PDA

View Full Version : PCS to Lejeune

Manymini05s
09-17-13, 07:26 PM
PCS season is here and (disclaimer: there isn't previous forums with general info for those with questions) I have heard plenty of good, bad, and ugly about what is what.
If someone has good know-how on whats what, or others have questions, how bout we toss them up?

I'm going from OCONUS to CONUS next year and my wife is currently stateside, will they move her and my stuff from here or will I be doing a TMO for my stuff and a DITY for her?

Second, at what point can I contact housing to see if the missus needs to start househunting that area?

If there is already somewhere these are posted, just shoot me a link.

Tennessee Top
09-17-13, 07:41 PM
You need to call or visit TMO to get the straight scoop. Normally, nothing can be done till you have your orders in hand because they contain the appropriation data for travel and moving household goods.

You can always call housing ahead of time for general info but they won't put you on any type of waiting list till you actually check into your new unit (because orders can get changed at the last moment). My ex and I waited 13 months for housing aboard Camp Pendleton. Of course, your family size will have a bearing on how long you'll need to wait.

Good luck with your move (hope the packers/movers don't lose too much of your gear - I lost something every move I made).

Manymini05s
09-18-13, 08:27 PM
Thanks, will do this and update as things develop for those in the same situation.