PDA

View Full Version : is this tattoo in regs?

Afrey
12-05-13, 09:15 AM
Morning Marines
So my Sgts gave been crazy busy and I dont want to bother them getting cleared for my tattoo if it isnt even in regs. Its gonna have phrases on it but the main image will be two beer mugs smashing together. Is this out of regs or no? Itll be on my left side and covered in while im in pt gear. Ill attach a sketch of the tattoo.

Thanks Devils

A. Frey

SGT7477
12-05-13, 09:48 AM
That's what Sgt's are for ask them, Semper Fidelis.

Apache
12-05-13, 10:17 AM
If you anticipate a problem----
Guess what-- probably is a problem.

Get your chain of command involved

Rocky C
12-05-13, 04:49 PM
Don't attach a sketch, show it to your command.
We have no control over it.

Old Marine
12-05-13, 05:59 PM
I could find a whole lot of things more better to waste my Lance Guns money on than a tat of breaking beer mugs.

EastofWest18
12-05-13, 06:04 PM
You say your Sgt is too busy for you? First of all, unless you are the assistant PLT Sgt (in which case you should already know the answer) there is someone between you and him. A fire team leader,...

Tennessee Top
12-05-13, 11:58 PM
What's the big hurry? Wait until you get the word. You'll be glad you did and may save you some grief.

sovereign
12-06-13, 11:14 AM
I could find a whole lot of things more better to waste my Lance Guns money on than a tat of breaking beer mugs.

No doubt!

[QUOTE=EastofWest18;936367] assistant PLT Sgt, assistant squad leader??? WTF??? Assistant PLT SGT? Assistant Sqd Ldr? Holy ****, times have changed!

EastofWest18
12-08-13, 04:17 PM
No doubt!

[QUOTE=EastofWest18;936367] assistant PLT Sgt, assistant squad leader??? WTF??? Assistant PLT SGT? Assistant Sqd Ldr? Holy ****, times have changed!

I literally named every position I could. Not every until will have each of these positions. I don't know if he is combat arms, support, or in the wing. Depending on which one he is he will have some variation of at least one of these between him and the Plt Sgt

BGW
12-09-13, 11:42 PM
Morning Marines
So my Sgts gave been crazy busy and I dont want to bother them getting cleared for my tattoo if it isnt even in regs. Its gonna have phrases on it but the main image will be two beer mugs smashing together. Is this out of regs or no? Itll be on my left side and covered in while im in pt gear. Ill attach a sketch of the tattoo.

Thanks Devils

A. Frey

As long as your tattoo is not visible in green on green PT gear and not offensive or anything in that nature your fine. Chances are no one cares what you do to your body, though I would suggest timing your tattoo. Be a ****ty experience if you get a fresh tattoo just so that you can go out in the field for a couple of days and get it infected. Or maybe just overall morning PT. The choice is yours.