PDA

View Full Version : FALL IN

wrbones
08-31-02, 09:29 PM
Fall in assemble in the chat room NLT 19:30 nightly!

First one in who's late gets Mess duty fer 30 days! Last one get guard duty for 90 days! The rest of you jugheads don't wanta know what I got in mind for everyone else! Be there!

FALL IN

Barrio_rat
09-01-02, 03:16 AM
Sorry for being late, sir! No, no excuse, sir! I do have a reason... Yes, she was purty. Got a strawberries on my knees. Got a little banged up when her boyfriend and brother showed up. Yes, sir.. I was able to walk away. Had to go back though, my ID fell out of my pants. Yes, sir.. got it right here! No, sir.. won't lose the tooth, it's just a little lose is all and some ice will make the eye look better by morning.

One question... Sir, are we allowed guests while on guard duty?

;)

wrbones
09-02-02, 07:30 PM
I'll give you<B>LATE!<B> Why we've made special accomodation just for people like you in my Marine Corps, RAT!

Give me FIFTY! NOW! and when ya get done with that, why you're cordially invited to go on a head detail! AND JP-5 and gunpowder are not cleaning agents in a Marine Corps head!

The rest of you ....MARINES....are invited to fall in at the chat room....ANY OL' TIME YOU PLEASE!

Se ya there folks!

Barrio_rat
09-02-02, 09:47 PM
I want you to know, bones.. I only call you sir, not because of your rank, that would be disrespectful, but because of your age. I was always taught to respect my elders.

Now, on to this punishment thing... ahhh, she's got a friend... ;)

DEP_Walker
09-02-02, 09:59 PM
Why would it be disrespectful to call another Marine of the same rank (Your Corporals right?) sir? I'm not a Marine YET so I don't know some stuff and am in the process of learning.

Barrio_rat
09-02-02, 10:17 PM
WRBONES and myself are both former Sergeants (E-5). At least ya put us in the catagory of NCO... Anyway, Sir is reserved for, usually but not always, Officers (Lt - 0-1 thru Gen 0-10), Drill Instructors and Tops. The last depends on the Top (E-9). Sometimes ya might use it for SSgt's, Gunny's, Master Sgt's or 1st Sgt's, and I have yet to know of a SgtMaj who would chew yer butt for calling him 'sir.' A Sergeant is just that, not a Sarge or E-5... He's a Sergeant, he earned it, ya should call him as such. Same goes for the Staff Sergeants. Gunnery Sergeants usually accept the term Gunny as it is a Marine Corps tradition that dates back to the era of WWI (perhaps earlier). Tops are always Tops. Way back when, they were called Top Sergeants. The term stuck while the name of the rank has changed. Ya don't go callin someone of the same rank as you 'sir', unless you got reason behind it. My reason is to bug, bones.. friendly like, in the Corps.. well.. let's just stick to the possitive on this course of instruction. Hope this cleared stuff up for ya. SF and ask all the questions ya want. If you plan to go in, it's good to have yer poop squared away when ya hit the deck.

Carry on...

DEP_Walker
09-02-02, 10:40 PM
Oh I am going in, im in the DEP program (hence the DEP on my name) and I ship June 3rd, 3 days after I grad from HS. Im going Infantry but from there im going to be a Scout Sniper. Ive got a few things down, im starting to get a little better with the rank structure but its not all there and the weapon :D......I can rip it apart and put it together blindfolded in around 2 minutes, I love that weapon, cant wait to qualify Expert (cause I will). Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

