PDA

View Full Version : Finding orders as a reservist?

Juicemang
11-22-13, 10:06 AM
Greetings Marines,

I recently reenlisted into the SMCR. Can anyone give me any gauge on finding orders to go active duty for certain amounts of time? I'm aware of the MARFORRES global billet website, but I was thinking more along the lines of orders for less than 30 days to support ops within CONUS or OCONUS. The fact is, is that I work for a federal agency that is full of a bunch of politically correct pussies, and I'd like to take orders whenever possible for a "vacation". Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks brothers!

Mwhite732
11-22-13, 04:23 PM
Sgt,

Welcome to the reserves. Supporting ops that are less than title 10 orders are usually not available on demand. Things like mojave viper support detachment will ask units to volunteer groups but that would be perfect because it is exactly 29 days. Keep someone in S-3 in your speed dial for that. As for getting orders like ADOS and such will be difficult because they won't put you on for long at all. What you want is called ATP's. Most vital I&I sections will be awarded a certain amount of these each FY. You will have to be of use to them though and most of the ATP's are used up by S-1 so if you're admin than you should be able to do it. It's drill pay status but you won't be using any drill dates, that would be called RIDT'ing. You could also try and get sent to a school related to your mos. Some schools only last 2-3 weeks. Also if you have a red tab instructor at your unit bug him and convince you're 1stSgt to let him conduct a instructor class. They will pay you to take it for 2 weeks, it's an awesome workout and it's fun. That's about all I got. Hope that helps. Everybody at my unit wonders how I get so many orders and to be honest you just have to know the right people. S-3 will be the right people.

Tennessee Top
11-22-13, 04:58 PM
Your S-3 and your I-I staff (they will know the skinny). Good luck.

Juicemang
11-25-13, 09:36 PM
Gents, thanks for the good info. I did my first RIDT with my new unit today. It was good to go. I got some information on ADOS being available in January, as well as finding out we're headed down to good ole Lejeune this summer. S/F!