PDA

View Full Version : Time to say Good-Bye...

Rocky C
06-06-14, 11:05 AM
Morning Brothers and Sisters, Family, Friends.

Todays news; I will be leaving Leatherneck by the weekend. It has been many years now since we have shared here with each other, the good times and the bad times. The job I do here as Forum Administrator takes up at least 4 hours of my day, every day, making sure the forum runs well and everyone is helped that needs it and the jackwagons go bye- bye :)

I don't ask for anything in return and this is not a paid position but in recent months my relationship with the Boss ( Jerry Shaffer ) has gone down hill and I can no longer stand by idle waiting for him to respond to my simple requests that members need some help on certain issues and the forum is not responding well, too slow, hard to log in, post, etc and much too commercial for a lot of members liking and the membership of the forum is leaving.

Maybe he is just too busy with the Leatherneck page on Facebook and this forum will cease to exist, I just don't know so I cannot answer all the members questions because he doesn't communicate with me anymore for months now even though he logs in and reads all the PM's sent to him from me and members of this forum.

The forum doesn't even have a mission statement and our Eagle, Globe and Anchor is nowhere to be found now like it used to be on the homepage. I hope it's not " All about the Money " now and our members are left hanging in the wind. I wish I had the answers...

I have done my best but I guess my best isn't good enough to the point that it is too frustrating for me to see our forum go down hill.

I won't get all teary eyed but I want to say it has been my pleasure to get to know you and share our lives together. I wish you all good health and much happiness.

This is not goodbye as I would never leave a Marine behind nor my Friends and Family. I am in the mid stages of starting my own Marine Corps Community website and I hope it all comes together. I hope to see you all there. I will get word to you if and when it happens.

I don't use Facebook so if it doesn't pan out I will get word out to which Marine Corps Website or related forum I am running.

Now I have to clean out my wall locker here and delete my profile.

I hope you all get to read this before Shaffer deletes it.

Prayers Outbound as always to all in need.

Hand salute !!!

Semper Fi,
Your Friend and Brother,
Rocky

Apache
06-06-14, 02:45 PM
Fair winds and following seas Brother.
Keep us posted

USMC 2571
06-06-14, 02:59 PM
Sorry to see you go, Rocky. I think you've been good for the site. And it's certainly beyond dispute that you put a lot of your time into it.

You have my email address and contact info. Keep in touch. Good luck--and Semper Fi.

Mongoose
06-06-14, 04:14 PM
Rocky, count me in brother, when you get your web-site. You have been a great friend. I'd share a fighting hole with you any day. Take care.

USMC 2571
06-06-14, 04:15 PM
Well said, Mongoose, as always.

HST
06-06-14, 04:39 PM
Wow! Count me in Rock, I'm a mini timer on the net at best but I'm a full time Marine and so are all of my ******* brothers and sisters

irpat54
06-06-14, 05:55 PM
yes Rocky, you can get my e-mail from the site here and I will PM it to you as well, let me know where and when you get your site going, I'll be there..

just checked, I guess I won't PM you since that option is gone now,, bummer

madsox
06-06-14, 07:26 PM
One more sounding off here, anyone who counts Rocky as a friend - message to me and count me in, I'd like to get emails and share phone numbers with all of you. You're my kind of Marines, and I'll be looking for the Rocky wherever he lands too!

pm, email or whatever, if you're reading this far I trust you to have my contact info - Doc, Bloop, Mongoose, Ken, all the rest of ya!

Sempers, always.

Lenny
06-06-14, 07:30 PM
many blessings to you Rocky...thanks for all youve done here keep me posted i will be more than happy to join you on your site

FistFu68
06-06-14, 07:40 PM
GodSpeed GrandPa Go Easy My Friend Semper Fi :iwo:

McT ontheRock71
06-06-14, 07:56 PM
I concur with Andy and the Mongoose. Rocky is a fine example of what Esprit di Corps means. We'll all miss you here.
Semper Fidelis,
Ken

gunner1
06-06-14, 08:22 PM
Rocky;
Best of luck sorry to see you go brother. Keep me informed on your future.
SEMPER FI

SGT7477
06-06-14, 09:08 PM
Will be on your site also Rocky, Semper Fidelis Brother.

Burke7051
06-06-14, 09:28 PM
Sorry to see you go Rocky. I would consider it a privilege to be a part of your new website if you get it up and running. I've always thought Shaffer was kind of shady anyway. Oh well, I wish you nothing but the best brother. Stay in touch. Semper Fidelis.

:marine: DEREK :usmc:

AlwaysWillBe
06-06-14, 10:35 PM
Semper Fi Rocky....
Keep in touch.
Fred.

Lisa 23
06-07-14, 08:00 AM
My big brother Rocky....
I agree 100% with what everyone has already said. You got my phone number, give me a call. I'm right there for ya if you need any help!

Love ya!!!

Semper Fidelis

Zulu 36
06-07-14, 09:41 AM
I'm not thrilled that you're leaving Rocky, but I understand your reasons. You've been a good moderator and you've helped me out on a couple of site issues. Take care and good luck on your site. I'll be happy to join as well

leprechaun9544
06-07-14, 11:52 AM
Sorry to see you "ship out" Rocky, but hope you will let me know about your new site.

chulaivet1966
06-07-14, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Rocky C;956353 I am in the mid stages of starting my own Marine Corps Community website and I hope it all comes together. I hope to see you all there. I will get word to you if and when it happens. [/QUOTE]

Hey Brother Rock.....

