PDA

View Full Version : IST - A Heads Up!

jared1987
01-09-14, 10:55 AM
Good morning, fellow Poolees,

I spoke to my recruiter last night, and was informed that currently, poolees are having their ship dates moved back if their IST scores reflect performance that hovers just above the minimum requirements.

MEANING: If you are just BARELY passing your IST, your ship date can be pushed back, up to several months.

We should all know what happens if one FAILS the IST, but if not already, you should be pushing yourself as hard as possible to get in the best shape you can, not slacking off once you can knock out a 13 min 1.5 miles.

However hard you're pushing, push harder!

CallumChicago
01-09-14, 11:14 AM
Yeah this is very much true. As far as I understand each recruiting HQ has different standards. But they usually are above that of the minimum IST standards.

Where I am in the Chicago RSS it's a 12:30 for the run, 5 pullups, and somewhere in the 60-70s for crunches.

It's a good idea though. I feel like the IST minimums really wont be a good indicator for someone to enter Boot. At least this way you're above the minimums.

jared1987
01-09-14, 12:11 PM
Considering the average age of recruits, I would agree that passing the IST is not that difficult. On my first official test, I completed 8 chin-ups, 62 crunches, and ran the 1.5 miles in 12:02 -- and that was while recovering from a twisted ankle.

However, while there are a few IST super-stars at my recruiting station, maybe one third to half of the poolees couldn't complete the run in time.

@CallumChicago: When do you ship?

CallumChicago
01-09-14, 01:51 PM
In 18 days!