PDA

View Full Version : IMA in Quantico

EastofWest18
12-12-13, 06:06 PM
Good evening (morning, afternoon) Marines,

Quick question. I should be picking up soon, and will no longer be able to fill my billet (its an E-3 reserve billet and I am on the verge of E-5). I will likely have to find a new billet because all the E-4 and E-5 slots in my company are filled. I know that there is are well publicized MCIA and helicopter IMA unit down in Quantico. Does anyone know if there is also an IMA unit at WTBN or OCS? I am going to talk to my Career Planner next time I see him... in a few months. We have a big break in drill, and I want to have as much research done on my own before I meet him as possible. I already reviewed the MARFORRES website, and while there is a list of all SMCR billets and units, there is very little information on IMA.

If this is already out there on Leatherneck, I apologize. I tried using the search function but it was difficult to navigate and searching Google using site:.Leatherneck.com didn't answer my question either.

Thank you,
EastofWest

josephd
12-12-13, 07:53 PM
Good evening (morning, afternoon) Marines,

Quick question. I should be picking up soon, and will no longer be able to fill my billet (its an E-3 reserve billet and I am on the verge of E-5). I will likely have to find a new billet because all the E-4 and E-5 slots in my company are filled. I know that there is are well publicized MCIA and helicopter IMA unit down in Quantico. Does anyone know if there is also an IMA unit at WTBN or OCS? I am going to talk to my Career Planner next time I see him... in a few months. We have a big break in drill, and I want to have as much research done on my own before I meet him as possible. I already reviewed the MARFORRES website, and while there is a list of all SMCR billets and units, there is very little information on IMA.

If this is already out there on Leatherneck, I apologize. I tried using the search function but it was difficult to navigate and searching Google using site:.Leatherneck.com didn't answer my question either.

Thank you,
EastofWest

I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you anything on that...

Have you tried talking with a PSR at all?...they usually know of all these billets available. Or call a monitor at MARFORRES, usually a Gunny or MSgt, they should be able to tell you also. If not that, but any other billet that may be available elsewhere that meets your rank and MOS.

EastofWest18
12-12-13, 08:05 PM
I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you anything on that...

Have you tried talking with a PSR at all?...they usually know of all these billets available. Or call a monitor at MARFORRES, usually a Gunny or MSgt, they should be able to tell you also. If not that, but any other billet that may be available elsewhere that meets your rank and MOS.

Thanks. I am actually still on SMCR contract for a few more years and have a career planner who sits next to a PSR at my HTC. I know that some info can only be acquired by the right person in front of the right computer (in this case my Career Planner). This is more of a question to see if I can gather some OSINT on the topic before I go and ask. Its easier to get your way in the Marine Corps if you say "I heard that this exists, is it true" than "Does this exist?" I have found that lots of times people will just say no automatically if you ask the second way, but if you ask the first way they will work to see if you are right or not.

Like I said, not trying to go around my chain of command and contact people without talking to the career planner first, just seeking info for when I meet with him.

I appreciate the answer though.

EastofWest18
12-12-13, 08:06 PM
If not that, but any other billet that may be available elsewhere that meets your rank and MOS.

As a follow up, yes there are billets for me in the SMCR near where I live, however I want to keep the IMA option open and explore it.

Changster
12-13-13, 05:52 AM
There are IMA billets for you at Quantico. Probably more than you think. I would however keep an open mind about what you'll be doing. I don't believe I recall any being in HMX or OCS/TBS, but plenty at HQMC where I worked. Definitely check with the PSR or HQMC RAM2 (aka Reserve Affairs).