PDA

View Full Version : USPS New MUSLIM Stamp

Sparrowhawk
12-17-03, 03:05 PM
USPS New Stamp

This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text.
If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it be this!

REM! EMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm
Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World
Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine
barracks in Leban! on!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military
barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American
Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin ! Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were
lost in those vicious MUSLI! M attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the
EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class
holiday postage stamp.

http://shop.usps.com/images/02_eid37_d.jpg

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp
when purchasing your stamps at the post office.

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those
AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

How well this stamp sells will show us, how much a muslim connection there is in America today.

ese4mc
12-17-03, 05:03 PM
Only in America---I wonder if all those free spending presidential hopefuls agree----does this mean the whole country is LIBERAL

arzach
12-17-03, 05:52 PM
'Hawk, that stamp's been out for a few years now...disgusts me everytime I see it. I work for USPS, this stamp is the ONLY stamp I've seen carried over after a rate change. And to think we can't get Chesty Puller or one for the Beruit Vets....

Devildogg4ever
12-18-03, 04:14 AM
I agree with you, arzach! It is very disgusting!! They need to make it bigger and use it for target practice! Think they would get the idea??

marinemom
12-18-03, 05:51 AM
Not trying to start anything, but... it is a "holday" stamp. just like the Santa Claus and Hannukah stamps that the USPS issues.

And, if that is dropped or forced out of circulation, I can envision our old friends at the ACLU filing lawsuits all over the place.

If that one goes, then the others will follow - I agree that in the light of actions of those in the Muslim world, it is offensive to a lot of us (and we had friends injured in Beirut, too).

According to the folks at my local post office, this one does not get bought a lot - and isn't the right to a difernce of opinion and religion one of the things that you Marines signed up to defend?

I won't be using this on my Christmas cards, or even on my other mail - and a lot of other Americans won't either. And, according to my post office folks, if it does not show a sales profit over a period of time, it gets dropped.

Sparrowhawk
12-18-03, 06:27 AM
A friend that lives in Canada forward me the info via e-mail, and I hadn't seen it posted before and while I knew it was a holiday stamp, I didn't know it had been out a few years.

We still seem to be giving the Muslim religion inclusive rights or recognition for political reasons, other than respect for a religious belief.

It burned me up, everytime muslim leaders were recognized by the press as peaceful people following 9-11 when they were the very same persons that had condamned the US many times before.

I recall posting an anti-terrorist message here months before 9-11 about the muslim Islamic fantics in America. The tread had a link to a web page that had been released about their anti-American activities in America, but I don't remember the title of that piece.

Cotton
12-18-03, 09:06 AM
On the other site that I go read the forum posts they get highly annoyed with me. You see I love to investigate such stories as this muslim stamp. I like the facts before I make my mind up on some issue.

This stamp by the way does exist and has for some time. Read the following link, which comes from the USPS site.

http://www.usps.com/news/2001/philatelic/sr01_054_print.htm

(Sorry you have to copy and paste. I used the quick reply. By the way I love this site. I love the history here and the current events. Thank you for making me feel so welcome.)

Seems they are just upping the price of this stamp keeping it current. It was actually released in 2001. Why the uproar over it now? That answer is pretty self explanatory considering 9-11 and all the rest the USA has been through and going through. If we hadn't have had this war we never would have heard about this stamp in such controversial light.

And as for me, I have never been offered this stamp during the holiday season. I have never seen it. And I would graciously decline it if our postal workers handed it to me. Pretty stamp though and that is about all it is.

arzach
12-18-03, 10:00 AM
Listen Up Ya'll! This stamp came out in 2001 as a holiday stamp...it has remained available year round since then and even been re-issued with the higher postage rate. NO OTHER STAMP TO MY KNOWLEDGE has had this afforded to them. Like I said before, I work at USPS as a carrier, I see these stamps all the time...only a couple customers use them..but they are always there.

MarineMom, i ain't stirrin' the pot...it is NOT just a holiday stamp, it celebrates the whole damn muslim/islamic 'thing'

Rick

Sparrowhawk
12-18-03, 10:00 AM
I just remembered the name of that video that was posted on the internet.

"Terrorist Among Us - The Jihad in America (2001)"

by Steve Emerson. I had heard him speak on CNN, then obtained a copy of the tape. It's worth the price to get yourself a copy and to share it among friends.

Viewing this video will help us understand how successful we have been in stopping terorist incidents in America as the films depicts hundreds of Muslims in America calling for our destruction.

I first began to investigate the Muslim political connection years ago and saw the pattern developing where Arab-Americans were seekign political offices with funds that were questionable. I relayed that info to the fair Political practice Commission in Washington, D.C., but no investigation was conducted.

