PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on Henry D. Halloway d.o.b. 1939

cwo5acmataro
03-20-14, 10:41 AM
Henry served as a USMC Officer and retired after 25 years of service.

mhalloway
04-09-14, 08:55 PM
Hi cwo5acmataro.

My wife was searching for my dad's address to mail a card and came across your thread post in a Google search.
My dad is Henry D. Halloway. He served in the Marines for 28 years. Started as a Private out of San Diego boot camp and retired as a Major. He served 3 tours in the Viet Nam war. He was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart for actions and injury during the first tour. His last duty station was MCDEC in Quantico. He is alive and well and lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I'm not sure if he is the guy for whom you're seeking info but if so...

cwo5acmataro
04-09-14, 09:07 PM
Hi,
Thank you so much for responding. I served in the "Corps" for 25 years, started off at Parris Island, decided to go Warrant Officer and lost all but my Dress Blues and a few other of my uniform items in a storage fire. My Mameluke sword resembled a pretzel by the time it was all over. Needles to say I was heartbroken and have slowly but surely started to replace all my "lost gear" and was fortunate enough to come across a Mameluke sword on ebay, and low-and-behold it was your Dad's. I am hoping and praying to God that your Dad sold it...... If all was legal I would love to show him a picture or 2 or 3 of how it looks now after I almost completely dismantled it to clean it, it looks like the day he bought it. I am sorry to hear about the death of your Mother, my belated condolences.

Respectfully,
Anthony Mataro
CWO5 USMC Retired

mhalloway
04-10-14, 11:17 PM
Hi Anthony.

I wondered why you might have been seeking info about my Dad. It didn't occur to me that you might have come across his sword (as you know, it has his name etched on the blade). Unfortunately, no, my Dad did not sell his sword. It was one of his prized possessions that was stolen from his house last November just after Thanksgiving while he was in Florida. It was stolen along with other USMC memorabilia, including his Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals.

I appreciate your honor and integrity in disclosing you acquired it. I am positive he would be interested in getting it back. I will gladly pay you whatever you paid for it on Ebay plus a finders fee to see it returned to him. Would you consider selling it back to us? Please let me know.

Sincerely,
Mark Halloway
Son of Major Henry D. Halloway, USMC Retired

cwo5acmataro
04-11-14, 09:58 AM
Please respond to me directly at *********

Do it by PM.

No personal contact info on an open forum.
I just said it in the above post.

Thank you.
Rocky

m14ed
04-12-14, 03:30 AM
I hope you Marines Excuse Rocky.
his intentions are honorable ...

site rules you know,, gives him a reason
to wake up in the mornings if nothing
else hits his fancy....

LEFT Click user names that appear to the left
cwo5acmataro
(http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?109998-cwo5acmataro) mhalloway

OR either of those and you will see

then click either PM OR EMAIL ???

IT isn't obvious...Just a heads up

SemperFidelis Marines
(http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?110277-mhalloway)

guitarzan
05-18-14, 10:38 AM
Someone claiming to be a Cwo5 Mataro contacted me through email wanting to buy one of my old uniform items I have listed online. I tried searching his last name on MOL and no one by the last name Mataro has retired from the Marine Corps. He won't respond to my emails anymore however I would avoid this gentleman.

Rocky C
05-18-14, 06:13 PM
Sent you a PM and no response so I will post it here.

Please PM me with more info on this matter.

Thank you.

cwo5acmataro
05-19-14, 09:41 AM
Until you know everything about me little boy, be careful what you claim and post on here or any other website about people you do not know personally, what they did for their country or legal ways to change one's last name due to the things done while serving! As far as your Daddy's cover, he should have never given it to you, only real men are allowed to wear them, real men like your Dad and me! And as far as me not returning your emails, I blocked you from that website, tired of your complaining about how Daddy blew you off, I see now why he did! Take that cover and put it where most other men of your persuasion stiff their genitals, up your ass!

advanced
05-19-14, 12:12 PM
Until you know everything about me little boy, be careful what you claim and post on here or any other website about people you do not know personally, what they did for their country or legal ways to change one's last name due to the things done while serving! As far as your Daddy's cover, he should have never given it to you, only real men are allowed to wear them, real men like your Dad and me! And as far as me not returning your emails, I blocked you from that website, tired of your complaining about how Daddy blew you off, I see now why he did! Take that cover and put it where most other men of your persuasion stiff their genitals, up your ass!

I guess we now know how he really feels.

cwo5acmataro
05-19-14, 02:29 PM
I do not take lightly when some little boy starts lying and running his mouth about things he has no knowledge nor business about! He has issues because his Daddy doesn't love him anymore. This is all over the fact that I did not want to buy his Daddy's Campaign Cover! Facts first, run your mouth after.....

irpat54
05-19-14, 03:03 PM
Someone claiming to be a Cwo5 Mataro contacted me through email wanting to buy one of my old uniform items I have listed online. I tried searching his last name on MOL and no one by the last name Mataro has retired from the Marine Corps. He won't respond to my emails anymore however I would avoid this gentleman.

I checked your profile,, how can you have enlisted in the Corps in 2003 and still be in and still be only an E-1?? that makes no sense.. and to have joined this site in May, hmmm something is a miss here..

cwo5acmataro
05-19-14, 03:09 PM
He claims to be in the Corps, says his Daddy was a HAT at PI and he is trying to sell his Daddy's Campaign Cover on BOOKOO. That is where I had the misfortune of running in to him. Everything about this little boy Profile and all is BS. I was just talking with a Marine who remembered me as a RSO at PI, remembers having to memorize my rank and last name..... WOW!

Rocky C
05-19-14, 05:16 PM
Until you know everything about me little boy, be careful what you claim and post on here or any other website about people you do not know personally, what they did for their country or legal ways to change one's last name due to the things done while serving!

Anthony. I do not understand your statement here and your statement in your post # 13 about a Marine remembering your last name at PI.

Did you or did you not change your last name as you claim in the above statement ? Please advise as their is no info on you anywhere under your current name.

I am waiting for the other 2 members to respond to my PM's before I lock this thread.

I did receive all of your PM's and your requests.

Thank you.

cwo5acmataro
05-19-14, 05:38 PM
Rocky,
You are going to have to excuse me but the Inquizitions ended centuries ago.... As far as I am concerned this conversation is over and what I have done legally is at this point none of your ****ing business. Get over yourself.

mhalloway
05-19-14, 09:59 PM
Rocky: I replied to the private message you sent.

To all other readers: I wasn't in the Marines and don't know CWO5 Tony Mataro personally. I know Tony through interactive posts on this website, emails, text messages and phone calls. All of these were based on a post from Tony asking for info about my Dad. When I responded, Tony admitted that he had bought my Dad's USMC sword on e-bay. He didn't have to disclose that he had the sword but he did. When Tony found out the sword had been stolen back in November he agreed to return the sword. Again, he didn't have to return it. He purchased it legally and could have kept it but Tony had the honesty to admit he had it and the integrity to return it. He kept his word to me. He returned it. I gave my Dad his sword back a couple Saturdays past. From my experience, Tony Mataro is truthful person who keeps is word. I have no reason to doubt his service to our country. I thank him and all other Marines (Navy, Air Force, and Army too) for the service and sacrifice because I know and understand that freedom isn't free.

Rocky C
05-20-14, 10:18 AM
Thank you for your PM and of course it will remain between us.

Thank you also for your feedback to the other members.

Best of luck to you and tell your Dad I said " Semper Fi ".