02-09-14, 06:22 PM
I know this is long, but it's worth reading..... <br />
&lt;VAR id=yiv8430123030yui-ie-cursor&gt;&lt;/VAR&gt; <br />
<br />
&lt;VAR id=yiv8430123030yui-ie-cursor&gt;&lt;/VAR&gt; <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Consumers beware of about fake texts from funeral...

Rocky C
02-09-14, 06:26 PM
Thanks Lisa. Great post.

I Google all missed calls that are unknown to me.

Lisa 23
02-09-14, 06:34 PM
Whether it's the house phone or cell phone, any number I don't recognize, I don't answer.

ameriken
02-10-14, 11:29 AM
Do the same thing myself Lisa, I also get inundated with spam emails and if I don't recognize the sender, I don't bother opening it.

My mom always answered every single phone call thinking it might be something important and she used to complain how sick and tired she was of someone trying to sell some kind of garbage. Had to tell her that if she doesn't recognize the #, don't answer. If it's important they'll leave you a message.

Less stress for her now. ;)

leprechaun9544
02-11-14, 11:50 AM
We have made a habit of not answering any calls that come up "Unknown", "Out of Area" or with a number or caller ID that is not familiar to us. We figure that if perhaps it is someone we know, or an "important" call, they will leave a voicemail, and we can choose to return it or not. We also installed "Call Control" app on our cellphones which automatically blocks spam calls, or numbers we designate to be blocked. As an added tip...NEVER answer or return any call with an area code of "268"....that is one of those Caribbean scams.

Rocky C
02-11-14, 04:02 PM
:thumbup:

elliscraig12
02-11-14, 04:52 PM
Keep your phone safe <br />
How to protect yourself from wireless threats <br />
<br />
<br />
Malicious software is a real threat <br />
<br />
Last year, 5.6 million smart-phone users experienced undesired behavior on their phones...