I wonder if we did a good research how many of our politicians had funds donated to them by groups that were latrer identified as supporting terrorism agains America. I know Hillary Clinton, did and she supposily returned the money.

here's the link to a five minute clip of that video

http://video.ire.org/10650.ram

Summary: In the wake of the World Trade Center bombing, PBS investigates "the networks of Islamic extremists committed to Jihad in America. For these militants, Jihad is a holy war, an armed struggle to defeat nonbelievers or infidels. And their ultimate goal is to establish an Islamic empire.... you will hear what these militants say among themselves, and witness some of their secret activities here on American soil.

jasultan
12-18-03, 12:44 PM
With all due respect, as our comander in chief said, our war is not against the relegion but against the individuals who have hijacked it. Keeping that in mind, one should open up their minds to the true teachings of the relegion. Our common enemies are nothing but extremists, who have insulted and ruined the relegion according to their needs (whatever they are). Nowhere in the relegion does it say that you can kill civilians. According to the Muslim laws of war, which are very similar to the ones I learnt in boot camp, one is not to take action against, child, female or elderly, or a non combatant. (9-11 shows and proves other wise). That is a prime example of extremist who are willing to and have been bending the rules and practices according to their desires/needs. What makes our country different from the rest of the world is the freedom granted to us in our constitution. Plus if you look at the muslim population over here in USA, you will see clearly a difference between the ones who are hardworking and kiss the soil of our country like they should, individuals like my self who are committed to serving the country. A few bad apples will ruin the bunch, and that is the case and has been the case in the history, Timothy Mcveigh, Una bomber are a few examples. It took me a week after boot camp to realize my ethnecity, and that was after somebody said how can you be a MARINE you are not American. 13 weeks of wearing green on green and not being treated any differently than the recruit next to me, made me realize the greatness of the Corps and our nation. So the stamp is just celebrating the muslim holiday as a result of fasting (Ramadan), that is all there is to it. What it shows to the rest of the world is, our big hearts that we have as Americans that even after the actions of 9-11, Beirut, and any other terrorist attack on us, we recognize our citizens regardless of race, relegion or ethnicity. Any other country of the world and I assure you this would have been banned already, riots and lost of precious life.
Semper Fi.
Lcpl Sultan

Phantom Blooper
12-19-03, 06:31 AM
A woman goes to the post office to buy stamps for her
Christmas cards.

She says to the clerk, "May I have 50 Christmas stamps?"

The clerk says, "What denomination?"

The woman says, "God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists."

:marine: S/F Chuck Hall

MillRatUSMC
12-19-03, 08:24 AM
I've been ponder, if I should response to this message.
Because anything might be taken in any view of those reading this.
We treading on dangerous ground, we equating the terrorist with a religion.
Not all Muslims are terrorists but some have been.
The stamp is a celebration after a month of fasting.

"Eid Mubarak!"

Definition: A phrase of greetings said among Muslims to congratulate each other on holidays. It literally means, "Blessed Festival!" The appropriate answer is, "Allah yubarak feek!" (May Allah bless it for you also!)

Pronunciation: eed moo-bar-ak • (phrase)

Example: A U.S. postage stamp commemorating the Muslim holidays reads "Eid Mubarak" in both English and Arabic script.

Alternate Spellings: Id Mubarak, 'Eid Mubarak

To understand those oppose to us, we must understand them.
There's muslims serving in our arm forces.
Many came here before there was a United States of America seeking a better place dued to them being persecuted because of their religion.
As Christians we should extent some tolerance to those of the muslim faith.
There many stores around here owned and operated by families from the middle East.
They had and are having a hard time since 9/11/01.
I try to understand them.
Many are hard working.
Some are Christains.
But many see them only as muslims.
Yet we must never forget Beruit of 1982.
Those Marines and other servicemen died while doing a mission of Peace.
We wonder what advice, they might give us?
I was raise as a Roman Catholic, since Vietnam I questioned my religion on why all the killing.
So I practice tolerance of other religions.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Sgt Sostand
12-19-03, 08:43 AM
I am ****ed off MUSLIM of any kind i dont care for

jasultan
12-19-03, 02:47 PM
Ricardo,
I agree with you, however the muslim religion did originate in the Middle East, however is not limited to Middle East. One of my good friends is a Staff Sgt. with Recon, a carrier Marine and a Muslim, from Albania and served in Gulf war and Kosovo. An outstanding Marine dedicated to the Corps. I have no words for Sgt. Sostand, as this is a free country and he has a right to not care. I just hope it doesn't effect his professional behaviour when it comes to dealing with a fellow Marine who is a Muslim.