PDA

View Full Version : Reserve enlisted to officer process; feedback, suggestions

Rabbitt
01-16-14, 12:06 AM
Greetings,

I am reserve marine with the 0321 MOS, lcpl. I am a student at University of Georgia, majoring in business and Mandarin language, and have been considering taking my role in the Marine Corps to higher levels of leadership. It is not something that I have considered for the first time, as I actually was rewarded the NROTC scholarship my senior year in high school for UC Berkeley, which unfortunately took a turn for the worst when I had anticipated using it for Stanford or Georgia Tech, and never actually applying for UC Berkeley. Nonetheless, my full ride was waitlisted for Stanford and GA Tech, and I subsequently was never able to use it. I then enlisted reserve marine corps and completed Basic Reconnaissance Course as an honor graduate, and am now trying to decide what my next best course of action consists of. I love to lead, whether it be militarily, in business, or on the wrestling mat.

I currently have a 3.9 GPA in college, a 300 PFT and CFT, and I work security while going to school at UGA. I know I may have a competitive chance, however I am unaware as to whether what route to go, or how to make something happen at this point. Am I eligible to reapply for the NROTC although I was already awarded it? Is there an officer program specifically for marine enlisted reservists? Again, I know I should conduct my research before hopping onto a forum, however I feel that marines on here will be able to give me better advice and objective responses better than an officer recruiter or a website.

Thank you,

Rabbitt

Changster
01-16-14, 06:17 AM
It's called the RECP program for a reserve enlisted. Google it up and it'll walk you through the process. You may want to look into the AR (active reserve) program down the road also....it's where a reservist can go full time active duty at reserve locations. 0321 with good education....good on ya!