PDA

View Full Version : Attention Recruiters, Quick Question..

Gump
12-10-13, 09:56 PM
Hey guys( Marines ), new to the site here, I have asked around and looked, but I swear I can't find the answer. is there a program or something that allows you to switch to reserves at your 2 year mark?

I have heard that you can talk to a Prior Service Recruiter, and you lose some of your active benefits, and you extend your contract 4 more years, but it is a reserve rather than active.

Not sure if it is true or not, but something worth looking into. If ya'll know anything, or have heard anything about this, I'd really appreciate any information about it. Appreciate it Marines.

Huklebuk
12-11-13, 10:17 AM
There is no such program. Unless you have circumstances that dictate otherwise, such as family situation that requires your presence you could get orders to a reserve unit (humanitarian orders).

irpat54
12-11-13, 12:58 PM
Hey guys( Marines ), new to the site here, I have asked around and looked, but I swear I can't find the answer. is there a program or something that allows you to switch to reserves at your 2 year mark

I have heard that you can talk to a Prior Service Recruiter, and you lose some of your active benefits, and you extend your contract 4 more years, but it is a reserve rather than active.

Not sure if it is true or not, but something worth looking into. If ya'll know anything, or have heard anything about this, I'd really appreciate any information about it. Appreciate it Marines.
hay guys???? what the sea dog is that!!! this isn't a frat house..

Tennessee Top
12-11-13, 06:57 PM
Friendly enough feller - you'd think he knows us or something.

irpat54
12-11-13, 07:00 PM
Friendly enough feller - you'd think he knows us or something.

lol,, I guess so..

Huklebuk
12-11-13, 08:25 PM
Man, you guys don't know the half of it, that is common today. You should try being on recruiting duty, you would lose your mind. If I had a dollar for every time I got called sarge, man, bro, the list goes on, I would be driving a Ferrari! I don't take it as disrespect though, most just don't know any better.

Tennessee Top
12-12-13, 12:51 PM
That's why the DI's have to break them down, get the scuzzy civilian out of them, and transform them into basic Marines - hardest job in the USMC if you ask me.

Rocky C
12-12-13, 03:47 PM
Man, you guys don't know the half of it, that is common today. You should try being on recruiting duty, you would lose your mind. If I had a dollar for every time I got called sarge, man, bro, the list goes on, I would be driving a Ferrari! I don't take it as disrespect though, most just don't know any better.

Try running this forum for a week ;)

irpat54
12-12-13, 03:57 PM
Try running this forum for a week ;)

hahahaha... I can only imagine rocky...

silverdollar
12-13-13, 06:05 AM
That is why you make the big bucks Rocky.

SGT7477
12-13-13, 09:25 AM
That is why you make the big bucks Rocky.

Good one,lmfao, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
12-13-13, 05:56 PM
Hahahahaha !!!

m14ed
12-25-13, 02:34 PM
Try running this forum

for a week

;)

Crap Rock...
we're not that hard on you , are we ??