PDA

View Full Version : MOL/Marine net question

vero87
01-27-14, 10:00 PM
Good evening all:

I recently just checked into my reserve unit a week ago. My platoon Sargent passed some info and told me to update my MOL with my current unit and my current address. I was able to update my address but can not find anywhere to update my unit. Anyone know how to update it or does admin have to do it.

Also on my Marine Net military info it has my address back at 29 palms and unit as comm school. Has anyone been able to change their own info or would this be another admin thing.

I would love to update my Marine Net asap because I'm trying to order some MCIs and it has the address my Marine Net has, and it will not let me change it.

Thanks all!

josephd
01-27-14, 11:13 PM
All you can do is update your RED(record of emergency data) aka. your own personal address and phone number on MOL. When you checked into your unit the admin staff should automatically be updating you with their unit/ruc number, that is not your responsibility.

MarineNet information is verified off of MOL, if you're up to date on MOL it will(eventually) update on there too. If it doesn't you will need to call the help desk hotline 800 number to have them fix it.

The MCI website you can change your mailing address in order to order and receive the MCI testing materials. If it says you can't for whatever reason, you will need to call them also and tell them you're a reservist and they can change it so you can be sent what you need.

It is Sergeant not Sargent!!

Your Platoon Sgt. should know better than to just tell you to get this done, he or another NCO/senior Marine should be there to guide and help you do any sort of this administrative stuff

vero87
01-28-14, 12:18 AM
Woops my apologize on miss spelling Sergeant completely spaced out there. Anyway thanks for the response! I will make some calls tomorrow and try to update my address. Ill use my chain of command and fix my MOL problem, Im going to work on getting my address fixed on MCI's site so I can start doing them.

drubdu
08-05-15, 09:03 AM
I am expecting PCS orders via MOL but I am not sure where to check. Is there a specific place where I can find them?

Marine1011
08-05-15, 09:33 AM
You may have to wait awhile for a response on a year and a half old thread, but be patient.