Barrio_rat
09-02-02, 11:34 PM
First of, good for you and welcome aboard. I know I can say for most all in this chat room, it will be a pleasure to call you Marine! We look forward to it. If yer going infantry, ain't a damn thing wrong with that, do it and do it well! As the famous and once commanding gerneral of the Army, Gen Persing, once said.. the most dangerous weapon in the world is a Marine with a rifle. But if yer going infantry, you'll spend a good part of yer first year calling most everyone you see with two chevrons or more, sir. LOL If not, they'll let you know. Best to err on the side of reason though. Showing respect won't land you in hot water. For the rifle range, I'll tell you what my dad told me. He's the one that taught me to shoot and the Marines taught him. He said to me, forget all you know. They know more. They do it all the time and they do it better than anyone else. Learn from 'em and keep an open mind, then you will get the expert. Good luck to you, I'm sure you will do well.

wrbones
09-02-02, 11:54 PM
If you think I'm old, DEP Walker thinks YER old! LOL. Man, if we gotta stop and expain our jokes line by line.....LMAO.

Corporals! LMAO Poor bastard's got a lot to learn! LOL. That's ok, kid. If yer sincere, we'll be glad to do what we can! LMAO

Ploft
09-03-02, 10:44 AM
Hey if your old and Rat is old whats that make me????????????

Ploft

wrbones
09-03-02, 12:28 PM
...one of the village elders maybe....

I mean...it makes you a very wise man!

Static_Sky
09-03-02, 12:33 PM
cocky little bugger ain't he (reminds me of someone a while ago) ;)

Ploft
09-03-02, 02:52 PM
Old Wise Man Once Said

PAY BACK IS A *****

LMAO:banana: :banana:

DEP_Walker
09-03-02, 04:40 PM
Ya, after you corrected me on your actual rank I remembered the cross rifles before another chevron thing....or somethin like that.

Actually I dont have to worry about forgetting everything I know when it comes to being taught to use the M16 cause I have never actually shot a rifle let alone a gun so ya, ill be as green as you can get.

Barrio, I dont want to be called a Marine in these forums till after I have gone through training, im not a Marine till I go through what ya'll have gone through.

Static_Sky
09-03-02, 05:14 PM
bud don't worry bout bein called Marine yet, they won't :) you lucky SOB you get to leave before me you goin to "hollywood" or PI?

DEP_Walker
09-03-02, 05:24 PM
"hollywood"?? Im not sure what you mean by that but if you mean San Diego then ya, im goin to "hollywood"

8th&I Marine
09-03-02, 05:25 PM
Sorry devil dogs i have been UA for the past few days. I have been out hunting with my father, brother and nephew so i will be present tommrow. SF

cantrell

Static_Sky
09-04-02, 02:00 PM
"Hollywood" is San Diego

LadyLeatherneck
09-05-02, 09:49 AM
DEP Walker: Love your signature. That's an awesome graphic
Devil Pup. Good Luck in bootcamp!

DEP_Walker
09-06-02, 12:50 AM
Thanks Lady, wasnt sure if people were gonna be able to read the words but I guess ya'll can.

devilpup2B
09-06-02, 04:29 PM
Exactly 8 months from today, I'm going to become "DEP Walker." Scary thought. :) What state are you from? Southern Cali here.

~Morgan

wrbones
09-06-02, 08:46 PM
<B>JUST DO IT</B>

FALL IN !!!!!

Barrio_rat
09-07-02, 12:31 AM
Bones, deep down... we all know yer just a softy. So, when did you put yer pack on? Remember, yer talking to a fellow winger here... We all know, the only reason we fall in is to take roll and get on with the beer call! So get with it already and break out the keg! LOL

wrbones
09-07-02, 01:50 AM
...Sorry to disapoint ya, brother! Wasn't no beer call on my watch til the job was done! Of course then it was anything goes! I even kicked the barracks ***** out when it was my watch there, too! ;) Gettin' soft, huh? Older slower and shakier, but ain't **** soft here Marine! I just care about my people!

Somewhere along the way, the damndest thing happened....you folks became my people! I can't figure out what's wrong if ya ain't tellin' me, so you folks get yer butts to chat once in awhile! :D

Don't make me come lookin' for ya!

wrbones
09-13-02, 08:46 PM
<B>NOW</B>