PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this Tick you off?

prmama
12-17-03, 04:51 PM
Newspaper article
Poor Man's James Bond
War is peace; ignorance is strength

No weapons of mass destruction have been found.
Wait, I want to repeat that.
No weapons of mass destruction have been found.
Iraq is a topic I have avoided since I ignorantly stopped protesting weeks after the war ended.
It was making my blood boil to think about it.
Ignorance being bliss, I have tried to stay away from the topic.
That changed after hearing about the shot down helicopter that killed 16 Americans.
People seem to have forgotten that we are at war, built on innumerable orchestrated deceptions.
This war was wrong and our country, and all that it supposedly stands for, may perish because of it.
While I am sure this will alienate a number of people- I don't care!
I want everyone who supported this war and all it's lies to know that the blood of those dead Americans is on their hands.
Theirs and the blood of over 400 other Americans.
They may have a river of blood to bathe themselves in by the end of this, all of who have died for what?
Do you feel safer?
It is unknown whether there were "terrorists" in Iraq before the war, but I guarantee there are some there now.
With every house being torn down to root out snipers, you will find some growing up!
Down every block an American rides a tank, you will find some growing up.
In every country we bomb in the name of peace and prosperity, you will find some growing up.
Whole continents of the world hate us now, and rightfully so.
The ignorance and arrogance of thinking we can stop violence by creating more violence.
What is it we have to offer these people anyway, Big Macs and more CSI than you can shake a stick at?
We don't value freedom, we value power and security.
We don't fight for the common man, we fight for the common dollar.
We are not a Democracy, we are a "Mock" racy.
Don't get me wrong, I am a hustler; I am just as guilty as anyone for America's sins.
The difference is that I am realistic enough to know that I am going to hell.
Where are all those country singers singing about their red, white, and blue, red white and puke.
We had a chance to see the emperor had no clothes, to see the wizard without all his majesty and still we turned a blind eye to it.
We heard the lies and knew they were lies, but we remained apathetic.
For that we Americans are perhaps the stupidest, most easily manipulated people in the world.
If George Bush came to us selling the Taliban as the security answer in Iraq, we would buy it.
So rally round the flag lapels and make sure you say 10 rosaries to our god who art in Hollywood.
We are the sheep being led to slaughter.

Brien Belko
News Editor
bbelko@jccc.net

garryh123
12-17-03, 05:03 PM
I guess he would rather have us do nothing and let the terrorists attack us at will. Then he would have many "rivers of blood" to swim in.

ese4mc
12-17-03, 05:05 PM
another member of the liberal press speaks---probably ruined a good one when they put teeth in his

radio relay
12-17-03, 05:18 PM
These left wing fools just never ever learn. Too bad that the press is infested with so damned many of them.

I can't wait to see them cry when George W. Bush, kicks the butt of whatever democRat ends up running against him.

Thank God, the last election turned out as it did!

SF

Sparrowhawk
12-17-03, 05:36 PM
Brien Belko the editor to a college newspaper is a Non-Instructional Salaried person, that works at

Johnson County Community College in Overland Park in Kansas,.

His writing may as well have been written by a high school student for the value it carries.

Call him if you like at (913) 469-8500 x3191 and tell him how stupid he is.

Semper fi
Cook

Sparrowhawk
12-17-03, 06:17 PM
How peace is obtained and how it is maintained

GySgtRet
12-17-03, 07:22 PM
Even though you have not earne the title of "MARINE" your heart seems to be in the correct place. Idiots can say what they want about any aministration even that BUBBA that was in there at the Whitehouse for eight. But NOBODY has come up with anything
better than what we have here in the good old

********* U N I T E D S T A T E S of A M E R I C A ********

Our current COMMADER-in-CHIEF has done nothing but an excellent job since taking over from BUBBA and things like him and his @#SHOLE wife, DIKE whatever she is. And then it is people like this A**HOLE that get into office like the last IDIOTS

SEMPER FIDELIS

prmama
12-17-03, 07:43 PM
I know some people that has reply to the College senior editor there. So far they have not got a reply to it. I could sent ya a reply to what they said there if you want. Not even this Belko person reply to them.

prmama
12-17-03, 07:46 PM
Dear Dr. Carlson:

It’s only a few days before the birth of Our Lord, Jesus Christ; a time of the year when many of us are celebrating this American Holy Day and Holiday with our family and friends. There is much to be happy about, a day and time of the year when we all can count our blessings; thank the Lord above for our freedom and praise our fore fathers for providing us this opportunity to be able to live in such a great country.

