PDA

View Full Version : Politicization of our Corps

josephd
01-02-14, 08:16 PM
Read

http://joeforamerica.com/2013/12/marine-corps-you-cant-have-both/

josephd
01-02-14, 08:19 PM
Things like this along with the females PFT standards, females in CA MOS', and numerous other things going on in the Corps(reserves and active)....the reason I, as well as many others, have no interest in continuing our Marine Corps careers.

Sad

crazymjb
01-03-14, 09:58 AM
The good thing about commandants, is love them or hate them, their tenure in that position generally isn't very long. Based off what I have read about the handling of this case, I can say I am very disappointed. That said, these guys made a very stupid call filming it. However, if you destroyed every Marine for a stupid call... well I guess we'd be left without much of a Marine Corps... Or a bunch of POGs ;) These guys should have been ninja punched at worst.

On the issue of women in CA, I don't think it's a great idea to have women in CA jobs other than FET, but if that's really the deciding factor in your staying in or not that's kinda sad. The bottom 10% of male grunts would probably be outdone by many women... Not a reason to have women in CA, but evidence that they won't devastate the field in the small numbers in which they do arrive.

The worst part of the Marine Corps always has been and always will be the upper level politics. This will get worse as we transition to peacetime, which is why I can definitively say I'm no lifer, but may hangout for a little while.

Mike