PDA

View Full Version : When kids begin to leave home

Sparrowhawk
12-27-03, 06:31 PM
Got up early this morning, 2:00 am wondering about one of my daughters who is traveling in Europe.

She arrived in London, early this morning, one of my other daughters kept track of her plane flight via flytecomm.com, so it told her where the plane was during the flight time.

Today she’s in London, tomorrow she goes to Amsterdam, and from there she takes a bus to Brussels, then on to Paris where she’ll spend New Years Eve. She’ll be studying abroad, so the following week she begins her studies in London and will be gone for four months.

Kids shouldn’t do that, cause parents to worry. I called her at her hotel room this morning 7:00 am our time, 3:00 pm London time and she had arrived okay, got settled in and said the rooms were small and its all so, so very different.

Reminded me of my trip overseas, so many years ago. How different the oriental people were, their customs, voices, music, food.

Think I’ll go get a passport, just in case she misses us too much. LOL

thedrifter
12-27-03, 06:47 PM
Cook they need to give us a book on how to handle this situation......LOL....Our day will come.....

Haven't had that yet come....into my life yet....When they decided to go to college...they stayed close to home....They said they would miss home.....Really it is all the things I spoil them with.....LOL....Cable TV in their rooms, DVD Players,....You name it it is in their rooms...Hell that is why when they are home they live in their rooms....Only time I see them is when they need food....LOL...and Yes they said soon they will get a fridge for their rooms.....

I might tease them....and ask when are they leaving......but I still get the same answer....They are never moving out....LOL....

Cook you better get that passport ready......She might ask you to come to bring her more money......LOL...

Best to You and the Misses.....

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Phantom Blooper
12-27-03, 08:25 PM
Roger,the kids of today from what I am told and from what I have observed in my own family is you can send them on their way and some may(more than likely) come back. The term I am told isthe "Boomerang Generation" LOL:banana: Gotta love it! Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall:marine: P.S. Cook, I wish your daughter a safe passage. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!