With “Freedom” comes responsibility; much of this responsibility is in your hands as the President of Johnson County Community College; to prepare and to educate our young men and women in the ability to earn a living, the importance of accurate, intelligent and responsible communication, and the ability to go forward into the next generation conveying to all the benefits of their educational experiences.

I previously mentioned the importance of accurate, intelligent and responsible communication; also, with “Freedom” comes responsibility. Students enrolled in your school have a “Freedom” in which there are very few countries which allow “Freedom” to decent, “Freedom” to protest, the “Freedom” to pretty much come and go as we feel. We have these very “Freedoms” because of the hundreds of thousands of young men and women who accepted the responsibility of going to war to defend our young nation from the oppression which many, many third world countries have to endure each and every day of their lives.

So what is my point in all of this? I am in possession of a rambling, fact less, faceless, inarticulate and most disrespectful article regarding our military, our “Flag” and our country, written in your Campus Ledger by your News Editor, namely Brien Belko. “Red, White and Puke”, do you condone this type activity at your campus Dr. Carlson; the “Red, White and Blue” is the symbol of our “Freedoms”…you fly the “Stars and Stripes” every single day at you campus as a reminder to all of us of the many sacrifices that our military have made for this great “United States of America” over the years…I don’t know if there is a “Life Here After”; I’m hoping that if there is that Mr. Belko meets up with those brave and heroic men and women who have paid the ultimate price for our “Freedoms”.

Personally, I am a disabled Marine who is sickened by Mr. Belko’s lack of respect for those of us who have served and would again volunteer to fight for our “Flag” in order to preserve his right to iterate his many unfounded conclusions and disrespectful language pertaining to our military in your Campus Ledger…and, what is really disheartening, is the fact that this obnoxious portrayal of our “Flag” and our United States of America is condoned by Mr. Belko’s superiors and by the President of Johnson County Community College.

Finally, I am hoping that you will offer some sort of apology to our Military on behalf of the College before I am compelled to forward this letter to the Governor, US Congress and the media. “Red, White and Puke”, sure would be great if I could bump into your news editor; he needs a little education on “Puke”.

prmama
12-17-03, 07:47 PM
Mr. Belko:

Please join me on a brief journey. We will make four stops along the way. Consider this an open-ended invitation to include those who think like you and those at Johnson County Community College responsible for giving you your editorial position.

First, we will visit the local Veterans' Home. There are some "old-timers" you need to meet. Please don't be shocked by the mangled bodies, missing limbs and blank stares. Please don't be offended if some can't rise to shake your hand. At each ward we visit, you will be given the opportunity to look each of them in the eye and explain to them why THEY don't value freedom, democracy and the Red, White and Blue of our Nations flag. This would be a good time to sell your ideas on why it should be called the Red, White and "Puke".

Our second stop will be the local Veterans' Hospital. While I wish it could be avoided, once again you will see mangled bodies, missing limbs and blank stares. These men and women will be much younger, some even your age. At each ward we visit, you will be given the opportunity to look each of them in the eye and explain to them why THEY don't value freedom, democracy and the Red, White and Blue of our Nations flag. This will be your second opportunity to sell your ideas on why it should be called the Red, White and "Puke".

Our third stop will be Arlington National Cemetery. The best time to visit is Memorial Day. Here you won't see mangled bodies, missing limbs and blank stares. You will only see very precise rows of grave markers. Each grave having its own Red, White and Blue of our Nations flag. I'm confident we can gather an audience to represent those buried there. This time you will have the opportunity to look into the eyes of the widows, widowers, fathers, mothers and orphans of those departed souls and explain to them that the deceased DID NOT value freedom, democracy or the Red, White and Blue of our Nations flag. This is your final opportunity to sell your ideas on why it should be called the Red, White and "Puke".

Our fourth and final stop can be of your choosing. When we get there, you should fall on your knees, thanking GOD that there are and were, men and women that value freedom, democracy and the Red, White and Blue of our Nations flag. They required a dedication to a purpose, a love of country and a dedication to duty that was more important than life itself. Their self-sacrifice is what made this country possible, Mr. Belko.

As a citizen of this great Nation and a Marine Veteran, I am appalled at your rambling, fact-less and inaccurate editorial. You have defiled the good names and gravely dishonored my Brothers and Sisters who fought and died to preserve the freedoms you enjoy.

