PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

LONEEAGLE
12-26-03, 08:18 AM
:qmark: I'd like to know or get some idea's about the latest hoo-rah over the display of Christian belief's, prayer, as portrayed in the liberal media....

Sophora
12-26-03, 08:50 AM
I believe that this country was founded with the idea of Freedom OF religion, Not freedom From religion. People can believe what ever they want. If a public display of religious significance to a group of people contradicts with another groups belief system, they should just pay it no mind. They have the right to display their own.

This liberal hoopla has mainly been aimed at Christion symbols, maybe because such a large percentage of our country are of the christian persuasion. It is the first major attack on our Freedom of Religion, and every group best look out. The ACLU will sue Jewish groups over the Star of David, Buddests, over Budda, etc. etc. etc.

They have the right to not believe, but they don't have the right to keep me from my beliefs, and the visual represtations.

LONEEAGLE
12-26-03, 09:12 AM
Please, Sophora, fill out my survey questionaire....I also like what you wrote....Thank you.

Sophora
12-26-03, 09:32 AM
OOps knew I forgot to do something.

LONEEAGLE
12-26-03, 09:37 AM
No Problem.....anyone replyin' please fill out survey too Okay? Thanks.
Marines/Corpsman/guests, I feel have always been believer's. And if wasn't for this, this site wouldn't even be here....
In "GOD WE TRUST."

Tom D
12-26-03, 11:47 AM
Is it any wonder this country is in such bad shape spiritually? The ACLU,liberals, etc. just want to be so secular.

FMFgrunt
12-26-03, 12:09 PM
I believe in Religious Freedom and SEPARATION of Church and State.

None of your selections comply with my sentiments Marine; so You get only the comment.

Semper Fidelis, God, Country and Corps

LONEEAGLE
12-26-03, 07:05 PM
FMGRUNT......Thank you for you comments.....I too believe in it....apparently you aren't watchin' to close about "CHRISTIANS", not "OTHER RELIGIONS." But I respect your opinion, and respect your right to give it. God Bless. The Eagle.....

greybeard
12-26-03, 09:05 PM
I'm kinda like FMGRUNT. Not enough choices in the poll for me.
Our founding fathers' biggest worry was the formation of a single national religion, and it being forced upon Americans, just as the Church of England forced it's belief on all of the British Empire. England was open to criticism, redress, or variance when it came to this subject. This is what I think they had foremost in mind when they penned the 1st ammendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It prevents the creation of a natl religion, and leaves open the opportunity and right for individuals to practice their religion as they see fit. Not all of the signers of the Declaration of Independance, or the writers of the first versions of the constitution were religious or Christians.

Our Country was formed on Christian beliefs-maybe-sort of.
Agree with open prayer, schools, sporting events I agree that individuals, and/or individual groups should have the right to pray openly-anywhere. No one, however, should be forced to do so.
Are Christians now being persecuted Not as such, in the vein of the historical meaning of persecution. But, it does appear to be heading in that direction.
Is our Country rollin' down hill like a snowball headed for hell? Economically? Spiritually? Militarily? Patriotiacally? As a whole the country is sound, with the largest proportion of the populace still supporting the Federal Govt, the Constitution, and the U.S. Dollar. That largest proportion is also quite silent, and as such, has allowed a minority opinion to come to the forefront and get their way. It is only in the individual pespective that morals are eroding, and resulting increase in crime is both accepted and ignored. This is in a percentage of the population, and is still quite low, tho very vocal.

LONEEAGLE
12-27-03, 05:58 AM
Thank ya'll for replying to this. I appreciate it.
I got good results out of two parts of my pole....Good enuf fer me. Moderator? I would ask that this thread, poll be removed asap, as, people want to nitt pick, and there's the elite 10%ers, who just have to ruin it for everyone...Not that I don't respect their rights to their opinions, it was a poll, not a ****in' contest...
The Eagle is gone, ESAD

firstsgtmike
12-27-03, 06:15 AM
Big Eagle,

Creating a poll is a work of art.

To be perfect, the results should be listed as:

YES.

Yes, but.

No , but,

NO.

Creating one, that could evoke a legitimate response and fit realistic parameters requires that the answer to one of those suggested responses MAY invoke more questions than the responder is able to handle.

I've learned to live with a "NO, but HuH?", and a "Yes, but "HUH?"

I ignore the "HuH?", because it means they never looked at or ever consdered a response that required thinking.

The question was valid. The responses were too limited.

thedrifter
12-27-03, 06:27 AM
BigEagle6

If you want me to remove I will.....but We have to understand We do Respect all opinions....You will get responses that causes more questions...that might not agree with your poll....As long as they have a valid answer...without causing problems....There voices should be heard.....

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

LONEEAGLE
12-27-03, 06:36 AM
Okay, drifter, let 'er rip...I ain't afraid of anybody's opinion or thoughts, comments, I just didn't want to stir up a hornets nest. Keep it on, and " EVERYBODY " go head on, and let me know whatchaya think, even if ya only want to vote, or only if you want a summation.....I respect all, God Bless. Thanks Drifter. Big Eagle out.

greybeard
12-27-03, 09:42 AM
Dis-regard my comments then. I've exceeded the 360 min limit on editing my post and have asked the moderator to delete it. Sorry for the confusion, but I see no way to tell if I'm casting a yes/no-agree/dis-agree vote.