PDA

View Full Version : Some help please

dikatry
12-26-03, 06:51 PM
Hi, I just got out of recruit training on the 19th and since then I have applied for a used auto loan. I figure I need something to drive on my 21 days recruiters assistance and I can start paying it off early. Well, I found a vehicle and got approved for a loan through PMCU, but the say I need a leave and earning statement (which they tell me I can find online) and a PIN number to access it. Naturally, being new to all this, I have no clue where to find my LES and I have no clue at all what my PIN number is or what its for or how to find out what it is.
Could any of you with experience in this area please help me out?
Thanks

Semper Fi

Phantom Blooper
12-26-03, 07:16 PM
There is a link at http://www.usmc.mil for LES's at the present time that site is down. Can't find that call your recruiter would be my suggestion. S/F Chuck Hall:marine:

dikatry
12-26-03, 08:01 PM
thanks for the help

CPLRapoza
12-26-03, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't give them your pin number, there's no need for them to have it. Besides you don't have a pin number yet. Yopu have to send away for it and that could take sometime. You should have got an LES when you left bootcamp.

dikatry
12-26-03, 08:28 PM
would it be in my SRB? What does it look like?

greybeard
12-26-03, 09:22 PM
I would think they would be able to figure out how much you make on their own. Military payrates for people right out of bootcamp aren't a national security issue. When I was on active duty, loan institutions knew more about my pay rates than KC did.

Doc Crow
12-26-03, 10:18 PM
Something to think about is maybe your parents or a relative can co-sign if you can not find or obtain your LES