I hear ya.
Hope all goes well with your site setup and feel free to let me know also.

Stay tough....fare well weed hopper.

Carry on....

silverdollar
06-07-14, 01:45 PM
Let me know about the new site when you get set-up, what are we supposed to do about our grandson?

charm1110
06-07-14, 03:07 PM
I'm really sorry to see you go brother ! you've helped me so much in the past. let us all know when your website is up and running and I'll be happy to join.

Semper Fi

Tennessee Top
06-07-14, 07:43 PM
Good luck. Will join your new site one it's up and running!

Semper Fi

m14ed
06-08-14, 03:25 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?117634-Time-to-say-Good-Bye

Yesterday, 02:31 PM #19 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?117634-Time-to-say-Good-Bye&p=956444&viewfull=1#post956444)

Chulaivet1966

[QUOTE=Rocky C;956353 I am in the mid stages of starting my own Marine Corps Community website and I hope it all comes together. I hope to see you all there. I will get word to you if and when it happens. [/QUOTE]

Thanks ChuLai,, i never would have seen that if you hadn't posted it.
I'm Glad you did and thank you again...

.................................................. ...........................................

chulaivet1966
06-08-14, 10:50 AM
Thanks ChuLai,, i never would have seen that if you hadn't

No prob...
It was a beefy qualifying post by Rock.
I'm glad his post hasn't been deleted yet (per his original post) and others will have a chance to wish him well.
It's pretty generous to volunteer one's time to moderate a forum.
Things change, shvt happens and people need to move on.

I still do lurk every day but choose my threads carefully ;).

A great day to all....carry on.

hbharrison
06-08-14, 11:32 AM
I do understand Rocky and with you I will follow Brother just let me know where and when. Also you know my e-mail address and I am not that far away.

Semper Fi

rb1651
06-08-14, 01:37 PM
Rocky,

I haven't posted here in quite awhile, as I have never liked the "new look" of Letherneck.com, but I have been lurking in the background. I wish you nothing but the best, and I will be looking forward to your new website.

Best of luck to you, and your new adventures.

pocatellodave
06-08-14, 05:13 PM
Rocky you have supported me every time I needed help!I think I won't be coming back to Leatherneck.com,as my hitch may be up!First my wife went down with a stroke and then this old "Jarhead" has a Gross Hematuria!I served my Country proudly and I would do it again even at 70!I just was trying to keep my wife comfortable!
Semper Fi Brothers and Sisters!
L/Cpl Dave Marine

kaelobo
06-09-14, 06:31 PM
Good luck and GOd bless.

m14ed
06-10-14, 04:03 AM
No prob...

It's pretty generous to volunteer one's time to moderate a forum.

Things change,
shvt happens
and people need to move on.

I still do lurk every day
but choose my threads carefully

;).

A great day to all....carry on.

I know what you're saying.
I'm not so careful on the threads i choose.

BUT I do try not to step in the "CARRVY" though ..

advanced
06-10-14, 07:41 AM
Gonna miss you Rock, I appreciate all the slack over the years that you showed me when I came real close to that pc line. Count me in on the new site, Good luck to you.

pocatellodave
06-10-14, 10:13 AM
Count me in at your new sight Rocky,if the good Lord doesn't want me Guarding the Gates!I'm the squad leader for my wife who had a stroke six months ago!If I go down,I have served my country with pride as a member of the finest fighting force on the planet!I'm not afraid of death,but I hate leaving my wife behind,as Marines aren't very good at leaving anybody behind!My Father's will be done!
L/Cpl Dvid Marine

chulaivet1966
06-10-14, 10:37 AM
BUT I do try not to step in the "CARRVY" though ..

I stay out of the political bull shvt.
I'm far too jaded, cynical and disgusted with much of has gone on and my blood begins to boil.
Hence....I do get your drift with the above reference.:)

Back to topic....

madsox
06-10-14, 03:35 PM
...I'm the squad leader for my wife who had a stroke six months ago!If I go down,I have served my country with pride as a member of the finest fighting force on the planet!I'm not afraid of death,but I hate leaving my wife behind,as Marines aren't very good at leaving anybody behind!My Father's will be done!...

Dave, you just showed in one shot what a good man is. I hope and pray for the best for your wife and for you, brother!

Mongoose
06-10-14, 04:44 PM
Well brothers, all the good we put into certain threads has gone to shet. Along with some good Marines. I'm leaving also.

linda1945
06-10-14, 05:09 PM
Rocky, I'm going to miss you and all of the Marines that I've got to know. Please let me know when you have your new web site up and include me on your list. Always have enjoyed having you around and will miss you dearly. So, it looks like everybody is leaving guess this one is leaving also. Tried to get onto MZ this a.m. and it has disappeared! Has the WR been closed down also? I've enjoyed your company and may God with you always. Love ya! Semper Fi Your Marine Sister Lin
Can find me on Face Book also

ChuckH
06-10-14, 06:00 PM
Don't know what is going on, the war room has only one post. What happened to all the other posts? They were all there this morning!

Hammer
06-10-14, 06:07 PM
Rocky,
as I posted earlier; let me know where, what, when, and I'll be there! You've been a great admin.

m14ed
06-11-14, 02:56 AM
I posted in the WR this am.

and i suggest regular users maintain
their habits ,and continue daily duties
unless they conflict with lawful orders.
or your conscience .

them that want to go outside - hold their breath-
and turn blue, know their own mind.

act like adults.
nobody is making us go to our room