PDA

View Full Version : Update on future decisions...

ritdawg
10-05-13, 11:50 PM
I've posted here before regarding my time in the Marine Reserves and after careful consideration, I have decided to accept a position in the Air Force Reserve very close to my home in Colorado. I...

Rocky C
10-06-13, 08:52 AM
You have to do what is best for you and your family.

Thank you for your 8 years of dedicated service to the United States Marine Corps.

Best of luck and health to you and your family.

Don't be a stranger on this forum. Once a Marine, always a Marine :thumbup:

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Tennessee Top
10-06-13, 12:23 PM
Good luck.

jeffrey 4131
10-06-13, 06:49 PM
Ryan, Back in 1980, after 4 years of active duty in the Corps, 1975-1979, I joined the Army Reserve. It was surely different than the Corps. The worst thing for me was wearing the Army uniform. I got used to it as time went on. I'm still in the Army Reserve, an old crusty E-8, with about one year left. You can stay in the Army Reserve until age 60. At age 60 I will retire with pay and all the benefits. Just remember if you join you will get paid for weekend drills, two week period of annual training and have the benefits of shopping at the Exchange and Commissary. If you already served 8 years you only have to do 12 more years for a total of 20 years. If you completed 20 "good" years you can receive retirement pay. The only problem with retiring from the reserve or guard is you have to wait till you are 60 to receive retirement pay. The only negative thing is you can be deployed and be away from home and family. Take your time to decide and make the your decision. Semper Fi!

Old Marine
10-06-13, 08:14 PM
Air Force= Good choice.