PDA

View Full Version : What to wear when meeting with OSO?

szhodgson
09-23-13, 03:35 PM
I am a LCpl in the Marine Reserve forces. I am currently attending college full time and am scheduled to meet with my state's OSO next week and was curious as to what I should wear. Should I wear my Chucks or Blues deltas since I am already a Marine or should I just stick with semi-formal civilian attire? Also, any tips that would help me in my meeting would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Rocky C
09-23-13, 03:56 PM
Dress Blue Deltas Brother with Ribbons and Badges for sure :thumbup:.

Tips ? Shut your iphone off. Look sharp and crisp and maintain eye contact always. The rest you already know, your a " Marine ".

Best of luck to you.

fl1946
09-23-13, 08:33 PM
And don't forget about your shoes. I guess today you don't have to spit polish; nevertheless top them off like a mirror. Wearing your uniform is nice option, but consider a conservative dark suit, white shirt and tie, just like if you are interviewing for an executive position in the corporate world. I'm sure the OSOs are looking for potential leader material. Good luck and let us know how your interview went.

Tennessee Top
09-24-13, 03:19 AM
OSO's are used to meeting with civilian college students dressed accordingly. I think meeting a squared-away Marine in deltas would make an unexpected and favorable first impression. They will be evaluating you for your leadership potential so military bearing and uniform appearance will be crucial (think personnel inspection - everything freshly pressed/polished, no Irish pennants, fresh regulation haircut/shave - you know the drill). Good luck and blow them away. Come back and let us know how it went.