PDA

View Full Version : I need a thought on this (Not sure if this is on topic)

Jarhead117
12-20-13, 05:12 PM
Hello Leatherneck Community, I am a civilian who is looking to join the Marines this time next year, but in the meantime, a few veterans and friends wanted to make a group based off the Marine Corps way of life, and teach our youth the values, history, basically the way of the Marine Corps (I kind of find the Young Marines to not be the "best" out there), but one problem remains, I'm afraid if we are to use the EGA, we need some sort of license, how do I obtain such license?

Regards,
N. Rodriguez

Rocky C
12-20-13, 06:27 PM
This Forum endorses the " Young Marines ". You should see what they are really about by clicking on the link at the top of the page, far right.

As for the " EGA " it's not going to happen for you and your group.

The Marine Corps will object to a substantial or significant use of any USMC insignia, including any use that implies any official or unofficial connection between the Marine Corps and you/your company, especially within your logo or branding strategy.

For example, the USMC would object to a company logo that is based around or otherwise incorporates the Eagle, Globe and Anchor (EGA) emblem, and would request that such a logo be modified to remove the EGA.

The bottom line is that USMC insignia should not be the centerpiece of your branding efforts since, in our view, that will create the impression that you/your company are affiliated with or endorsed by the USMC in some way.

Specifically, Section 765.14 of Part 32 of the Code of Federal Regulations (cite as 32 CFR 765.14) notes that "requests from civilian enterprises to use or imitate the Marine Corps emblems, names, or initials will ordinarily be approved where use or imitation merely provides a Marine Corps accent or flavor to otherwise fungible goods.

Disapproval, however, usually may be expected where such use or imitation reasonably would imply any official or unofficial connection between the Marine Corps and the user; tend to create the impression that the Marine Corps or the United States is in any responsible for any financial or legal obligation of the user; give the impression that the Marine Corps selectively benefits the particular manufacturer, commercial entity, or other user, as in displaying the Marine Corps emblem, names, or initials on musical instruments, weapons, or the line, and in using the emblem, names, or initials in connection with advertising, naming or describing products and services such as insurance, real estate, or financial services; or tend to subject the Marine Corps to discredit or would be inimical to the health, safety, welfare, or morale of the members of the Corps."

Jarhead117
12-20-13, 07:47 PM
Thank you, me being a former CAP Member, I wanted to do like CAP, we teach USMC Values, History, and way of life without being directing being a part of the Marine Corps. It's not that I don't like the Young Marines, it just, doesn't fit in what the Veterans and I want to show to our community, state, and nation...Thank you for your input.

N. Rodriguez