PDA

View Full Version : Facebook's Controversial Study

Baker1971
07-02-14, 04:13 PM
Sheryl Sandberg Apologizes Over Facebook's Controversial Study

Facebook is trying to do damage control after it was revealed that nearly 700,000 of its users were part of a psychological study. Not many people "Liked" the news that academics were showing some people more negative posts in their news feeds to see how it would affect them.

Facebook's chief operating officer, Sheryl Sandberg, addressed the controversy on Wednesday while on a trip to Delhi, according to the Wall Street Journal, saying, "This was part of ongoing research companies do to test different products, and that was what it was; it was poorly communicated."

She was meeting with entrepreneurs in India as part of her "Lean In" campaign when she made the comments. Sandberg added, “And for that communication we apologize. We never meant to upset you.”

Baker1971
07-02-14, 04:15 PM
Like I said a million times, YOU don't use Facebook, Facebook uses YOU.
Be careful out there.

irpat54
07-02-14, 04:26 PM
agree, someone needs to get an ass whooping, that is for sure,, I go and give one to the president, but he would probably like it,, the queer bait..

Baker1971
07-02-14, 04:28 PM
Hahahahaha

USMC 2571
07-02-14, 04:42 PM
How about this---having a study done to find out how to stop all studies from being done. Every time you turn around there's some study being done.
So have one more---to find out how to do away with them.

Baker1971
07-02-14, 04:44 PM
I'll have to study that one Dave. Hahahahahaha

USMC 2571
07-02-14, 04:47 PM
Get some government funding, Jimmy...we give away billions to foreign countries, might as well give you some dough to start a much-needed "study". LOL