PDA

View Full Version : Army copying Marine Corps Training

MillRatUSMC
12-20-03, 01:47 AM
Tonight, I was watching program on training being taught some units of the Army other than their infantry units.
Seems that the leadership of the Army see some value in the training of our MEU's especially urban and peace keeping training.
It's been done at Fort Polk, LA.
It's too bad that this wasn't given to many Army units send to fight in Iraqi Freedom and units still there.
It might have avoid many deaths there.

Devildogg4ever
12-20-03, 04:05 AM
It's too bad that this wasn't given to many Army units send to fight in Iraqi Freedom and units still there.
It might have avoid many deaths there.This is so true! Most of the KIA and MIA were not Marines!! Also, I think alot of becoming a Marine starts with boot camp and not just regular training!! You have to start from scratch, not in the middle.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-21-03, 09:04 PM
The Army has been trying to do something similiar to the Marine CAX at Ft. Polk for a while now. The local National Guard unit went a year or two ago. From what I hear, they are trying to do things more like the Marine Corps, but being the Army, just can't quite get it right. It is a simple thing really, the need to do what bg businesses do. Offer the Assistant Commandant a whole bunch of money to become a soldier for the last two years of his career, and teach them what they are doing wrong. OF course, it may take longer that two or three years.

Sticky blue
12-22-03, 05:59 PM
Try this one guys but please don't wet your pants too much! There is a video as well and I strongly advise you to download it and pass it around other Marines and also to the Army guys.
When passing it to the Army guys you know please add this "This video is proof of why Marines do beach landings and NOT, under ANY circumstances, the Army".
Here is a link to the page and the link to the video is at the bottom of the page: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=13674265&method=full&siteid=50143

ENJOY

MillRatUSMC
12-22-03, 06:08 PM
Sticky blue, here is a link to the page in your message;
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=13674265&method=full&siteid=50143

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

garryh123
12-22-03, 06:23 PM
ROFLMAO

yellowwing
12-23-03, 11:57 AM
Geez, that's how training death occur. Not to mention they would have had a real mess if they were really landing on a hostile beach.

I wonder if they got any training tips from the pros?