2571
08-30-14, 09:50 AM
That ain't no rumor.

m14ed
08-30-14, 09:58 AM
Only way Bloops Hat could look
"prettier" would be to use the
" SundayFunnies " to make it.

29palms
08-30-14, 04:32 PM
I asked him a simple question. Why spread something you know is a rumor? And you come along like you always do, poking your nose in other people's business. What's wrong with you, can't you sit still? Always poking around coming to someones rescue. Hammer3 and advanced just finished chewing you out about that and here you are again.

Phantom Blooper
08-30-14, 05:24 PM
That ain't no rumor. This is true....very true.....I am afraid...very afraid of myself! Dat's da' rumor!

Baker1971
08-30-14, 06:08 PM
Rumor has it that Rocky deleted all the threads that he participated in; on his way out the door. If he can't be the quarterback then he is going to take his ball and go home. Very harmful to this site. So our conversation corners are all toast. There was another individual who actually claimed ownership on certain threads. His attempts to restrict who could participate was also harmful to this site.

Whast a POS you are. Spreading a rumor like that. No wonder you have been banned before.

Arent you the one that had his username changed also because of all the Marines you pizzed off ? Use to be Bulkyker right or close to that ?

Off the wagon again ? I read your posts. You're the one that Marines put on the ignore list. Now I know why for sure.

Did you ever think it was the other way around and the powers that be deleted the threads that he participated in on a regular basis ? Happened to Sgt. Lep and a half dozen or so former Moderators also.

I think you left out to part where Rocky C said goodbye to everyone on the forum when he left. The other Moderators were demoted.

Now go haze yourself !!!

Quinbo
08-30-14, 08:07 PM
Here is a fact Mr Jones.... Rocky left at exactly the same time that all of those threads were deleted and Rocky had Administrative permissions on this site.

29palms
08-31-14, 05:21 AM
Quinbo, I see you have Fort Bragg listed as your location. Do you work on base? I flew into POPE Airfield about a year ago on business. Is it Pope Army airfield or Pope Air Force base or both? I noticed a huge Air National Guard presence there. SF

Quinbo
08-31-14, 08:38 AM
They went through some sort of consolidation about a year ago and I really don't know the particulars. It's still Pope Air Force base butted up against Ft. Bragg. My wife works on base and I work on an Army contract out in town. We don't actually live on post but near it.

29palms
08-31-14, 04:39 PM
Hauled Army troops from Pope to Alexandria, Louisiana last summer. I've gone to Pope twice. Couldn't believe the weapons they have now. Those M-16's look like they shrunk.

m14ed
09-01-14, 02:50 AM
This is true....
very true.....

I am afraid...
very afraid of myself!
Dat's da' rumor!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/image.php?u=3342&dateline=1405435678

Dear Abby- couldn't have
said it better.