Mr. Belko, freedom is not free. Freedom is a heavy burden. I thank GOD there are some of us willing to carry your share of that burden until you are strong enough to help.

prmama
12-17-03, 07:48 PM
Mr. Belko;

Regarding "Poor Man's James Bond War is peace; ignorance is strength"

You obviously have no clue what you are attempting to iterate. Nor do you understand the hurtfulness, disrespectfulness and just outright meanness you have directed at our wonderful, heroic men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States. Your piece (I'm kind when I refer to it as a piece) is nothing but rambling. You make accusations and statements but offer no mention of how you came to these conclusions. Factless. That Mr Belko, is why it is rambling. An attempt to stir some people up and project some kind of "image" to whomever you are trying to impress. You are doing nothing but repeating words you've heard from other fine upstanding American radicals. I'm surprised this ill written lucubration even got published. With all that said, let me iterate to you Mr. Belko that you live in a country where you are allowed to express your opinions no matter how anti-social. Those of us that have served have earned YOU that right. We, me and my fellow servicemen and women, have taken it upon ourselves, to bear YOUR burden and pay YOUR dues. Because we chose to support our country and our Commander-in-Chief you, and people like you did not have to give up any of your precious time. I personally, spent 20 years in the United States Marine Corps and believe me, it was no cakewalk. When I got out of the Marines I had a huge adjustment to make to get back to dealing with civilians. I have many many Marine brothers and sisters who unfortunately gave a lot more than I. I'm sure even you Mr Belko are familiar with the term, "some gave all". Do you even know what that means? I pray every day for our service members overseas. I pray they come home alive and in one piece. Many of them come back maimed and crippled. They have the rest of their lives to relive the pain and agony of war. Most however, will tell you straight up, I did it for the United States of America and would do it again. They fought in essence, for the Red, White and Blue. The Red, White and Blue Mr Belko is the symbol of the freedom that YOU enjoy. Our Government is not and never will be perfect. Fortunately, at this time in history we have enough checks and balances in place where we in the good ole U.S of A are not "ruled". You can say what you want. But you are quite selfish and sick when you express it the way you did in your "piece". Be grateful that there are those out there that believe in freedom, believe we are free, and are willing to fight for it. Everyone in this great nation has the opportunity to become whatever they want. All that has to be done is effort put forth. Nothing is given for free as it appears that is what you are really upset and discontented about. When you say "We" don't fight for the common man", you should have said "I, and people like me, don't fight for the common man. I, and people like me sit back and collect the bounty of those that do fight for the common man. I'm a protestant Mr Belko, but, I will be saying 10 rosaries for YOU!

prmama
12-17-03, 07:51 PM
Are from retire Marines. They care for our Corp and country like all of us here. I left thier names out of the letter. They just wanted their point said.

jfreas
12-17-03, 08:07 PM
GySgyRet why don't you really tells us how ya feel about the clintons, and don't sugar coat it this time. lmao. Right on Gunny.

Devildogg4ever
12-18-03, 04:10 AM
Just another fruit cup, trying to put their 2 cents of nothing in! These people will never understand! They are the ones that get conned, robbed, mugged, ect., because they never look at life for what it really is!!

arzach
12-18-03, 10:14 AM
Far as I'm concerned, some people just need choked..Brien is one.Wouldn't touch either bubba or his dyke wife, so an 'eye dotting' would be more suitable.

MityFine missives you sent out , can only pray they have an effect...

S/F
Rick

belkocatch22
02-28-08, 04:19 PM
I just wanted to apologize for what I had written here some many years ago. At the time, I was incredibly angry with the direction that our country was taking and felt powerless to affect any real meaningful change. Therefore, as many of us do when feeling powerless, I lashed out. However, reading now what I wrote then, I can see the amount of hurt and anger that my words must have caused both to our distinguished veterans and to their families. It was immature and incredibly disrespectful to the people who have defended our country since it's inception. I know this may not mean much so many years later, but I apologize for what was written and i greatly appreciate everything that the men and women of the armed services have done for both my country and for me.

arzach
02-28-08, 05:05 PM
I just wanted to apologize for what I had written here some many years ago. At the time, I was incredibly angry with the direction that our country was taking and felt powerless to affect any real meaningful change. Therefore, as many of us do when feeling powerless, I lashed out. However, reading now what I wrote then, I can see the amount of hurt and anger that my words must have caused both to our distinguished veterans and to their families. It was immature and incredibly disrespectful to the people who have defended our country since it's inception. I know this may not mean much so many years later, but I apologize for what was written and i greatly appreciate everything that the men and women of the armed services have done for both my country and for me.

With the political atmosphere of today...please share your thoughts now on what direction our Country should take? Should be interesting seein' how barak has been quoted recently from his book, dedicated to his Kenyan Father, sayin the only way the white man will ever understand the black man is thru islam....