PDA

View Full Version : Have question about checking in first duty station Camp Pendleton

mike16333
01-22-14, 07:21 PM
Hello I'm a PFC that's about to graduate MOS school. My PDS is Camp Pendleton. I got married and already did everything with S-1 and receive BAH. My question is what most like will occur when i check in. Will they give me PTAD right away or when will they ; to move and search for a home???

m14ed
01-23-14, 02:40 AM
PFC...
Let me get this straight..

You expect time off from duty
to find a home for your wife ???

Failla
01-23-14, 03:34 AM
I haven't been enough places myself to give you a "for-sure" answer, and I'm betting not every command does it the exact same. However, the way I've seen it work is that upon arrival on station you will complete your check-in process, completing all record transfers, meeting all necessary members of your chain, etc. After however many days that takes at your command, your PTAD should be able to be approved. Where I am, turning in a completed check-in sheet back to S-1 is literally the ticket to be able to have PTAD approved; admin would laugh at you if you asked for it before having check-in finished. So, like I said, I can't be certain that it's the same between commands, but that would be my best guess and pretty much what I'd expect.

Of course, this will all be up to what exactly your command's schedule might look like. It's possible that if you all are going to the field in a week, and they decide they're throwing you right in and you're going, then that's what it will be. Though I hope they wouldn't, as I'm sure you don't want your wife just staying at the hotel that whole time.

Best of luck at your new duty station.

mexbearlll
01-23-14, 08:08 AM
During MY time in,You would look for housing during Your time off from work. Checking-in always come frist. They now give You time off from work to house hunt, wow times have sure changed in 31 years.